Can't Name Your Alchemical Potions?

Post » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:51 am

Since the days of Morrowind, I've made characters that roam into the countryside looking for Red Mountain Flowers and Skeever Tails with which I would create potions and elixers, either to use them or sell them at a high price! Sure, it would be REALLY hard to find any Skeever Tail in Morrowind, but you guys know what I mean. Yes, Alchemy is truly one of the more interesting facets that were incorporated into the Elder Scolls Series, but Skyrim kinda dropped the ball. I truly and genuinely miss naming my own potions.

When you're scrolling through your list of potions, they are named after the first alchemical effect. If any of you make potions, you'll of course know that most of your situation-specific potions have at least two or three effects (especially when you consider poisons, I make poisons enemy-specific as well.) If I was able to name them like I could back in the day, then the nicknames and codenames that I designate will help me out tremendously--not to mention enhance my enjoyment considerably.

I liked my potion names, and am bummed that they can't be applied to my Skyrim homebrews. Here's a few of my most memorable...

Round 2 Brew : Restore/Fortify Health, Restore Stamina
Triple Kill : Damage Health/Magicka/Stamina
Mageslayer Toxin : Damage/Ravage Magicka, Poison Damage
Hannah Barnard

Return to V - Skyrim