Bethesda's other two projects.

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:46 pm

I was thinking about how Todd said that they have two more projects before TES6. Someone asked Pete what defines a project, to which he named off past projects.

What if he was playing with us by telling us what the actual projects are? What if they are working on updating some past games and porting them to modern consoles?
Isabell Hoffmann

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:25 pm

Like Fallout3 and Oblivion? I had these thoughts, but I was really getting excited that Beth maybe doing something brand new!
lilmissparty

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:44 pm

An oblivion remaster would be nice, can't play mine any more due to my lack of a CD drive.

Emmi Coolahan

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:23 pm

CD drives are fairly cheap. Why not get one?
Makenna Nomad

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:19 pm

It could be that Bethesda Game Studios is gonna release for sale Starfield in 2018.

It could be The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion remastered and Fallout 3 remastered. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind remastered will never happen.

It could be other new Intellectual Properties (IP's) of video games other than just Starfield.

Those are my three guesses.

BaNK.RoLL

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:19 pm

What do you Suppose Starfield is Bal?
Taylor Thompson

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:50 pm

I think it's like some type of space video game, not a space simulator per say like Star Citizen, but something like Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, but a RPG video game with the style and way Bethesfa Game Studios develops their video games.

A space RPG video game where you can create fully customizable female Player Characters (PC's), male Player Characters (PC's), and not just human species, but also alien species. Like the Mass Effect video games.

I also think they will give us the ability to explore planets all houses, shops, caves, etc and the ability to pick up every single items in front of our Player Characters (PC's) face.

As well as being able to get into spacecraft to fly into space to go land on other planets, moons of planets, and asteroids.

I think there will be The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim's house building and Fallout 4's crafting and settlementbuilding so we can set up mining facilities on asteroids and other planets.

And that is one of the reasons I think Todd Howard said he is waiting for the technology to exist and it sort of does now with DirectX 12 letting you have hundreds of thousands of drawcalls up to 3 million drawcalls. And with MicroSoft and SONY soon releasing the Xbox Scorpio and PlayStation 4 (PS4) Neo for sale soon in the next year, with 4.0TFlops of GPU compute power and 6.5TFlops of GPU compute power.

I think we will see a whole lot of new innovations in video games that we haven't seen before in the next 7 years, starting with 2017 or 2018 video games that will be released for sale.

Computing power and hardware is going to advance so much by 2020.

Caroline flitcroft

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:23 pm

Ugh, I can hear the complainers now, "It's just TES in space!", lol

I like the sound of what you described.
Lucy

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:52 pm

To me, the interview with Todd clearly made it sound like the projects would be something new and different than what people are expecting. But also still something that fits their studio.

I think Skyrim is the only game they'll be re-releasing.

Kaley X

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:44 pm

I would totally love that!
Micah Judaeah

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:29 pm

That sounds excellent. :goodjob:

Charlie Sarson

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:50 pm

Only thing I can see being a problem is, besides the open world(s), how do you make it different enough from Mass Effect? I'd be curious to see the alien races Bethesda would come up with.

Horrifying thought: what if the game is a spin off of Fallout, an open world RPG in which you play as a Zetan involved in some kind of intergalactic storyline?
James Hate

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:33 am

I would still love it, it would be like a single player Star Wars Galaxies. Ok, enough of dreaming back to reality!

Ridhwan Hemsome

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:36 pm

Starfield is one of those projects and I have a feeling that is the next big project. I have a feeling it might not be an RPG or if it is it might be a mixed genre with RTS 4x.. I guess we will found out more when they are ready to give more information on it. Maybe the next E3. I do not think they will have anything at Quake con since that will mostly be geared for Quake and Doom and a bit more on Prey/Dishonored.

The next one might be Fallout 5 or a Stand alone version maybe done by the studio in Montreal with Todd still in Charge managing both teams in Montreal and Maryland. I do not think they would give the new studio TES yet but Fallout might work. That project might be gearing up shortly so possibly both Starfield and this project could be released shortly after each other Starfield might take longer since it might be using a new engine or have to make a lot of changes to an existing one to make it fit for the game.

We do have the Special Edition of Skyrim that can help with the wait for the next chapter with the newer 64 bit engine. ESO is still being worked on which keeps the lore of TES universe still active. There is the TES Legends card game so there is quite a bit going on the TES franchise.

TES: VI might have both teams working on it at the same time and who knows the next TES might have multiple provinces and make the Open world with 10 times if not more the area to explore and an option to use VR. Possibly with both teams at full strength this might be possible. It will still take some time for VR to be popular and cheap enough for the average consumer that wants it. Still this project could be a long time coming. I do think that they want to increase the area to explore a lot more and the hardware is getting closer so they can boost it out. I do not think anywhere near as Daggerfall for exploration but still something larger so it is easier to make the world be more alive with cities feeling more like cities instead a of a small village or town.

Sanctum

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:11 pm

god I hope not.. bigger does not necessarily make better, and I sure as heck don't have enough faith in them to do multiple provinces at once considering they struggle to even show the actual cultures of one.. sure, Morrowind did a decent job portraying the culture of the region, but Oblivion didn't as it completely ignored the divide between Colovians and Nibenese, and Skyrim essentially went "hmm.. what was the Nordic religion again? ahh I can't remember, grabs the documents left over from oblivion and we will just use their religion instead"..

I don't want to see them even consider multiple provinces until they show they can get a decent portrayal of ones culture..

Jerry Jr. Ortiz

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:23 am

I could see Bethesda doing some sort of RTS game with their Fallout and TES licenses. I really want to see them do something completely unexpected, I like surprises.

tegan fiamengo

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:49 pm

Like this? :P
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Archeopterix/media/ElderScrolls/SimKwama.jpg.html?sort=4&o=4
Marilú

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:49 pm

Spoiler
Agggghhhh!!!! Kwama Warrior Army!!!! RUN AWAY!!!!!

ANaIs GRelot

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:31 pm

What if the next two projects are card games?

:P

I just hope whatever they are....it's not card related. Maybe a cyberpunk game or something.
Marquis deVille

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:44 am

Back in the early 80s there was a pen and paper RPG that had Victorian England with part of her Empire on Mars. I cannot remember the name of it to save my life. I would love a TES type game with that setting.
Jennifer Munroe

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:39 pm

Now that sounds cool. Would love a "TES in space". Just imagining the exploration on Mars or any other planets makes me hype. :P
Stacyia

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:45 pm

It's most likely a Fallout MMO that takes place shortly after the bombs dropped and some new TES/FO like game in a questionable setting.

Bellismydesi

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:01 am

Would BGS be working on an MMO though? I thought that sort of thing is why Zenimax Online Studios was formed.
Lyd

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:42 pm

Yes I would think it would be something that studio would do and I also do not think they want to have two active MMO's at the same time and I think that TESO is just starting to liven up with the last few expansions. Maybe just starting to look into it since MMO's take a long time but at the same point MMO's can last a long time if constant work is put into it and as long as it keeps an active player base. I do not think that an MMO of Fallout will work out that well maybe for once there will be unity between both factions of fans of Fallout hating on the MMO.

Luis Reyma

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:23 pm

ZeniMax Studios was set up for developing MMO video games from what I remember reading.

They developed The Elder Scrolls Online with their own money for like $300 million dollars (USD) from what I read. I don't think Bethesda Softworks gave them any money or maybe they did like 10 million dollars (USD)?

They wanted to appeal to the people who wanted to play a multiplayer version of The Elder Scrolls video game.

So I don't think Bethesda Game Studios will ever develop a video game with multiplayer and I hope they never do.

Anne marie

Next

Return to Othor Games