Best kids to adopt!

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:37 pm

I generally despise the children of Skyrim, I have since day 1: *Flashback*

*Walking into Whiterun for the first time thinking I look so cool with nordic style armor, just survived execution, a mufukin' dragon attack, killed a hand full of people, slayed a bear... wolves... "Yeaaahhhhh don't [censored] with me" :gun: Only to have a little ugly squirt run up to me... ME! and say "What are you looking at? I'm not afraid of you, ya know, even if you are my elder!" ... :glare: [censored] I'm the next dragon slayer!...So I shrug that off and walk up the stairs to Dragonsreach "Another wanderer here to lick my fathers boots, goodjob." [censored] your fathers going to bow down and lick the blood off my steel plate boots!*

Well the same holds true for most run in with the children of Skyrim throughout my adventures. Except recently after purchasing Hearthfire I figured I would try the fatherly roll with a wife (Lydia) on my play through as a Paladin (Hvy Armor, Resto. offhand, 1h main) who just recently started to settle down and build his own house but then heard of recent vampire attacks and decided to join the Dawnguard in an attempt to help the cause with his previous war skills squashing out the rebellion as a Imperial legatte.

I'm not a RP fanatic, but I do enjoy a good back story and RP to some extent, so I decided If I'm picking kids, they have to be tolerable. Turns out I couldn't have found a better match for me and Lydia then the twins Britte and Sissel of Rorikstead... And their history adds to the story if you RP. They have what many believe to be an abusive father who lost his wife during labor for the twins and he complains about them all day and goes and drinks at night and complains more. Apparently Britte is looking to learn magic from the Rorik's steward so she won't be afraid and willing to fight back. (ofcourse though they aren't orphans so you have to "Help" them out, catch my drift? :wink:". After killing the father to save the twins, the guard runs up and I'm just like, I'm the thane of Whiterun... and He's all like.. "oo well, umm, sorry. umm ill let you go (Kiss ass)" and me all like "YEAHH YOU BETTER KEEP WALKIN!"

Both well behaved and very gracious, some sibling rivalry but not enough to hate eachother. Definitely a interesting group considering they are related instead of picking some random orphanage children that are brats.
Kat Lehmann

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:10 pm

I want Braith, Balgruffs kid and the one who when I walk in to a inn wearing Daedric with a Dragon mask Konahrik with a Dremora and Dead Thrall followed by a Battle Troll and a Mage wearing badass Dawnguard armour who can shoot lightening from his hands. Then me with Icy Spear and the conjuration spell that when you go up to people with it the tell you to go away because it looks so dangerous. He just said, 'I thought adventurers were supposed to be tough' Really? He does not know what enemy he has just made. Those three need to go to Honourhall. But up in winterhold on an iceberg with a Ghost grelod in charge.
Carlitos Avila

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:05 pm

they should do one of those "for ten cents a day, you can feed a starving Skyrim child" commercials
Esther Fernandez

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:49 pm

Not gonna happen. Skyrim's child welfare system is dismal. Consider:

* Whiterun - There's a 9 year old kid begging for Septims at the foot of the jarl's palace. Nothing is done, either to care for her or to punish the greedy relatives who threw her out, even though the jarl is a father himself.
* Dawnstar - A young boy loses his dad to disease and winds up orphaned and homeless and having to scratch out a living in a mine. No one even discusses sending him to the orphanage.
* Riften - That foul hag Grelod abuses the children relentlessly. Everyone knows about it. She is not dismissed from her post (no option to do so exists, you kill her or leave the kids to their fate). And her replacement doesn't even address the issue of the murder when you try to adopt one of her charges.
* Windhelm (Winner) - Three things here...
1. A 10-yr. old kid loses his mom. What do you do? Leave him alone in his family home for a week, of course. With a note that he may or may not be able to read, announcing that he's leaving for the orphanage at the end of that time.
2. Said kid runs away from the orphanage, returns home, starts doing twisted ritual. Everyone knows he's there, but no one does anything about it.
3. Another child is orphaned, winds up selling flowers on street. No one in Windhelm seems to care, even though her father died fighting for the Stormcloaks.
Music Show

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:42 am

3. Another child is orphaned, winds up selling flowers on street. No one in Windhelm seems to care, even though her father died fighting for the Stormcloaks.

Depends are you for the stormcloaks or the imperials?
if stormcloaks then your completely right.
if imperial then i would think even more she's left there.
yup sad world ain't it kid
priscillaaa

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:16 am

Really, it matters not.
If Ulfric is still jarl (or high king), he owes a duty to the orphan of one of his soldiers.
And if Bryn Free-winter is in command, he's sworn to aid the residents of the Gray Quarter, which Sofie is.
x_JeNnY_x

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:05 am

aretino
Jason White

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:00 am

To be totally honest, I dislike all children in Skyrim. They are all pains in the [censored] and I won't adopt any at all, save one for the achievement, which will suffer from a reload and get sent back to the orphanage/streets. I feel for their stories, I just find them as NPC's so [censored] annoying.
trisha punch

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:08 pm

also any child who's parents the dragonborn murdered infront of are great adoptee's
Adrian Powers

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:09 pm

aretino

I tried...

I'm very happy with Sophie and Lucia. Though that means that Lakeview manor is a total estrogen palace. Daughters, wife, steward, even Serana my travelling companion...

also any child who's parents the dragonborn murdered infront of are great adoptee's

But maybe no daggers or wooden swords as presents for those kids...and if they give you brothers of darkness, perhaps start keeping a watchful eye out.
Jessie

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:06 pm

TES is not a family friendly world. It is a terrible world for most people, and is the equivilant of living during The Dark Ages of Europe. There are hardly any schools, Did you see any schools, besides specialized ones for mages and bards ect? The little kid's who are the victims of war and strife and general bad luck are the ones who grow up to be the next keeper of the dark brotherhood, or the loud drunken warrior at the bar who wants to fight everyone. These hard lives are what makes the people of the world you find on your adventures. The dead guy you found in a cave clutching a note about how he thought there would be gold here to pay for a band of mercenaries to take revenge on his enemies. I'm sure he had a comfortable life in a good home, and was well educated as a child.. No.. He was probably orphaned by constant war and grew up in the streets becoming as hard as the world around him before he got caught up with other violent people and went off to that cave seeking fortune only to end up dead.

This isn't the real world were we have an accountable social system (for the most part). Life is tough in TES, especially in Skyrim. Sure people walk by and wish they could help, but they are barely feeding themselves, and the rich have rich concerns while rich kids are still spoiled brats (aka whiterun).

That poor kid in Winterhold is the one who really needs a good home before he becomes the next mass murderer for the dark brotherhood.

I just want to marry Aela, get 5 or 6 kids and turn them into werewolves and let them run around in the yard, chasing down deer in the valley, what a wonderful life that would be. (ps I'm a werewolf too!)

Who wants to attack a house full of werewolves? besides the silver hand....
Erin S

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:31 pm

I picked Samuel and then Runa, somewhat roleplaying the idea that Samuel is Runa's older brother. Seeing as they were both in the orphanage together it felt like a good fit.
Hussnein Amin

Return to V - Skyrim