Building a Warrior

Post » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:16 pm

So, I've finally decided to give Oblivion another crack after spending far too much time in Skyrim. I'm going to play a straight-forward Warrior, pretty much the canon Champion from the back of the box. He's an ex city guard before being thrown into prison. I'm not interested in Efficient Leveling, but I do have a few questions about making what I hope is a strong build to complete the MQ.

I'm going to attempt to maximise Endurance as quickly as possible, possibly with help from the Warrior sign. Is that the best tactic? I'll level up Armourer, Block and Heavy Armour as fast as I can, in an attempt to give me as much health as possible.

I'm also tempted to get the Steed sign though. I hate how Athletics rises at the least opportune moments in this game, so I end up walking (rather than running) a hell of a lot. Steed would be a great way of counteracting this, but I'm loathe to miss out on the perks of the Warrior. What do you think?

As for skills, I'm thinking (other than all three Endurance ones) - Blade (Str), Security (Agl), Alchemy (just for a little fun) and...something else. Any suggestions?

*Sorry if this post comes across as quite rambly. I just need some confirmation that this walking tank build will work!! ;)

Kelsey Hall

Post » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:07 pm

"I'll level up Armourer, Block and Heavy Armour as fast as I can, in an attempt to give me as much health as possible."

Do you mean to the exclusion of leveling any other skill? If so, you'll max health, if you can survive. However, the NPC's will be increasing their weapon skills as they level up with your character. Expect to get knocked down or paralyzed by an arrow in combat a lot.

Since you're going to be getting a lot of Endurance from your build, I wouldn't worry with Warrior birthsign. Your character might only be going to use combat skills, but NPCs will also be using magic against you. The Atronach birthsign will allow your character to absorb 50% of the spells, and give you some magicka for a seventh skill of Restoration.

While you're not leveling efficiently, here is something to consider. If you level one Endurance skill 10 times, then you get 5 points added to Endurance. If you only level it 5 times, then you get 3 added. You can now level another Major skill 5 times for a different attribute, say Strength and get 3 added to that. So, instead of one level up with a total of 5 attribute points, you get a total of 6 points. Good luck!

Lloyd Muldowney

Post » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:33 am

You may want to consider levelling up either Blace or Blunt as well (if you're basing your character on the canon champion).

You're going to want to ensure your damage output is going to be as effective as your damage resistance.
Lilit Ager

Return to IV - Oblivion