Best Wings For Houses and Why

Post » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:30 am

i personally would maybe go armory, storage room, and greenhouse.
Quick draw II

Post » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:55 am

It all depends on what you want. For instance, I built all 3 Hearthfire homes with different lay-outs. My main house's lay-out is armory, greenhouse, and trophy room.
Carlitos Avila

Post » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:41 pm

I personally like to have the Armory for armor stands obviously, the trophy room for bragging rights, and the Enchanter's tower because again you get another armor mannequin.
CSar L

Post » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:04 am

It all depends on what you want. For instance, I built all 3 Hearthfire homes with different lay-outs. My main house's lay-out is armory, greenhouse, and trophy room.
yeah im doing my main house first.Trying to make it like an all-purpose house if thats possible.
Marguerite Dabrin

Post » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:26 pm

yeah im doing my main house first.Trying to make it like an all-purpose house if thats possible.
All purpose for you, or for a family?
Quick Draw III

Post » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:08 am

This should go into the Hearthfire general discussion also I usually go with Library, alchemist tower and greenhouse.
MĂ©lida Brunet

Post » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:05 pm

This should go into the Hearthfire general discussion also I usually go with Library, alchemist tower and greenhouse.
It should. Hopefully a mod sees this and moves it.
Sabrina Steige

Post » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:35 am

All purpose for you, or for a family?
for me.I will have a family though but, the bedroom wing is weird if you adopt kids imo.
x_JeNnY_x

Post » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:20 pm

I go with this guide,

http://www.rarityguide.com/articles/articles/3377/1/Skyrim-Hearthfire-House-Building-Tutorial-Adding-Wings-to-your-Home/Page1.html
Isabel Ruiz

Post » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:09 am

I'd go with kitchen, trophy, and bedrooms. I like how the greenhouse looks, but the constant bee-buzzing amkes me want to rip out my hair. I've shot two full buckets of bees down hoping to get them to stop spawning, but to no avail, so I'll just have to deal with it I guess.
Stace

Post » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:33 am

I came at it from an RP standpoint. I am a wealthy uber-thane with a large family and household. I picked my main house to be the one in Dawnstar for its central location ad closeness to Whiterun and of course Dawnstar. I have the Greenhouse/Storage/Kitchen model.

Greenhouse for the farm aspect of my RP-styled manor and to aid in my alchemic pursuits.

Storage for the fact that when you live outside a city in that kind of world/time, it is important to have reliable and plentiful storage.

And the kitchen for again the RP style I play. A pot over a fire will not feed a spouse, two children, a steward, a bard, a housecarl, and a carriage driver.
XPidgex Jefferson

Post » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:17 pm

I've been trying to put together the best house set-ups. I want to use all the wings. For Lakeview, I went with the armory, storage room, and enchanter's tower. I was going to use the trophy room instead of the storage room, but the storage room gives you a nice balcony overlooking the lake, so I went with that. Winstad will have the greenhouse, alchemy tower, and the library. Since it has the fish hatchery, it seems like a good place for alchemy. Heljarchen will have the trophy room, kitchen, and bedrooms. It is where the family will go. You can build a mill there, so it seems like the best spot for the kitchen.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick with that.
Emma Louise Adams

Post » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:41 am

Bedroom - It expands one's room instead of living in the dining room like a fool!
Alchemy or Storage Tower - There's already an enchanter on the upper floor.
Kitchen - One of the new unique things about Hearthfire is the new cooking mechanic. Why miss out?
MarilĂș

Post » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:50 pm

Library, Trophy Room, Enchanters' Tower hands down!

These three are the obvious (IMO) choice for a pure mage.
Crystal Clear

Post » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:50 pm

Armoury, trophy room, it's a bit of a wash between bedroom and greenhouse but went bedroom. I also have a mod that puts a kitchen in the back of lake view.
lillian luna

Post » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:32 am

for me.I will have a family though but, the bedroom wing is weird if you adopt kids imo.
Yeah, the only reason you would want a bedroom wing is if you want your housecarl/steward, bard and carriage driver to have beds.
Queen

Post » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:14 am

i say greenhouse cuz you have choice over what to plant and how much and know exactly where to go to find it and harvest it just like with gardens outside. i say trophy room because i love being able to exhibit memorabelia and stuffed models of my kills...i only wish the shelves and display cases acted like wall plaques and allowed me to activate them to place stuff on/in them correctly rather than fumbling with the telekenesis spell or click and drag and not gettin it in there right. i say armory because i like displaying certain armors like they are trophies and have lots of places to stow smithin mAterials and blank armors for enchanting. i think the enchanters alcove is mainly useless since there is already an enchanter available to be added to the main hall. the library would only be truly useful and aweinspiring if it was huge enough to contain shelves enough for placing all the books in the game.
trisha punch

Post » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:55 am

For my family in lake view I used
(1) bedroom - beds for the kids and allowed the servants / housecarls to use the upstairs beds. Bedroom also has the deck on the roof where you can look over the lake and drink mead.
(2) Kitchen - For cooking.
(3) Alchemy tower - I like my houses to have at least one tower so my archer can shoot at any enemies from up there.

In my second house I used the greenhouse which is great for planting and harvesting ingredients for my alchemist.
Nomee

Return to V - Skyrim