Blades or Greybeards?

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:56 am

I think I'm just gonna kill him.
Campbell

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:56 am

The offerings from the blades aren't all that great . If you have 100 in smithing you can smith yourself some badass dragonbone gear along with daedric weapons. Hell of a lot stronger then the blades armor and weapons. If you have a pretty decent enchantment you can enhance your weapons to sustain even more damage.

Oh and you forgot something. Once you tell the greybeards that you won't kill Paarthurnax and finish with the Alduin saga you can start hanging out at High Hrothgar.

Oh and the hideout rightfully belongs to the dragonborn, and not the blades.

just stating what each side offers. Also as far as if the hideout belongs to the dragonborn, t was built by the blades of old that still hunted dragons and yes was unlocked by dragonblood because it was there for the prophisy in which it was assumed the dragonborn would be sided with the blades or shared same values. the place is an old blades temple so the blades got first dibs since our dragonborn isnt a emporer or part of the septim bloodline.
I love YOu

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:57 am

I choose the greybeards, I hate what the blades have become.
Tammie Flint

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:00 am

But why Greybeards? Aside from Paarth being cool they are just a bunch of old dudes with an ability to use Thu'um. When You come to them they openly say that they do not care about the war or anything. They are people of peace. Also Paarthurnax says that he wouldn't trust himself if he was me.

The problem is that we are FORCED to chose a side. There is no middle ground. No persuade option is available though the Blades NEED ME to stop Alduin.

I can understand why they want Paarth dead. I also get that everyone deserves a chance to redeem himself. But the way Bethesda constructed the MQ is just horrible. Christ, I didn't have this much dilemma playing The Witcher 2 and that game had some HUGE and cool plot twists.

The most annoying thing is that I can't ( and I never had so much problem with and RPG ) chose a side and play the MQ anymore. I'm 170h into the game, did all the quests and still can't decide...

IT'S JUST A GAME GODDAMMIT! :facepalm:
Jade MacSpade

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:27 pm

I prefer the philosophy of the Greybeards so I usually tend to stick by them. I have a lot of characters that haven't even started the Main Quest line yet to trigger the dragons because I simply like to role-play being a simple Bosmer hunter or something. I think I only have two characters that actually have dragons triggered while the others are just living out their lives for whatever reason they want.
Mario Alcantar

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:07 pm

I prefer the philosophy of the Greybeards so I usually tend to stick by them. I have a lot of characters that haven't even started the Main Quest line yet to trigger the dragons because I simply like to role-play being a simple Bosmer hunter or something. I think I only have two characters that actually have dragons triggered while the others are just living out their lives for whatever reason they want.

Me too.... I finished the MQ on one toon, ran two others partway through the civwar (one on each side) - and deleted all three of them. I never bother with the MQ or civwar now.... no dragons, just a lot of fun - exploring, questing, bandit extermination.... Best thing about Beth games, after all, is that you don't have to do the MQ EVER if you don't want to.
priscillaaa

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:30 am

Murder murder! MURDER!
And now I have http://youtu.be/3PnpdR3oUqo in my head. Thanks for that.
Trevi

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:03 am

I THINK I might do the Civil War and MQ on my toon again. Civ War because of RP motivations and Main Quest to try out the Blades, which I haven't yet and would make sense from an RP perspective.
Lil Miss

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:40 pm

This is a quote from some other side:
After killing Alduin, he ( Paarthurnax ) goes and takes up his mantle, to try and make the others follow his "Way of the Voice"...I'm not convinced his motives are completely altruistic...Odahviing says as much.

Does Odahviing realy say that the player shouldn't trust Paarth?
maya papps

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:22 am

This is a quote from some other side:

Does Odahviing realy say that the player shouldn't trust Paarth?

Paarth tells us himself, really I'm convinced he'll bring dragons to be a peaceful cult on a mountain, but very few. And he'll probably have a war with some other dragon faction, no idea. Not very peaceful, but hey, what can you do when another dragon is shouting at you?
Claire Mclaughlin

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:51 pm

I highjacked OP topic but it seems he already decided what to do before me.
Robyn Lena

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim