Build your own stronghold?

Post » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:34 am

Hey all, I'm just wondering what everyone's opinion is on building strongholds? I loved how in Morrowind, depending on your house you could get a unique stronghold to call home. I could probably go on for hours about this, but I would like them to take it a step further, by choosing what kind of outpost to create, from military, to trade, to a crime oriented one (skooma factory), to even something as simple as a farm. There's been hundreds of great mods for Morrowind that have created this, so would anyone be interested in having this in the game?
Shaylee Shaw

Post » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:22 am

My proposal:

Each guild, once you become the guild master, opens a new guild house. For example, once you become the head of the Thieve's Guild they would open a new front busines (a tavern or pawnbroker or whatever) and you would have an office there. This is where you would give orders to your subordinates and what have you.

If there are functional equivalents to the Great Houses from Morrowind then I would like to see, in place of what I describe above, a system like the one from Morrowind but with greater complexity (and that system shouldn't leave you looking like a middling faction member in a tiny house compared to all of the councilors that you lead).
Bones47

Post » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:41 pm

I never really cared much about the Morrowind stronghold, with TES you're basically just on your own and I just want a place to stash all my items. However, I do like the strongholds in the Suikoden series, in those games you build up this HQ and recruit a lot of people (100+) and the place becomes very lively. So if Bethesda added strongholds to the game, I think they should make an effort to add "life" to it as well.
katsomaya Sanchez

Post » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:46 am

No house will ever feel like a home if they don't work on the physics, imho. I'd love to see strongholds back, and I really like the suggestion of making them for different kinds of factions, but without being able to line the walls with skulls, how can I make it really feel mine? It just feels like a collection of my stuff in someone else's house. I can't build furniture out of books, I can't create pillars of lanterns... I just want fixed objects when I'm placing them in my own space.
darnell waddington

Return to V - Skyrim