Bring the arena back Bethesda.

Post » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:08 am

I really loved the arena in oblivion.I feel like Bethesda had a missed opportunity to release a arena in several of their games Skyrim and then combat zone in that other cod err.Rpg?lol what is fallout 4?lol.Anyways I also believe they could implement a coop mode for arena only as it would add a little variation from the single player without effecting anyone's single player experience.I also think they could set arena up to be optional coop there aswell.Heck they could design a full fledged game around arena and in my opinion would be worth a full priced aaa game.Anyways what do you guys think?As always thanks guys for your thoughts.This is just my opinion on one thing I feel needs attention and seems overlooked by Bethesda.
Lily Evans

Post » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:21 am

I thought the Arena was the worst part of Oblivion. It just felt so tacked on, it's armours looked absurd, and it's 'story' was almost nonexistent. At least in Morrowind, the Vivec Arena was a platform for political duels, but in Oblivion it was just... There for it's own sake.

I wouldn't be against it returning, but it needs some serious work to fit into the world, let alone be something i would consider interesting or even fun.

Stacey Mason

Post » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:11 am

wait, why would the arena need a storyline? it's fighting and killing for fame and glory, not a WWE drama.

it's part of the culture that imperials are violent and bloodthirsty for entertainment. even more so as there is no auditorums for any other cultural activities haha.

Ana Torrecilla Cabeza

Post » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:19 am

Hence part of the problem. The Arena could have been an interesting element of just random fights, a literal blood sport of just trying to make money from the dismemberment of others. But instead they tacked on a really weak 'underdog' story and the whole Pale Prince thing.

^_^

Post » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:31 pm

For general suggestion on future TES games, use this thread: http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1604490-official-beyond-skyrim-tes-vi-84/

And for discussing any multiplayer/co-op ideas, use this thread: http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1542890-non-mmo-tes-multiplayerco-op-thread/

Tamara Dost

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion