Best place to repair armor/weapons?

Post » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:49 am

Where's the cheapest place to repair my things?

Or how do I go about doing it myself?
Cathrine Jack

Post » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:55 pm

I forget what the exact number is but get high repair and youll eventully unlock a perk called jury rigging which lets you repair armor and weapons with other armor and weapons that are simmular to eachother. Heres an example - Say you have the 50 cal and you need to repair it, you then can repair the 50 Cal. with the hunting rifle. Its a very invaluable perk IMO. Otherwise there is a palidin in the Brotherhood of Steel safehouse that can repair everything and everything, but its expensive as fuq.
Darren Chandler

Post » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:14 pm

There's no "cheap" place to do it. Repairs are expensive which is why you'll want to put some serious points in your Repair skill no matter what type of character you want to make. You can repair items yourself so long as you have another of the same item to use for parts. The amount of condition the item gets repaired is based on how high your repair skill is. You can also find (very rarely) or make Weapon Repair kits. You can't make them until your Repair skill is 50 if I remember correctly. They repair whatever weapon you have equipped to a degree based on your Repair skill. There is no Armor repair kit so to repair your armor you have to find more like it. There is a fantastic Perk called Jury Rigging (requires 80 or 90 repair, I forget) which allows you to repair weapons and armor from items that are only remotely like them. It's very useful. Another useful Perk tied to your repair skill is Hand Loader which allows you to make special, and quite useful, ammunition at reloading tables.
CArla HOlbert

Post » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:12 pm

Pip-boy.

Find same/similar items then hit the repair button.
Miss K

Post » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:41 am

Thanks guys, ill check it out
Kate Schofield

Post » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:47 pm

Repairs are extremely expensive on late game items and weaponry. A good vendor to do it at (100 skill) is at the Mojave Outpost at the south west part of the map (accessible map that is).

@ Phallout_Phan, even with Jury Rigging you can only repair Anti-Materiel Rifles with other Anti-Materiel Rifles. You cant even repair it with Sniper Rifles.
suzan

Post » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:01 pm

You get Jury Rigging when your a certain level, and your Repair skill is 90.
C.L.U.T.C.H

Post » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:49 pm

this is only on PC you can just type in console , player.srm hit enter. and you can repair things yourself you still have to pay for it but you pay yourself . You just need to have the caps to pay yourself to fix it .
naome duncan

Post » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:43 pm

Moajve outpost. Even though it is expensive, it is a friendly place from the get go where you can get anything repaird to 100% condition. Having a good repair skill yourself is good, and find some weapon repair kits too. At the top of my head, there is one in victors shack near the schoolhouse in Goodsprings
Riky Carrasco

Post » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:49 am

The jury rigging perk is invaluable. Getting Raul as a follower helps your stuff decay at a much slower rate. Weapon repair kits fix whatever weapon you have equipped about 25% with 95 repair skill and are very easy to make. I have no less than 20 weapon repair kits on EDE right now. The garage area south of Novac is a good place to make them as the parts are all around to make a few of them. You get a minor karma hit for stealing the items so take that into consideration.
cutiecute

Return to Fallout: New Vegas