Back Old School, Vanilla Morrowind

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:18 pm

Hello there^^

Iv'e recently installed Morrowind again, patched it up with Bloodmoon and Tribunal, with the 1,6 patch, no mods what so ever, Vanilla style. :foodndrink:

I made a male Nord, name: Thadinus. A twist between long bladesman and restoration/enchanter with heavy/medium armor, just a few hints on my costun class. Birthsign: The Tower. :toughninja:

What Iv'e done until now:

Robbed Fargoth's crib, AND... used he's bed, decapitaded an Assasin inside he's house. Fooled Fargoth and helped my fellow nord back in the Tavern, robbed the Census Offices, killed Vit's killer, gave back the ring and put in some good words with the now widow, lied about finding 200septims on Vit's corpse... kibbed the axe, and dagger outside Seyda Neen, also, laughed hard from that mage falling with he's own super awesome scroll, swept he's corpse and took he's loot.
Then, the regular: Go to Balmora and kib every barrel/crate/urn etc, sell the loot, buy bonemold armor. :goodjob:

And now, your quest, what to do now?

I'm tired of The Mage's Guild, aswell as The Fighter's Guild, alongside with The Imperial Legion, I also won't start any main quests as of now, not even East Empire Company. :glare:

Anyone have any interresting "To Do's" ?

Hug's and Kisse's, Zanctillia^^
k a t e

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:58 am

Grab your gear and do a walkabout of the continent. Choose a road and start walking. Relocate to another area of the country and be a tourist :)

John
asako

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:56 am

In every game I playmy characters do something similar to what JH2011 suggests. I take each of them on a walk/run around the entirety of Vvardenfeel and Solstheim. It's something I did in my very first game and it's become a kind of rite-of-passage for each of my characters ever since. They start in Seyda Neen and follow the coastline in either direction all the way around map and back to Seyda Neen. If I do this on a lowe level character it's a great adventure and one that takes pretty much an entire day, real-time, to accomplish. It's great fun.
Nikki Morse

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:12 pm

A walkabout huh? Sounds interresting, maybe I should do that, I may find some place to start at on the road, and find places Iv'e never been before, misc-quests and all. Doing that, will make each character's journey and playstyle unique, you never know what gamestyle you'll end up with on the journey. :obliviongate:

So, tomorrow, I'll begin my journey, seek out caves, tombs etc, do some misc-quests, gain some levels, gear etc, wish me good luck^^ :bolt:

Zanctillia :wub:

BTW: Love the Emoticons here, always done that :goodjob:
Damien Mulvenna

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:04 pm

In every game I playmy characters do something similar to what JH2011 suggests. I take each of them on a walk/run around the entirety of Vvardenfeel and Solstheim. It's something I did in my very first game and it's become a kind of rite-of-passage for each of my characters ever since. They start in Seyda Neen and follow the coastline in either direction all the way around map and back to Seyda Neen. If I do this on a lowe level character it's a great adventure and one that takes pretty much an entire day, real-time, to accomplish. It's great fun.

I have got to be doing something wrong. It takes me literally many days real-time to just even get ouf of Seyda Neen or to level up :) How does your character(s) manage to accomplish doing that in one day real-time?

I find myself always amazed at how quickly other people report their character leveling up. The only thing I can say in my defense is that my characters are usually dirt-porr Bretons who spend all of their time at the start collecting ingredients to raise money while killing mudcrabs and spending the night huddled for their life on the edge of Seyda Neen until they can start buying armor and weapons. Consequently, they don't advance very quickly. Hm, also they don't feel right doing one or two quests there and keep their nose out of other people's business; they do talk with everyone but choose what to do based on the rumors etc. that people share with them.

@Zanctillia, my most recent character did just what I suggested, btw. Shipped on a prison ship and dumped off at the edge of the Empire at the whim of an Emperor whom he's never met nor has any particular like or dislike, he stays awhile in Seyda Neen, getting the lay of the land and thinking about his future. Finally, he decides that he just wants to get away from it all. Despite the exhortations of the soldier at the Census Office, he doesn't see any reason why he owes loyalty to the Emperor and strikes out on his own as the spirit moves him. His talks with the locals (citizens, guards and people at the tradehouse) dismay him about the corruption all around and reinforces his desire to stay aloof. Therefore, he also decided not to join any faction, though if he did the Imperial Cult might have the most appeal, but he only finds out about them after he gets to other towns. FWIW, that character reached level 28 without joining any faction and when I retired him and by that level, IMO, there's no point to joining a faction other than because you want to do so..
Laura

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:10 pm

It takes me literally many days real-time to just even get ouf of Seyda Neen or to level up :) How does your character(s) manage to accomplish doing that in one day real-time?

I find myself always amazed at how quickly other people report their character leveling up.

Some of them begin the journey right off the prison ship at level 1. Others start at level 5. If you hug the coastline you're mainly fighting Slaughterfish (which you can avoid by running up onto land). It does get hairy if something on land spots you up in Solstheim or the Sheograd region, as they are usually a higher level. ;)

My characters don't level up fast either. You aren't doing anything "wrong." I use a character-leveling mod to slow my character's leveling down. A character who starts the journey at level 3 may only be level 4 or 5 by the time she gets back to Seyda Neen.

By the time my characters have finished with both Seyda Neen and the trip around Vvardenfell and Solstheim I will have spent a week or two playing the character. I'm in no hurry. Don't listen to what other players say about their leveling speed. If you're happy with the speed at which you're progressing that's the only thing that matters.
Jake Easom

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:50 pm

Just woke up... I'm gonna start up Morrowind now, that heavy working engine... Helps out with no mods, Vanilla... I can't remember last time I played it Vanilla, must have been when I was 10years old and didn't know even how to forward my weapon. So, I havn't decided which way to start my journey, but I will probably give you an update when I'm well on my way :twirl:
Marquis deVille

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:43 pm

Some of them begin the journey right off the prison ship at level 1

I'm that kind of dude.

The first thing I usually do is reporting to Ca?us, silt striding to Balmora. It's the kickstart for me for everything. I guess that trip on the boat and the strange dreams I had during the journey leaves me a little bit confused : what am I doing here, why me, what should I do ? The only orders people gave me is to report to that guy at Balmora, so let's do this.

After talking to Ca?us, I follow his advices and join a guild, or do some random exploration. I sometimes go back to Seyda Neen, to talk to that Bosmer that looked somewhat friendly :hehe:
Jaylene Brower

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:07 am

I decided to make diary entries about my journey, http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1154909-a-journey-in-morrowind/ :foodndrink:
Angela

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:20 pm

Yup, I have started playing it again as well, the game has legs if anything. I am not playing vanilla though, there are a couple of mods installed but maybe the vanilla urge will creep up on me.
Terry

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:02 pm

I don′t think I could play Morrowind without some amount of grapics enhancers, nice to see there are those who can :foodndrink:

Pretty hard to come up with stuff for you to do, but I was thinking just walking across the island to all the towns and settlements and talk to all you meet. Maybe getting as many as you can to like you by raising their disposition :smile:
And when you′re done, rob their a**es :laugh:

Btw, I like these too :teehee:
Rachel Tyson

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:12 am

I've been using a character that is essentially finished (maxxed out skills most artifacts, all quests I wanted to do etc.).

I decided to make a spell that is charm 1pt on target and practice shooting at NPCs in the bigger cities while pretending the ground (not buildings and walls) is lava. It was really fun :S.
Destinyscharm

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:08 pm

I'm playing Mw. with only Tribunal added. Breton/Mage. Pretty much ignore magic other than Levitate. After Oblvion, a bit of a shock, used to the graphics now so that's ok. Bought it 2nd hand, no manual or maps, found the 'guide to' very useful. Have scary high rep points. Have killed some Dagon dudes in caves I find and people say' thank you for saving me' when you walk round the towns.
Have made a 'travel' journal St.R-a,b,c,--boat to --- and am filling in my map. Don't like the way magic doesn't regenerate, wish we could sleep without it forcing a level up before we're ready. ie got enough alt. skills for 5x max. :wink_smile:
Ronald

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:29 am

I agree with suggestion to do the walk around the world. I just found an abandoned shack on one of the little islands.
Really worth finding, strange old letter with strange content.
sas

Return to III - Morrowind