BUG! Weapons going through characters skin!

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:02 pm

Hello, recently I have been noticing that most of the weapons that are sheathed is literally inside my character skin. It is mostly 2 handed weapons such as greats words, battle axes, etc. I just wanna know if anyone has ever had this happened before, if so, how can I fix it?

P.S. This is on Skyrim Special Edition on the Xbox One, and I am using multiple mods, to be frank, I can't be bothered with going through every single mod and figuring out which mod is causing the problem.
stevie critchley

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:28 pm

It seems that you're describing a normal issue. Some weapons are just so large that they "melt" into your armor/body.

Many games have this same problem, to some degree.

Weapons added by mods might have more extreme issues, especially if also used alongside modded armor, because they were not designed to be used with each other.

Unless the weapons is literally stabbing through your entire body, it's probably just a issue you have to ignore.

If it's extremely bothersome, you'll need to pinpoint which mod the weapon/armor is coming from.

Jynx Anthropic

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:05 pm

Um.... weapons clip through everything. It doesn't matter what game you're playing.... (My GODDESS you should have seen the clipping in WoW when riding.... Didn't matter WHAT weapon one used...) There's not much you can do about it. I play stealth archers exclusively, and while I don't have the clipping through everything with bow and quiver... I have the OTHER problem - where bow and quiver are out in left field somewhere, seemingly not with any relevance to the girl by whom they're supposedly being wielded. As in - they seem to be attached to some body in some OTHER universe entirely.

Not in game right now. If I remember in the morning I'll get a screenie and post it. Mostly - I just do my best to ignore it....

Lewis Morel

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:26 pm

Apologies, allow me to elaborate, imagine a greatsword, seathed on the characters back, below the hilt and nearly halfway across the blade, that specific part seems to be swallowed up by the characters back. Luckily I mostly use one handed swords but if there is no way to 'fix' it, then I'll just try to ignore it.
Cash n Class

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:15 pm

Yeah, that sounds normal.

As the above replies state, many games have this issue.

It's not really a glitch, it's just that the meshes have not been fitted alongside each other very well.

Developers do their best to make sure weapons look good when sheathed, but they usually settle for one set location for all meshes to sheath. Most look fine, but others will float far away from your body while some melt into your body.

I believe Skyrim has mods to fix this problem. I suggest asking in the mod forum for "Sheath fixes."

Rob Smith

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:57 am

Well, you pretty much have to change out skeletons to get sheath fixes, which can cause all sorts of other problems. I *think* I've heard the XPMS32 skeleton is pretty good.

Rude Gurl

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:25 pm

You may just have to ignore it as it's common among many games. As Serethil already mentioned it's called "clipping." You'll find clipping happen with various things including sheathed daggers "stabbing" the leg while sneaking. Maybe dig through some mods to see if someone provided a solution for this already.

Robert Jackson

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:24 pm

Thank you all for your input. I greatly appreciate it (:
Quick Draw III

Return to V - Skyrim