[Relz] Better Morrowind Armour Add-On 2.0

Post » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:43 pm

Howdy!

I gave up on Morrowind for quite a while, and then I stumbled upon an endearingly lecherous lad by the name of BTB and his stellar Game Improvements Mod.

That rat bastard, now I am hooked again.-D

One of the things that always bothered me was how the female armour sets looked, well, not very feminine.

Then came Better Bodies. Then Better Clothes, Then the More Better Clothes.

But the armour languished in a sea of skimpy chainmail bikini mods, despite the efforts of Avenger's Female Armour Mod, Plangkye's Partial Female Cuirass Replacer, and Bethesda itself (and arguably half-assed on their part).

Until now.....

I stumbled upon Better Morrowind Armour 0.4.3 @ Tesall (Da tovarishh, ja govoraju po-Russkij, horosho-)

Now, Moranar, the author of THIS WORK OF GENIUS......BETTER MORROWIND ARMOUR 0.5.0 (English version available only @ Morrowind Nexus - it's easy to find. Hell, a blind man could find it)... has rectified this injustice!

No more will your male and female character be stuck with ugly segmented armour. No longer will your female character look like she is smuggling pears and plums in her trousers. No longer will your female character look like an ironing board, nor will she look like a monumentally impractical warrior, running headlong into battle against ogres and dremora whilst she is clad in a glass slip and two shards, cobbled together with twine, for an Alleged Cuirass....

Where do I come in to this?

Well, thanks to BTB, I discovered Darknut's Better Textures. I updated Avenger's Female Armours with his textures, but well-edited. I stumbled upon Plangkye's Partial Replacer, and was hooked. I wanted to fix the armours to make them BB friendly, but I had neither the time nor the tools to do so.

Then Moranar makes his stellar, stellar mod (and is continually adding to it) and now, everything is awesome! What makes his mod absolutely awesome is the UVW's uses stock Vanilla Textures, so you can use pretty much any texture replacer you wish (though you should be using Darknut's Textures, just like Uncle BTB).

However, he left off a few....

So, with his kind permission, I give you BETTER MORROWIND ARMOUR ADD-ON 1.1 BETA (Available @ Wolflore in the public D/L's - there is a link to this mod in the comments of Better Morrowind Armour 0.5.0 @ Nexus)

I am still working on a couple of them, but the set, as of now, is complete; unfortunately, three of the cuirasses still use edited Darknut's Textures, but I will fix this very soon. Moranar will most likely incorporate my improvements into his next release, but this will do for now. Learning 3ds Max in a crash course was (and still is) maddening (3ds Max crashes more than a perenially drunkard chum does on your couch, complete with the stench of Mackey D's. Oj! I deplore CHAVS).

Anywho, BTB, if you are reading this, you now have a new project for your plug-in: Mornar's Mod does **NOT** play well with other mods that augment or edit armour ratings and values (I, of course, have already made my compatibility plug-in; Moranar's mod will **NOT** convert to plug-nless, I already attempted this).

What I did, BTB, with your plug-in, was to combine Avenger's Female Armour Mod with your Equipment Plugin, so I have wimminz that look like wimminz, but with your awesome improvements (I also did the same with Princess Stomper's "Museum of Morrowind Expanded", and that was a serious pain in the ass - but I did learn how to edit game dialogue this way) I have now done the same with Moranar's Better Morrowind Armour 0.5.0, since whenever I D/L a mod, I immediately check it for conflicts with BTB's mods and compatibility plug-ins and edit them PRN.

Like Uncle BTB, I **HATE** mod- conflicts....and wanted to contribute to such a great game that is **STILL** played worldwide and modding for it continues.

P.S.

I de-boobified the Argonian cuirasses, BTB, in my compatibility plug-in. If *that* doesn't send you into a white iron hot rage.....*chuckles*

P.S.S.

Why can I not post links? I am *not* a Bot!

Kristian Perez

Post » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:38 am

http://www.wolflore.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1813. Already downloading. @tiebrakre, You need to make 4 posts to be able to post a link.

Required Mod: http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/42509//?

Nathan Maughan

Post » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:40 am

Thank you! You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Could you also please post a link to Moranar's work on Nexus, since he authored the original mod?

I see. I assume this is to prevent SpamBots, PedoBots, AnonBots and other vagrants telling me how I can become fabulously wealthy overnight simply by working from home.....

Brentleah Jeffs

Post » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:58 am

Fantastic work, I have always used Plangkye's Partial Replacer so this fits right in. Well Done!

kelly thomson

Post » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:49 am

Thank you! It was my original intention to supplement her work and design a seamless add-on to it. Then Moranar, the GENIUS that he is, made his exceptional work, so I killed two birds with one stone.

Reven Lord

Post » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:08 pm

For some reason the Dragonbone curaiss doesn't show up. It remains the same as the male.

Mistress trades Melissa

Post » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:06 am

Bljad!!!! Fixed now. I'll upload it @ Wolflore. Apparently, I forgot to update that one in the CS. The ID is "Dragonbone_cuirass_unique" in the CS, under the "Armour" tab and select "a_art_dragon_cuirass_c_f" under "female" to update it and save to the esp.

Or just download the updated esp.-D

Nicola

Post » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:35 pm

I saw the pics to this on Wolflore. Bloody fantastic! I generally just play with de-femmed armour to avoid the whole mess, but these armours are both practical and stylish. Thank you for your work.

Oooh, and somebody else who likes BTB improvements! :rock:

evelina c

Post » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:28 pm

Thanks for the add-on! Please let us know when/if this does get rolled into Better Morrowind Armor. I want to make sure I avoid having multiple .esps doing the same thing. :)

Bambi

Post » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:51 am

Thank Moranar and Plangkye. I merely filled in the gaps.

I built my entire Morrowind game around it. His list of essential mods is "de facto". That and his humour and commentary.-D

jadie kell

Post » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:25 am

Moranar intends to incorporate it into his next release of Better Morrowind Armour. I would check Nexus periodically for his next release(s).

Britney Lopez

Post » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:23 am

Thanks for the quick update. Each one of them look wonderful now!

Tiffany Holmes

Post » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:31 am

Well, after a brief confusion on Wolflore, I got this thing up and running, and... Words fail. This is an excellent, excellent mod. My favorite character to play has always ended up being a female Dunmer warrior, and this lack always pained me. I always hated the Divine Domina meshes too, with the briasts sharp and pointy enough to make the bodyslam look like a viable battlefield tactic. The loss only grew more painful when I found Plangkyes Partial replacer, which actually managed to look comfortable and practical, but only replaced about six. For this reason and the Better Bodies update, I've been similarly prostrating myself in worship of Moranar's continued mods all month. But he did leave a few which I thought might be reasonable for them to cover up the female form, but... It still looked rather uncomfortable.

With this though, all of my prayers have been answered! Every cuirass in the game has a reasonable and practical female version! I can wear whatever I find when I find it! That truly is a game-changer, and I have you and your excellent work to thank for it. Between Moranar, Kateri's new Julan, and you... It really has been a great time to be a Morrowind player. =D

Ross

Post » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:02 pm

Wait, I'm sorry, did you ADD boobplates to the armour? In addition to being unnecessarily revealing, boob plates are horrible in design because if a direct hit to the chest was made, they would break the wearer's sternum. I'm pretty dissapointed to see a mod like this, Morrowind's female armours are pretty nice design wise compared to those in say Skyrim.

Daramis McGee

Post » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:39 pm

You know, if you DON'T like a mod, common curtsy is to move along with your day. This isn't required to play Morrowind, and you're just being unnecessarily rude. Now if you had actual constructive criticism that went along with the mods intended focus, that's different, but you seem to just be complaining because the mod exists. Unnecessary.

Ashley Clifft

Post » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:21 pm

Even design wise this shouldn't be a thing. As I said an actual cuirass like this would break the wearer's sternum resulting in death. Is that not a legitimate criticism?

Quick Draw III

Post » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:18 am

I don't think "This mod shouldn't exist" falls under LEGITIMATE criticisms. Now, if there was a problem with a texture path or you had a suggestion on how to have the armour better fit female BB meshes, that would be helpful. He put a LOT of work into this, and its okay if its not your thing. Don't like it, don't comment. I thought that was basic Morrowind/Game Modding etiquette.

Oh, and don't click this link. ---> http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=9267&id=4476 If this mod cause you so many problems that mod will explode your head.

All I'm saying is this mod is both stylish, sixy, and practical, in Morrowind modding terms anyway. ;)

Rex Help

Post » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:05 am

I like it, but I don't play Morrowind and similar games for realism. ;) Yes they may be impractical if they were actual physical objects, but we can't levitate in real life, so why should armor be realistically practical?

x_JeNnY_x

Post » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:17 am

SWG is a girl, so she feels strongly about this I guess.

Maya Maya

Post » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:51 am

I'm a girl too. :stare:

He got the

Post » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:59 am

Nice work. I don't know or care how practical boobplates are, I like being able to tell if a redoran guard is male or female. If Almalexia can go into battle wearing nothing but a bra, loincloth and horrifying horned helmet, then I consider this a win for realism :P

CxvIII

Post » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:18 pm

I'm with SWG on the issue of boobplates and have been all my gamer life, before I could articulate why it seemed problematic to me or even sort through my own feelings on the subject internally. And yes, it is very true that the boobplate is not only historically unrealistic, but would be impractical and dangerous for the wearer in any actual combat situation. Personally I feel that it's somewhat degrading to a female warrior for her to be walking about in a suit of armor that could mean her death, for no apparent reason other than aesthetic concerns - it makes her look blatantly incompetent. Those and other issues with this particular fantasy armor convention have been discussed more articulately than I could hope to time and time again elsewhere on the web. (If you're interested, two excellent examples of the reasoning behind the anti-boobplate stance can be found http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/05/boob-plate-armor-would-kill-you and http://madartlab.com/2011/12/14/fantasy-armor-and-lady-bits/.)

A set of really practicable, warrior-appropriate, Brienne of Tarth-esque female cuirass meshes for Morrowind has been at the top of my mod wishlist for as long as I've played the game - so I really, really do get where SWG's coming from. I will agree that she came off a bit rude, though; there's no reason to use terms like "horrible" to describe a modder's work, or to say it "shouldn't be a thing". I guess I just wanted to say that I don't think she meant what she said maliciously. It probably just escaped from a place of deep-seated, long-held frustrations. We've all been there at some point. :confused:

As far as I'm concerned, this mod is step in the right direction. It takes female armor further towards the opposite end of the spectrum from the steel corset Domina meshes and chainmail bikinis. It might not have taken things all the way to the level of battle utility that women players/characters have been longing for, but it's obvious that the creators did attempt to even the playing field a bit. Nowhere is this illustrated more clearly, I think, than in the multiple versions made available in the main Better Armor download. The option to play without fem meshes, or to use them only for armor sets made from softer materials, proves that they did have these concerns in mind during development. I'm just grateful that they went out of their way to cater to fans' varying playstyles that much - they didn't have to.

So kudos and thanks all around! :thanks: Hurrah for sharing - now let's play and enjoy.

Edit: Grammar, formatting, etc.

Shannon Lockwood

Post » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:18 am

Starwarsguy is a gal? Well, color me surprised. If there was something wrong with the bumpmaps or the UV, that would be a legitimate criticism; OR, if tiebrake had described his mod as realistic or a "realism mod" maybe a discussion of the practicality of boobplates might be warranted, but he said nothing about these armors being realistic in any way shape or form. So, a mod release thread isn't the place for personal opinions about the subject matter of the mod.

Thanks for sharing, tiebrake; this is going in my load list along with Moranar's and Plangkye's.

(for the record, I'm a girl too.)

Jason King

Post » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:22 pm

Hi,

Any screenshots of this mod to share ? :)

My game is actually too wasted by my modding work to function properly. :D

Cathrin Hummel

Post » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:03 pm

Hey, go to this link. --> http://www.wolflore.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1813

All the screenshots are there. I'm not certain why they're weren't posted here as well.

Adam Kriner

Next

Return to III - Morrowind