a better fallout experience?

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:01 am

hey guys, im new here and i joined so i could ask everyone here that plays fallout this question:

Do you think fallout 3 for the xbox 360 would be better if it had an online addon where you could join up with up to two friends and either complete missions together, or just travel the wastelands?

i want to get your guys' opinion on this. i already tried to send an email to bethesda asking them about this (only because i got results in the past with other companies) and they just replied with a computer generated message telling me to post questions here.
i was thinking "hey! maybe if this forum topic gets enough replies it will be recognised by the ACTAUL bethesda workers and maybe even become an addon for the 360...i only say 360 because 1) i dont have any other system that can play this game and 2) because im not sure if you can download addons for the ps3...

so yeah...opinions pls haha
Amelia Pritchard

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:34 pm

that idea sounds awsome but it will never happen, bethesda said no more addons after GOtY came out. and yes you can download the dlc from a ps3 its called the psn store. oh yes and welcome to the forums id offer you a fishy stick but i ate them all. have a big mac meal instead
http://threes.com/cms/images/stories/food/big-mac-extra-value-meal.jpg
Katie Louise Ingram

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:17 pm

Well mothership zeta was the last add-on for falout3, plus I doubt they would make an add-on for multiplayer. Although I agree having a co-op option would be a really cool idea but I highly doubt they would make a multiplayer add-on. There may be more of a chance to demand it for fallout NV rather than fallout3.
Steve Fallon

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:09 am

Well mothership zeta was the last add-on for falout3, plus I doubt they would make an add-on for multiplayer. Although I agree having a co-op option would be a really cool idea but I highly doubt they would make a multiplayer add-on. There may be more of a chance to demand it for fallout NV rather than fallout3.

....NV? never heard of it....
and did they really say that they werent making any more addons for fallout 3? :(
Eibe Novy

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:08 am

and did they really say that they werent making any more addons for fallout 3? :(

Yup sorry, they aren't making any more add-ons from my understanding and what I've read.

Fallout: NV = fallout new vegas, its the next fallout game to be made. Here's a few links to enlighten you
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/100/1002811p1.html
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_New_Vegas
Anthony Santillan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:33 am

NV = Fallout New Vegas. It is currently under development by Obsidion believed to be released in 2010. Google search it. Yes Bethsada is mostly just done with fallout. For the best fallout experiance I suggest getting it for the comp because of mods. Also I do like the idea of a co-op but it would be hard fitting it in story wise...mabye only active after the character has a follower and the 2nd player could take over the follower!
His Bella

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:04 am

Eh. I'd never play a game where two people, mainly strangers, could hook up and travel the area or complete missions.

Mainly cause i'd be afraid of being made fun of by the person for playing the game like a loser or something.
Veronica Flores

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:37 pm

Eh. I'd never play a game where two people, mainly strangers, could hook up and travel the area or complete missions.

Mainly cause i'd be afraid of being made fun of by the person for playing the game like a loser or something.

or you could show them whose boss by killing them with the MiRV (sorry if ive spoiled something i dnt know how 2 get those black cover things)
Noely Ulloa

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:14 am

haha no i mean witha friend, like if you had an xbox 360 then you could play with someone from your friends list. playing witha stranger would be wierd...

and im not really sure i like the idea of the second player becoming the "follower"....i still like the idea of a two or three player fallout with friends and their characters
Claire Jackson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:51 am

haha no i mean witha friend, like if you had an xbox 360 then you could play with someone from your friends list. playing witha stranger would be wierd...

Meh... Woudln't bother me so much, as long as the stranger isn't a duche.
Brooks Hardison

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:28 am

amen to that :foodndrink:

unless you was refering to me and then in that case its war
:nuke:
:flamethrower:
:gun:
edit: if a moderator sees this its only a joke and in fallout 3 terms
Natalie J Webster

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:04 am

Eh. I'd say everyone on the internet's probably a [censored]. Why else do we have scary moderators?
lucile davignon

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:58 am

I co-opped Gears and Gears 2 with my brother on the release days. Resi 5 a few weeks after release too. Can rely on my bro in-game, we're a good co-op team. If FO3 had have had it we probs would have done that too, though I doubt we'd have completed it in co-op. Gears 2 on hardcoe took us all night, and we had a break in the morning to get some sleep in because we'd been drinking so by the time we were half way through we weren't doing as well as we should have been. Got back to it, and unlocked the achievements with a cheer. Falout 3 is just too big if you don't know where you're going. A co-op game would see different people dropping in and out as the campaign went on. I'd deffo do it with somebody I knew though, save the game and pick up were we left off a lot later on. Would have been cool. ^_^
Vicki Blondie

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:27 am

I co-opped Gears and Gears 2 with my brother on the release days. Resi 5 a few weeks after release too. Can rely on my bro in-game, we're a good co-op team. If FO3 had have had it we probs would have done that too, though I doubt we'd have completed it in co-op. Gears 2 on hardcoe took us all night, and we had a break in the morning to get some sleep in because we'd been drinking so by the time we were half way through we weren't doing as well as we should have been. Got back to it, and unlocked the achievements with a cheer. Falout 3 is just too big if you don't know where you're going. A co-op game would see different people dropping in and out as the campaign went on. I'd deffo do it with somebody I knew though, save the game and pick up were we left off a lot later on. Would have been cool. ^_^

Yeah, sure i'd do it with somebody I know. Game designers don't care anymore, they've found they're internet-with-strangers is way more effective than local co-op.
Suzie Dalziel

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:52 am

Yeah, sure i'd do it with somebody I know. Game designers don't care anymore, they've found they're internet-with-strangers is way more effective than local co-op.

co-op wud be great but the only thing is that I work alone.
(i am even having no followers apart from dogmeat as i need him for my RP)
Alkira rose Nankivell

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:10 am

co-op wud be great but the only thing is that I work alone.
(i am even having no followers apart from dogmeat as i need him for my RP)

I don't have any followers. It took me 6 months to find out they were in the game, and I firmly decided that I didn't need em for that very reason.

However, talking to my speakers gets old sometimes, if the world of NV was so massively huge that it took hours (or days, like in Daggerfall) to walk across (fast travel is lame) than I wouldn't mind talking to my co-op partner. Who would most likely end up being a stuffed animal or my dog, anyway, because who do I know in my 25 mile region who plays Fallout.
Elizabeth Davis

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:21 am

I don't have any followers. It took me 6 months to find out they were in the game, and I firmly decided that I didn't need em for that very reason.

However, talking to my speakers gets old sometimes, if the world of NV was so massively huge that it took hours (or days, like in Daggerfall) to walk across (fast travel is lame) than I wouldn't mind talking to my co-op partner. Who would most likely end up being a stuffed animal or my dog, anyway, because who do I know in my 25 mile region who plays Fallout.

agreed but id get annoyed when they steal ure kill you was about 2 snipe
Cathrine Jack

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:03 am

agreed but id get annoyed when they steal ure kill you was about 2 snipe

I don't know, if they're my friend, I can give up 43 exp every once in a while.
Spooky Angel

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:54 am

I don't know, if they're my friend, I can give up 43 exp every once in a while.

i dunno i cudnt especially if i needed said experience points to level up
Connie Thomas

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:15 am

No, it would svck.

Someone is working on a mod for that. Still, it would ruin everything.

"LOLZ YOU WANNA PL4Y TEH FALLAUTS!!!ONE!??1"

"YA LOL, LEZ KILLA 'EM!LOL!".

No thank you. All Bethesda games should stay single player.
LittleMiss

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:22 am

No, it would svck.

Someone is working on a mod for that. Still, it would ruin everything.

"LOLZ YOU WANNA PL4Y TEH FALLAUTS!!!ONE!??1"

"YA LOL, LEZ KILLA 'EM!LOL!".

No thank you. All Bethesda games should stay single player.

I agree, whatever i've said in this post, i'd still prefer Bethesda games to be single player. I don't care if your my best friend or some stranger, you'll probably call me a loser, if not just become really bored, when I spend two hours getting my house decorations just right. (Among other reasons.)
Sanctum

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:16 pm

I agree, whatever i've said in this post, i'd still prefer Bethesda games to be single player. I don't care if your my best friend or some stranger, you'll probably call me a loser, if not just become really bored, when I spend two hours getting my house decorations just right. (Among other reasons.)

yes fallout should stay single player and any upcoming fallouts should stay single player
Susan Elizabeth

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:35 am

I can't imagine how much atmosphere would be ruined by multiplayer in a Bethesda game.* I love Bethesda games because they are single player games. I hope Bethesda never has multiplayer in their games.

*All of it.
Danny Warner

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:38 am

I can't imagine how much atmosphere would be ruined by multiplayer in a Bethesda game.* I love Bethesda games because they are single player games. I hope Bethesda never has multiplayer in their games.

*All of it.

I didn't even think Bethesda should have gotten rid of the mysterious fog that always hung over Morrowind, im a svcker for things staying the way they were. (Combined with hard to climb mountains, made the whole place feel huge, too.)
Conor Byrne

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:23 pm

I didn't even think Bethesda should have gotten rid of the mysterious fog that always hung over Morrowind, im a svcker for things staying the way they were. (Combined with hard to climb mountains, made the whole place feel huge, too.)

true all true
Claire Lynham

Next

Return to Fallout 3