Battle for the D.C. Ruins

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:02 am

Battle for the D.C. Ruins

Since the fists steps the Brotherhood of Steel took on the soil of the Capital Wasteland, they have come up against many different enemies. Their fight to take control of the Pentagon, now renamed The Citadel, was not an easy one. Elder Lyon's, the current East Coast leader for the Brotherhood of Steel, has began to wonder what their new enemy, The Super Mutants are, and where they are coming from. Squads have been sent on special assignments, directly ordered by Elder Lyon's to discover what they can about the mutant horde. Specialized team's have been equiped with light weaponry such as Laser Rifles, Laser Pistols, and typical weapons used by Capital Wasteland settlers, so they are not bogged down if they need to escape quickly from the D.C. Ruins. Many squads have gone in, and return badly beaten or never return at all.

Some within the Brotherhood deem Elder Lyon's actions or as they call it, obsession, with the Super Mutant horde, out of line. Some think that Elder Lyon's obsession is only going to get more of them killed, and there is already a limited number of Knights and Paladins already. But Elder Lyon's trudges on, telling those who think opposing him, that the Super Mutant threat must be put down inside the D.C. Ruins first, and then they may return to what they were first ordered to do. This is all a ruse that Elder Lyon's has set up, trying to keep his Knights and Paladins in check, and so they won't desert him in his time of need. Elder Lyon's has began sending more and more Knights and Paladins into the D.C. Ruins, his main priority at the moment: Clear the D.C. Ruins of all Super Mutant threats, and begin to allow Capital Wasteland settlers repopulate the secure areas. It seem's like a good plan, but will it hold?

Battle lines have been drawn, specified buildings and area's of high importance have been deemed high priority for protecting, and capturing. Elder Lyon's has made orders for squads entering the D.C. Ruins to not return until their mission is met. Some squads have been out there for days, some almost two weeks. Though Elder Lyon's does not like having to send his soldiers into a meat grinder, it is essential that the Super Mutant's be cleared out of D.C. and allow Capital Wastelanders to repopulate.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Situation of things in the D.C. Ruins.

You are a Brotherhood of Steel Knight. Assigned to a squad who's mission is to take down any and all hostile Super Mutants, that stand in your way. Previous squads have gone in before you, and have returned with dented armor and broken bones, some even return, and later die. The D.C. Ruins have become a hell on earth, even more so than the wasteland that surrounds them. Little headway has been made, though in the Mall near the Washington Monument, Knights and Paladins have been creating a large trench network, digging bunkers, barracks, machinegun nests, and letrines. The Mall is a major hotspot for Mutant activity, almost every night, Super Mutant attacks happen. Though little is done in the way of damage, it is the phsycological aspect of it that gets to most who are stationed in those trenches.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Character Sheet

Name:
Apperance:(Typical things)
Equipment:(Food, Clothes etc.)
Weapons:(Laser Rifles etc. NO PLASMA WEAPONS)
Bio:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules

1. I'am GM, anything I say does and will happen.
2. The Outcast has not been formed yet. This game takes place before the Outcast was formed, and the Lone Wanderer came around, and also before Lyon's Pride came around. Sarah Lyon's is only about 15 during this time.
3. The rest should be just common sense, no BS obviously.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Character

Name: Frank Webster
Appearence: Short brown hair, clean shaven, Hazel eyes, 5' 10", 190lbs, muscular build from fighting in the Western United States, and a mediocre tan from the wasteland sun.
Equipment: Brotherhood of Steel MkII Power Armor w/ two black stripes on the shoulders to signify his command statis in the Squad. x3 Cram, x5 Dirty Water, x3 Insta-mash, Binoculars, D.C. Ruins map, Pencil, Compass.
Weapons: Laser Rifle, Laser Pistol, x4 Frag Grenades, Combat Knife
Bio: Like all Brotherhood of Steel soldiers, Frank was born into the Brotherhood. His father fought in many battles on the West Coast, and tought Frank how to fire a rifle and pistol when he was about six or seven years old. Frank took a liking to the fighting style of the Brotherhood, and decided to go from becoming a Scribe, to becoming a Initiate which he later became. Frank got his baptism of fire, near the settlement of New Reno. Several groups of Super Mutants had been causing trouble, and Frank and his squad of initiates and two Paladins ingaged the Mutants. The battle didn't last long, and only Frank, Paladin Davis, Paladin Williams, and two other initiates survived out of the seven that had gone into battle. It had cost them alot, but Frank was none the wiser, and grew from his experiences he had had over time. Later in his life, Frank was promoted to Knight, and was assigned his own little training squad, but was still supervised by a Paladin at all times during field missions.
After several ingagments with Raiders, Ghouls, Mutants, and other hostile Wastelanders, Frank joined up with Elder Lyon's and his Crusade to the East Coast. Towards the Capital Wasteland. Frank as a child loved the old stories of the Brotherhood, and their adventures around the west, and such. So when Frank joined Elder Lyon's, he had a feeling that he guessed most Knights and Paladins felt like in the stories. Frank was once again promoted, finally becoming a Paladin like his father while they were on their Crusade East.
Once they reached the Capital Wasteland, Frank was amazed at what it was like. He felt bad for the settlers, but had more in mind then to worry about them and their problems, which gradually became his as well. Frank isn't sure about Elder Lyon's decisions on how to deal with the Super Mutant hordes, but he isn't sure about what could be done opposite of fighting the Super Mutants. Frank figures that if they're mission is to find hi-tech technology, and the Super Mutants stand in their way of accomplishing that goal, then he will kill all the Super Mutants he can.
Ella Loapaga

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:58 pm

Hell yeah, am in.

Character Sheet

Name: Kyle Godfrey
Appearance:Scrawny 6'4 build, dark brown hair, slight limp in left leg
Equipment:Small pack with books, tools and some food. Black baseball cap. In combat he wears his power armor.
Weapons:7.52 Mosin Nagant with scope, M-16 found in the wastes, a few frag grenades.

Bio: Kyle had wandered through the wastes for almost 5 years with his girlfriend and their kid. One day just south of the DC area, they first encountered Super Mutants attacking a group of Wastelanders. Not wanting to get involved they took refuge in an old building. Soon after, accidental or intentional, a rocket slammed into the building and collapsed around them. he desperately searched for his "family" but he couldn't find them in the wreckage as he came under fire from the mutants. Seeking revenge he pulled out his antique Mosin Nagant and began to snipe the mutated freaks. After this he was almost about to kill himself, when he received the urge to travel north and finish these freaks off. After reaching the D.C area, he was able to join up with the brotherhood. This began his attempt for retribution, though one day he hoped he could find his family again......

Don't worry guys, I never play the bad ass invincible sniper wannabe
Nick Swan

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:28 pm

Alright Peter, your in. But remember to add a bio, it doesn't have to be as long as mine. Something short and sweet :)
WTW

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:56 pm

Yeah, haven't done this in awhile, I noticed before you posted and i was like :facepalm:
DarkGypsy

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:06 am

Its alright, its good to have at least one past Rp'er from the old days (Which was like a year or so?)
BRAD MONTGOMERY

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:40 am

Will sign up later, school now. Post reserved for sign up spot.
lydia nekongo

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:24 am

Name: Leroy Beckett

Appearance: Surprisingly skinny for a BOS. Though as he wears his armour nearly all of the time that's not surprising. Right side of face severely scarred from a mutant attack. Hair is light brown and is cut like a pre-war marine. Short back and sides

Equipment: Brotherhood armour, helmet. Basic survival kit.

Weapons: Laser rifle, modded to behave like a shotgun. Ripper

Bio: Born and raised in the Brotherhood, on the mission that promoted him to Knight, Leroy was attacked by mutants and damn-near half his face was blown off. Believes Lyons is a fool for not following the Western Brotherhood's orders. But will follow Lyons' orders himself, he's no hypocrite.
Connor Wing

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:20 pm

Can we use big guns?
Melung Chan

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:53 pm

Ok, I know its early in the morning for making characters. But I don't have work today so I'm free all day, at least until tomorrow :(

@Dan2277, you can but the D.C. Ruins are more ruined than in FO3 since they didn't look all that ruined so it would be a small hassle, but go ahead. Just remember no Plasma weapons. :)
des lynam

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:46 pm

OOC: [censored] man, its 5 o clock for me. Yeah I rememebr the good old times aka 2008 :)

Anyway we don't have to stick with F03 weapons right?
Josh Lozier

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:03 pm

Name: Ryan Hawk

Apperance: Long dark brown hair (not like girl length, I asume you know what I mean), Blue-Steel strong eyes, plae from spending too much time under his armor

Equipment: Brotherhood power armor and helmet, armor is reinforced plating inside so that it doesn't damage its looks, Frag mines, Frag grenades and a Vault 106 t-shirt that he found while out on patrol.

Weapons: Minigun, Laser Pistol

Bio: Nicknamed "Point" as he always is the first to go in and let his minigun named "Talon" shred any amount of Mutants, is an expert in ammunitions and has created a special type used in his gun specialy for mutants, they have an armor peircing ability that he added. He is friendly and well-mannered but jokes around a lot with his squad, can be harsh if he sees something being done wrong, but is very loyal and respectful to his superiors
Mike Plumley

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:07 pm

@Peter: Any weapon is available that is not Plasma. Realistic or Fallout is fine.

@Dan: You could have a Minigun, but remember the Brotherhood has just arrived in D.C. not long ago, and is struggling to get a foot in the door so to speak. Go ahead and have a Minigun if you'd like. :)
Minako

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:43 am

Name: Daniel Harris

Apperance: Tall 6'7 masculine, with short shaved brown hair.

Equipment: Brotherhood power armor with Brotherhood power helmet.

Weapons: Laser rifle and combat knife.

Bio: Daniel and his brother used to travel the wasteland together hunting what ever they pleased. They were both nomads just living off the land they didn't have a care i the world except for each other. One day they heard through the local wastelanders that there was a big stash of weapons and ammo in the Museum of Technology they were anxious to grab it as they were running low. As they reached the area of the mall they were ambushed by Super mutants. Daniel was being taken away by one of the mutants when his brother jumped on the mutant stabbing it the other mutants saw this and grabbed the brother dragging him off. Daniel tried to chase him but the mutants were too strong and knocked him unconscious. Daniel later awoke in the citadel where he found that a passing brotherhood squad saw him get knocked out, they killed the mutants and took him back but his brother was no where to be seen. Daniel joined the brotherhood in the hope of finding his brother.
Nathan Barker

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:15 am

Alright Aussie, your in as well. Is no one else going to be a BOS Knight from the West Coast with me :( Also, I've gotten a phone call from work, and I've got to fly back to the US in a couple of days so I'll be on US time. Since Rock Climbing season is over in Australia, the US is booming with it.
Liv Staff

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:45 am

Thanks and is your work rock climbing???? That [censored] awesome!.
Samantha hulme

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:18 am

OOC: ((I'm down. Been really busy so the RPs I were in kinda passed me by :/. Now I got some free time, though.))

Name: Layne Deckard

Appearance: 6'1 with blond hair, tan skin and sea green eyes. Muscular and a few scars across his back and chest.

Equipment: Issued Brotherhood of Steel armor, re-made from older equipment due to him only being an initiate.

Weapons: M16A4 (3 clips/30 rounds each) .45 Heckler & Koch USP (2 clips/15 rounds each), 2 Stimpacks, 2 Instamash, 2 Med-X

Bio: Seemingly bred for one purpose and one purpose only, Layne was trained to be Brotherhood material since birth by his over-zealous father and caring mother. Unlike most he'd had the benefit of having his parents around to teach him these things till the age of 13, when his father sent him on a journey across the wastes as a sort of initiation into manhood. Because of this he has great cartographic knowledge of the D.C. Wasteland area along with a fair amount of knowledge on the local wildlife and raider activity. He only recently encountered a squad of BoS soldiers, who after a series of trials found him worthy of joining.
Alyce Argabright

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:58 pm

Name: Richard Caleb

Apperance: 6'1", with brown skin, brown eyes, a lean but muscular build, and short black, curly hair with a slight mustache

Equipment: Brotherhood Power Armor and Helmet (only wears the latter in combat), 1x Cram, 2x Stimpacks, 2x Dirty Water, 2x Rad-X, 1x Radaway, Compass, Ruins Map, Pack(to hold all his non-weapon based equipment)

Weapons: Laser Rifle, 10 mm pistol, 5x Frag Grenades, Super Sledge, and Combat Shotgun (for close encounters)

Bio: Richard was born in the Capital Wastleland and became a member of the Brotherhood of Steel after Elder Lyons started siphoning recuits from the local population to supplement Brotherhood soldiers killed fighting Super Mutants in the D.C Ruins. He started out as an Initiate and rose to Knight after saving the squad he was assigned to from a Super Mutant ambush. Richard is a competent soldiers who relishes helping others and hopes the efforts of the BoS will make the D.C. Ruins a safer place for settlers, though he doesn't see it happening anytime soon.
steve brewin

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:48 am

OOC: He never said Laser Rifles are the only choice, he just doesn't want anyone having "uber weapons". So no fatmen, tesla cannon, etc
Budgie

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:52 am

Name: Chase Comara

Appearance: Chase has light blonde hair, blue eyes, is of medium stature and weight, and is well tanned. He's relatively new to the front line, and as such has no scars or damage to speak of. He's also quite strong, but doesn't appear to have much in the way of muscles. He usually has an easy smirk on his face.

Equipment: Standard Brotherhood Power Armor. Three frag grenades and a survival kit with water, food, and various medical supplies.

Weapons: He carries a laser rifle, a Beretta 92FS sidearm, and a trench knife that looks http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4190%2BzQNaIL._SL500_AA280_.jpg.

Bio: Chase lived a comfy life in California with the Brotherhood there, having been raised into it by both his parents, who were Scribes. Needless to say, they were a bit disappointed when he decided to go the path of the Knight instead, but they were more disappointed when he was shipped of to the East Coast. Since then, Chase hasn't done all that much but sit in the Pentagon on defense, sending messages to his parents and brother every once in a while.

Chase doesn't have all that much of an opinion on the Wasteland. He couldn't care less about it's people or their hardships, or the super mutants. He's more interested in technology, following at least somewhat in his parents footsteps. He sees the super mutants as a threat, certainly, but not one they need to be wasting all of their resources on. He's confident that there are hidden caches of technology scattered all across the wastes, and would very much like to find them. However, being the loyal soldier he is, he would never say any of this. Only silently think, and wonder about Elder Lyons.

OOC: I hope this is fine. I think this may be my last attempt at rping in the Fallout section for a while. Seeing how all the other ones I've been in recently haven't gone so well. :Sighs: I miss Nilloc. I bet if him and Dr. Strangelove and some of the others were still here that there wouldn't be any problems with keeping rps going, yet sadly they've gone for good. Or at least I'm pretty sure of it.
Amanda savory

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:33 am

Thanks and is your work rock climbing???? That [censored] awesome!.

@Aussie: Yeah, I sell all the essentials needed to rock climb: Ropes, Harnesses, helmets (Sometimes), dust bags as I call them etc.

@ThatOneNwah: You can have whatever you like, but just no Plasma weapons as I've already said. Like Peter has a old russian Mosin.
Beth Belcher

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:36 pm

OOC: ((Is it cool if I start as an initiate? I find it builds a background if my character is forced to rise through the ranks from the bottom. Can change to Knight if necessary though.))
D LOpez

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:05 am

Sure, I'll give it a go. Haven't done /forum/ RP in /ages/. But I'll give it a shot.

Name: Charlette Ketrian
Appearance: Brunette, chin-length hair, blue-green eyes. Angular features, fit, lean build. Six foot even, slightly tan. Usually wears Army surplus when not in her armour.
Equipment: Basic survival kit which includes three (3) flares, a compass, five (5) stimpaks, one (1) dose of Rad-Away, (2) doses of RAD-X, e-tool (a collapsible shovel used to dig small holes/saw/pinch weapon), and flashlight. A small set of wires for snares and general trapmaking, depending on complexity. A small holotape reader for data retrieval.
Weapons: Combat Knife, Colt Python (a .357 Magnum revolver, chosen by Ketrian for its incredible simplicity in operation and overall reliability), and a vintage AKM. Thirty-six (36) rounds for the Python, five (5) magazines for the AKM (150 rounds total).
Bio: A young Initiate when the Brotherhood reached the Capital Wasteland, Ketrian has always held more interest in the military origins of the Brotherhood than its current knightly incarnation. While she is a firm follower of Steel, she carries herself with no pretense of heroism. She is a soldier, and she came here to complete her mission. In combat, she carries herself professionally, and while holding the capacity to lead, has no desire to do so. She is infantry, plain and simple, loyal to the end. She has an interest in subtler means of sweeping and clearing, but understands both the presentation of the Brotherhood and the bulky, noisy powered armour does not allow the use of shadow tactics. She also holds a hobby in guerilla warfare, and while currently unused to the rocky, uneven terrain of the Capital Wasteland when compared to the western desert she grew up in, she knows how to set traps. Her interest in military tactics has led to her filing multiple requests to camouflage her armour, which has so far been denied.
Nuno Castro

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:22 am

Sorry everyone. My computer just took a total dump, and I had to reboot. Anyway, everyone who has posted a character is in. And yes you may start as an Initiate. But you won't be rising to Knight after the first or even third battle. Maybe fourth if its a big one?

Anyway, just to restate: Everyone who has posted is in.
Mark Churchman

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:32 am

Good deal. This RP should work out well considering BoS ones almost always do.
neil slattery

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:18 am

Amusingly enough, though it's not part of the plot (since this is pre-Schism), but Ketrian probably went with the Outcasts during that break-up. Loyal to the cause, not the leader, it seems.

Oh, quick question. Do I need to edit my post to put Brotherhood armour in my equipment? Assuming she's a knight, it seemed a no-brainer she'd have the T-45d suit as well.
Chrissie Pillinger

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion