Barenziah in Skyrim?

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:34 pm

I just read the Real Barenziah and it was a fantastic book. Anyone want to see her in Skyrim if she's still alive? Who knows what the Dunmer are up to now and how she might be involved?
Trevor Bostwick

Post » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:43 am

I just read the Real Barenziah and it was a fantastic book. Anyone want to see her in Skyrim if she's still alive? Who knows what the Dunmer are up to now and how she might be involved?

She IS still alive.
Nick Swan

Post » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:22 am

She IS still alive.

200 years.
josh evans

Post » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:09 am

She IS still alive.

Says?
Marcus Jordan

Post » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:01 am

you could see her in morrowind, but I'm going to guess she's dead, she was old back then, she's really really old now, soooooo I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Fiori Pra

Post » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:59 am

you could see her in morrowind, but I'm going to guess she's dead, she was old back then, she's really really old now, soooooo I wouldn't get my hopes up, she's probably dead.

She may have died in conflict, but as a Dunmer, she could live that long. She was already about 400 or so years old and I don't think she looks that old in Morrowind.
Ellie English

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:20 pm

you could see her in morrowind, but I'm going to guess she's dead, she was old back then, she's really really old now, soooooo I wouldn't get my hopes up.

At the time of Oblivion she was 436 years old, a lucky Dunmer can get like 200 years old, Skyrim takes place 200 years later. So yeah.
And last time I checked she wasn't a very powerful mage like Divayth Fyr.
Bones47

Post » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:23 am

@Dragonbone Of course she doesn't look old, dunmer age very gracefully, just look at divayth fyr, he's the oldest lliving dunmer and looks how a 65 year old human looks. But she probably was killed in a conflict, dunmer have tons of enemies.
Myles

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:48 pm

She wasn't actually stationed that far from the skyrim border was she? we know a small number of dunmer fled to skyrim at some point after all that chaos, she may have as well, of course I don't think anyone would think ill of her for not surviving.
teeny

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:13 pm

There is a group on Facebook, run by A man Called Bill Oddie, some of you may have heard of him. Anyway, he's studied Lore since 1996, and he is heart set on thinking that She is alive. When I asked him about it, he said

"Read lore, understand it, embrace it, then the truth will be known"

He also knowns a couple of the Beth dev team.
Nick Jase Mason

Post » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:16 am

At the time of Oblivion she was 436 years old, a lucky Dunmer can get like 200 years old, Skyrim takes place 200 years later. So yeah.
And last time I checked she wasn't a very powerful mage like Divayth Fyr.

Dunmer can grow to a thousand but are often killed earlier.

"Katisha's face briefly wore the envious, wistful look humans got when contemplating the thousand-year lifespan Elves had been granted by the gods. True, few ever actually lived that long as disease and violence took their respective tolls. But they could. And one or two of them actually did."
Jade

Post » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:37 am

Dunmer can grow to a thousand but are often killed earlier.

"Katisha's face briefly wore the envious, wistful look humans got when contemplating the thousand-year lifespan Elves had been granted by the gods. True, few ever actually lived that long as disease and violence took their respective tolls. But they could. And one or two of them actually did."

Barenziah was about 200-some years at the time of Tribunal. I can see her be 400 some odd years old in Skyrim :mellow:
Jordyn Youngman

Post » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:33 am

I may be a noob for asking but i never played morrowind and i cant play it now because i played oblivion first but
who is Barenziah? Ty.
Tai Scott

Post » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:45 am

Barenziah is a survivor.
I have no doubt she still lives. Helseth however I dont know.
Id love to see her again.
Justin Hankins

Post » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:30 am

http://images.uesp.net//b/ba/TR-npc-Barenziah.jpg

She was well over 400 at the events of Tribunal. Dunmer don't typically live to be 600 unless they are powerful wizards. Hell, they typically don't even live to be 400. Barenziah was royalty and had some of the best care in Tamriel, which is why she lived as long as she did, she was not a powerful wizard. I don't see 600+ being a high probability. I'd say Barenziah is dead. She probably died early Fourth Era.
Katie Samuel

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:28 pm

She was well over 400 at the events of Tribunal. Dunmer don't typically live to be 600 unless they are powerful wizards. Hell, they typically don't even live to be 400. Barenziah was royalty and had some of the best care in Tamriel, which is why she lived as long as she did, she was not a powerful wizard. I don't see 600+ being a high probability. I'd say Barenziah is dead. She probably died early Fourth Era.

Dunmer can live to be a thousand, without magical aid such as the Telvanni necromancy.
Chris Guerin

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:57 pm

Don't the elves live longer because of the way they walk? Lol
Beulah Bell

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:16 pm

She was well over 400 at the events of Tribunal. Dunmer don't typically live to be 600 unless they are powerful wizards. Barenziah was royalty and had some of the best care in Tamriel, which is why she lived as long as she did. I don't see 600+ being a high probability. I'd say Barenziah is dead. She probably died early Fourth Era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZi0V6hdEcc&feature=related

:mellow: sorry I had to get that out of my system lol

I may be a noob for asking but i never played morrowind and i cant play it now because i played oblivion first but
who is Barenziah? Ty.

Barenziah has a lot of lore to her but http://www.imperial-library.info/content/daggerfall-real-barenziah (Becuase Morrowind and Oblivion censored the book becuase of a certain....meeting)

But to be on topic, she met Tiber Septim when she was VERY young, and the time of Tribunal (second expansion of Morrowind, where she made an appearance) was about 200 some odd years after Tiber Septims era, so she HAS to be around that ballpark. The rest should be self explanatory :foodndrink:

Oh and why is Oblivion stopping you from Morrowind?I was a Oblivion player 1st but I already completed Morrowind and LOVE it... :mellow:
Amy Cooper

Post » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:04 am

She looked ageing, not really that old. Like the Dunmer equivalent of 60. As for their age limits, I was going off what the author of the Real Barenziah (who is under Barenziah's employment, so I would imagine knows about these things) said, that elves could live to 1000 but didn't often because of disease or violence.
Erika Ellsworth

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:58 pm

Barenziah is a survivor.
I have no doubt she still lives. Helseth however I dont know.
Id love to see her again.

Yeah, every single dunmer hated king helseth.
Natalie Harvey

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:19 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZi0V6hdEcc&feature=related

:mellow: sorry I had to get that out of my system lol

Barenziah has a lot of lore to her but http://www.imperial-library.info/content/daggerfall-real-barenziah (Becuase Morrowind and Oblivion censored the book becuase of a certain....meeting)

But to be on topic, she met Tiber Septim when she was VERY young, and the time of Tribunal (second expansion of Morrowind, where she made an appearance) was about 200 some odd years after Tiber Septims era, so she HAS to be around that ballpark. The rest should be self explanatory :foodndrink:

Oh and why is Oblivion stopping you from Morrowind?I was a Oblivion player 1st but I already completed Morrowind and LOVE it... :mellow:

I don't know why but i just cant get my self to play it :( I wish i could but i cant D:<
Lindsay Dunn

Post » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:06 pm

I don't know why but i just cant get my self to play it :( I wish i could but i cant D:<

Dude, i really recommend playing Morrowind, you'll learn much of the lore, you'll know how life was in the province of Morrowind before the Oblivion crisis and the game's a blast to play. I also suggest that you use the Morrowind Overhaul(google it for more info) if you're going for it.
Tamara Dost

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:56 pm

Dude, i really recommend playing Morrowind, you'll learn much of the lore, you'll know how life was in the province of Morrowind before the Oblivion crisis and the game's a blast to play. I also suggest that you use the Morrowind Overhaul(google it for more info) if you're going for it.

And Oblivion kinda connects with the main story of Tribunal. You know when you have to find the Eno guy that is part of the "end of the times' cult and he talks about how he believes Oblivion gates will open and daedra will roam free across the lands of the empire. Sound familiar?

Here is what he says, from UESP:

" Eno's prophecies seem to directly describe the events of Oblivion. The relevant dialogue is shown below:

Our beliefs are very simple, dear friend. The blessed Tribunal, though once filled with glory, are no longer the gods they once were. As with the tides and Tamriel's moons, all cosmic powers will wax and wane. But, when gods die, it creates ripples throughout the lands. The passing of the Three will be a prelude to the end of this era, and the beginning of the next. The followers of the End of Times are making ourselves ready for this to happen.

We realize that the end of the era will bring many changes. We believe that the gates of Oblivion will open, and the multitude of daedra will roam this world freely. Some might tell you that this is a good thing, that we are descended from the daedra and it will be a return to the natural order of things. I know differently, though. The coming age will be a time of great horror.

The Daedra Princes are not our ancestors. Nor are they our allies. They will wash over the land, destroying all that man and mer have built over these thousands of years. The only protection from this scourge will be our true ancestors that have gone before us and watch over us even now. Many of our followers choose to participate in the Cleansing, to prepare the way for the rest of us. It is a sacrifice to be sure, but it is for the greater good.

It is a glorious ritual, friend %PCName. Our followers cleanse themselves of all of their troubles, all of their burdens here on this earth. They send themselves ahead to the ancestors, spreading our word, making ready for when we shall all join them in our fight against the daedric hordes."

And bare in mind this is in 2002-2003, a year before Oblivion as even announced.

I dont wanna get off topic soooo.....Do you think we will see her children fathered by Jager Tharn in Skyrim? :hubbahubba:

EDIT: ugh sorry for the grammer mistakes and typos :facepalm:
Je suis

Post » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:08 am

Yup, i believe Dunmer have a natural life span of around 900 - 1000 years, but because of the hostile place Tamriel is few make that mark. I know also that the Altmer have the longest life span of any Mer. Berenziah should be alive unless she's been killed.
Tiffany Holmes

Post » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:41 am

Hey thanks alot dude i have morrowin on my Pc right now i'll just download the overhaul mode and see how it works out ty for the tip the game looks epic with that mode
helliehexx

Next

Return to V - Skyrim