BEST GRAPHICS

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:39 pm

Ok guys i have been watching every skyrim video and i must say that it is like watching a movie can't wait for it. So i just thought it would be a good idea on congratulating bethesda on another job well done. they might as well win GOTY right now you know they will am i right? anyway this game is just like real life i mean just look at it. they made it so dynamic putting everything on a seprate system so they flow independently. share your thoughts do you agree or no?
Heather Kush

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:39 pm

it does look good despite what other people say about the water and hair, and it will look even better on PC (not trying to start a war here)
FLYBOYLEAK

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:20 am

could be better? idk we will have to see for ourselves. high res screenshots always make me think the graphics are better than they actually are.
I love YOu

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:21 am

We're still far from real life. I won't be surprised at all if some years from now people will be complaining that they find Skyrim completely unplayable because of its crappy old graphics.
Sunnii Bebiieh

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:41 pm

They're good, but not amazing. The Witcher 2 looks far better.
Vivien

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:58 am

It's an improvement over Oblivion but still look pretty bad in my opinion. Luckily I don't care about graphics. :D
Erin S

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:12 am

Put your glasses on and try to enjoy the game anyway. B)
Mashystar

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:00 am

Yah, we are a long ways away from achieving graphics that look like real life.

There are a couple games out there that look better. Red Dead Redemption for one, Crysis, LA Noire. But those are all more optimized for graphics. Skyrim has its focuses elsewhere.
courtnay

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:02 am

I agree. A lot of other modern games other than The Witcher 2 look far better as well.

In my eyes, the graphics are pretty decent / OK. But they're not amazing. Not stunning or incredible. They don't give me a "WOW!" feeling. They give me (generally) more a "Meh." feeling. Some screenshots/scenes also look pretty much the same as my Oblivion does, and that is definitely not impressive today.

There are a lot of other things Bethesda has to focus on though and I respect that. Skyrim is a unique game due to its amount of detail and content...
I still wish and hope that the graphics would have been a bit better. Say... 15-20% better, if that even can be measured :P
I wish and hope for that to come true before 11/11/11.
tannis

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:36 am

Graphics dont bug me so I couldnt care what there like, some people said Oblivion - Morrowind graphic where bad for me I thought they where great and I enjoyed the game a best as possible, and still do.
Sun of Sammy

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:22 am

It's an improvement over Oblivion but still look pretty bad in my opinion. Luckily I don't care about graphics. :D

hell of an improvement over oblivion but this year Cryengine 3 won for me in graphics
Pixie

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:17 pm

I remember back in the day when graphic didnt exisit, even thought I'm not very old but still. They where good times with those games, the old duck hunting....
W E I R D

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:41 am

Ok guys i have been watching every skyrim video and i must say that it is like watching a movie can't wait for it. So i just thought it would be a good idea on congratulating bethesda on another job well done. they might as well win GOTY right now you know they will am i right? anyway this game is just like real life i mean just look at it. they made it so dynamic putting everything on a seprate system so they flow independently. share your thoughts do you agree or no?

I am a console player more now a days, and while I love playing more on the 360, PC will always look better if you have the hardware. There is no starting a console war, you are just stating the truth.

From what I see Skyrim will not win for best graphics, and I think that is great. It means instead of like Oblivon wherer they tried to be the best and did set the standard for a short period of time, game play did suffer because of it, at least now they are focusing on game play more with great graphics not best graphics.

As for Skyrim winning GotY? I say I don't know. They could but then again, they may not if as the OP is going by is Graphics only. You want to talk about GotY you HAVE to talk besides Graphics otherwise if going by graphics Skyrim will be left in the dust. So for me Gamply>Graphics.

I think the graphics are great, excellent even for teh 360 but to win GotY on graphics alone, I have to say no.
Nichola Haynes

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:13 am

Graphics are probably going to be okay to good. Better than Oblviion obviously, but I doubt they will be mind blowing. The art style, however, will surely be amazing. I'm quite impressed with a lot of the rugged looking terrain and buildings I've seen so far.
Stephanie Valentine

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:31 pm

Linear multi-path game vs. Open World game. Anyway, Witcher 2's animations look like crap compared to Skyrim's.
Tom

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:33 am

anyway this game is just like real life i mean just look at it.

This is something that I could never comprehend and yet somehow feel missing out because of it. I mean, sure it looks plenty good, but like real life???? Do my eyes work differently to others? (Even Cryengine 3 doesn't look like real life to me).
Rudi Carter

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:20 am

hell of an improvement over oblivion but this year Cryengine 3 won for me in graphics

Of course it's an improvement over Oblivion... I mean, it has gone 5 years. What do would we expect? :P
Don't forget about FO3 in between that as well.

Question is, where does it stand in terms of graphics (AND THAT ONLY!) compared to other games today? Standards are different now than they were 5 years ago. What we said was "cutting-edge" graphics 5 years ago is not the same as today.
It's a tough question and it pretty much depends on the person you ask.

Linear multi-path game vs. Open World game. Anyway, Witcher 2's animations look like crap compared to Skyrim's.

No offense man, but you we're not comparing the games in whole. The guy was just comparing the games' graphics. You can't compare a game in whole literally, because no games are exactly the same. You can continue to mention differences between games and everything, but that's not really what's in question here and you're never going to get much out of it discussion-wise.
Erich Lendermon

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:09 pm

No offense man, but you we're not comparing the games in whole. The guy was just comparing the games' graphics. You can't compare a game in whole literally, because no games are exactly the same. You can continue to mention differences between games and everything, but that's not really what's in question here and you're never going to get much out of it discussion-wise.

There are a lot more things to worry about when working on an open-world game, and that's going to take a toll on the graphics in the end. So yes, you can get lots out of it discussion-wise.
Sandeep Khatkar

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:18 am

We're still far from real life. I won't be surprised at all if some years from now people will be complaining that they find Skyrim completely unplayable because of its crappy old graphics.

Yeah, I hear people complaining about Oblivion's graphics too but when the first screenshots and the E3 demo were released everyone was drooling over it.
Kirsty Collins

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:08 pm

Graphics dont bug me so I couldnt care what there like, some people said Oblivion - Morrowind graphic where bad for me I thought they where great and I enjoyed the game a best as possible, and still do.

I will not try to start a war, but I just want to say there were times in Morrowind (un-modded) that the graphics were more natural and "cool" feeling than Oblivion (un-modded). As a matter of fact, Morrowind's vanilla water looks way more natural and has that feel you get like you want to jump in than Oblivion's "thick-looking" vanilla water

Yeah, I hear people complaining about Oblivion's graphics too but when the first screenshots and the E3 demo were released everyone was drooling over it.

I know right? http://spawnkill.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/oblivion-screen.jpg, and tell me the mindset of most Morrowind players (and 1st time TES players since Oblivion attracted the largest audience of new people. I've known people that did not know that oblivion was the 4th installment, not even noticing "The Elder Scrolls IV" :lmao:). And yet...well I should stop there :poke:
Alisia Lisha

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:17 am

At the time Oblivion's graphics were... not quite a benchmark, but I don't think most people had seen an open world game like that before. It was, basically, amazing when seen in action. That kinda tech just hadn't been seen before.

I do think the world has moved on in the last few years. Games like GTA, Mafia 2, Just Cause 2 etc etc - people just expect (and demand) to make six wee in their pants with every new game from a 90 second trailer. Here's a radical idea: is the game any good? Maybe it looks better with more than 90 seconds of play?
Svenja Hedrich

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:03 pm

From what I see Skyrim will not win for best graphics, and I think that is great. It means instead of like Oblivon wherer they tried to be the best and did set the standard for a short period of time, game play did suffer because of it, at least now they are focusing on game play more with great graphics not best graphics.

I would disagree with that. Most of the areas where Oblivion's gameplay suffered, I think, can be traced back to poor design decisions that had nothing to do with graphics.
Angel Torres

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:05 am

Well, not sure if it counts as an open-world game, but S.T.AL.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl with Complete 2009 and the graphics settings cranked up looks amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a better looking game.
adam holden

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:42 pm

I think Skyrim's engine is far better then The Witcher 2 and visually looks better even as well.

Skyrim & Witcher 2 are two completely different games under only the category of RPG, again I say two completely & utterly different games.
Mariana

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:13 pm

lol first "Great Poll" and now "Best Graphics". That is Hype with a capital H. The game will be excellent yes.. Best graphics? Maybe best for an Elder Scrolls game sure. I agree that the graphics are nice but we should save our enthusiasm for when the game is actually released.
Marilú

Next

Return to V - Skyrim