Biggest annoyance?

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:48 am

One time I was using V.A.T.S. but my character didn't do anything. I hadn't saved in about an hour and I loaded up six headshots on my enemies, when I hit Accept he just stood there. I got [censored] in slow motion by Feral Ghouls, that's the games way of telling you to get a life.

I've had that happen 2 times @ the dead wind cavern... very annoying, but rare, thankfully.
Chloe Mayo

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:51 pm

ED-E is not flagged as a npc so nyone can loot his inventory at will, and most npc's at feeding time will loot whatever is in his inventory turning him hostile to them.
He and some others are just considered walking fridges I guess.
It does work, in the areotech offices outside of NV I kept getting it, without loading an earlier save I managed to quicly bring up ED-E and remove foodstuff.
No more angry mob afterwards.

lulz
Alisia Lisha

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:03 pm

I want to shoot Johnny Guitar.

Or beat him to death with one at the very least..

I feel the same way towards Mr. New Vegas.
GRAEME

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:03 am

I feel the same way towards Mr. New Vegas.

I'll give you this.

This one thing for christmas.
Soraya Davy

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:24 pm

I'll give you this.

This one thing for christmas.

Mighty generous of you. :celebrate:
Getting back to Christmas dinner now.
Carlos Vazquez

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:17 pm

When I click to disarm a mine near a body, I only loot the body. I've considered making a mod just to remove these...
Franko AlVarado

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:37 am

When I click to disarm a mine near a body, I only loot the body. I've considered making a mod just to remove these...

I get these often as well, if you hit the Z key on pc to move the body the mine should stay in place.
I think his pops up as just a minor annoyence to suggest how difficult disabling a booby trapped body would be, and I tend now to check out fallen npc's before moving through a area.

However on a still living body I doubt the Z key would work.
Claudia Cook

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:39 pm

Besides the obvious ending disappointment (aka "should have known better" or "why repeat FO3's original ending mistake")

[censored] followers... or some, for lack of a better word, [censored] design choices; that for some reason they have to comment on your sneak attacks (which you are wont to do quite regularly)
with dialogue akin to you just randomly firing your weapon.
And a few of them, a few demon-spawn bastards who feel the need to test your very last nerve by spouting some annoying /#()&/¤ eeeeeverytime you crouch down to sneak, some worse than
others but man...a couple of them followers are barely tolerable.

I usually headshot/reload/headshot/reload/stabstabstab/reload a few times in between these follower shenanigans to keep sane.
xx_Jess_xx

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:55 pm

The fact that every byte of code in New Vegas was programmed to let the game be played endlessly, yet being restrained from that option by some financial hyenas who will only enable the possibility to continue after ending the main storyline if we pay another unfair amount of money on the first piece of Digital Lucrative Crap (DLC) that will be published.
Franko AlVarado

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:39 pm

Yes, that makes sense with the developers declaration that they WILL NOT be releasing a DLC that enables free play after the ending.

A financial plan destined to succeed.
Helen Quill

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:25 pm

That obsidian has been infected by the bethesda " seemingly creepy and inapropriate sixual behaviour" from early NPC'S.

I.E Farragoth, Emperor Uriel, and now Doc Mitchell.

Everytime I create a female character and walk towards the Stimulation - matic to check my "vitals" in my skivvies his voice and dialogue are very overly suggestive and creepy.
Samantha Mitchell

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:28 pm

Yes, that makes sense with the developers declaration that they WILL NOT be releasing a DLC that enables free play after the ending.

A financial plan destined to succeed.

I wouldn't know, last thing i heard they were going to publish á DLC (wasn't announced whether it would be Dead money) which would enable continued play after the game's ending. But even if you're right the absence of a lucrative scheme is an even more lame excuse not to outfit the game which such an option, than it's presence. Fallout 3 was one of the best games i ever played, but procuring new vegas is beginnig to look more and more like a mistake.
Queen

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:00 am

Companions refuse to carry faction armor, I mean, really?

Yup. I'm not asking you to wear it just carry the damn thing! Maybe things got too weird when companions started wearing faction armor, like too many other NPC reactions. Maybe Boone slit his own throat when he put on Legion armor.

Coulda been a quick fix. Who knows, but a bit illogical, IMO.
Beulah Bell

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:15 pm

My biggest annoyance is that guy who sneaks up on you in the Roving Merchants outfit. Always scares the crap out of me although I usually shoot him after the conversation.

Also Deathclaws you think a creature that big can't run fast but noooo we gotta make the abomination move like the Road Runner.
teeny

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:47 pm

Quest items stuck in my inventory even after I've finished the quest.
Eddie Howe

Previous

Return to Fallout: New Vegas