I can't stop mods from loading.

Post » Sun May 05, 2013 1:06 am

Hi there, help out a noob please I'm new at this.

I have a small problem, no matter what I do all my DLC mods are loading automaticly. I even tried to install "Fallout Mod Manager" and making sure no mods are checked but they are still loading.

When I start a new game I get a lot of messages and stuff like tribal pack is added and so on.

My main issue is that when I start a new game and in the first room where you wake up I find a lazer pistol and I want that removed, I imagine that it's the "Gun Runners Arsenal" that added that?

And there are now more weapons and ammo added throughout the game?

I want to work for it and getting a lazer pistol in the first box I checked kinda ruined it for me, I'm afraid it will be to easy to find weapons and ammo.

Anyway, how do I get the DLC mods to not load? I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game but they are all still loading even though no mods are checked.

Edit: Have also tried to delete all the dlc mods but hey are still loading. I have the steam version if that matters.

Killer McCracken

Post » Sun May 05, 2013 11:35 am

You have to use the Launcher and go into Data Files to uncheck the DLCs.

However, that laser pistol has been there since the beginning of the game. It's a low level energy weapon just like the gun you get or the machine gun you can repair.

You don't want to get rid of Gun Runners Arsenal. However, you can uncheck the Caravan Pack or the one that gives you all the pre-order stuff, but that equipment is pretty low level too.

If you want to delay all the DLC messages, there is a DLC Delay mod on the Nexus.

Ian White

Post » Sun May 05, 2013 7:58 am

Thanks a lot for the answer. :)

I just borrowed the game cd from my friend that I used for my first play through, after installing it seem you are right and I forgot that the lazer pistol was always there. :P

But I still have problems with the addons, I can't stop them from loading. They are all unchecked but after making a new game I still get the "X pack is added" messages and my inventory is filled with items.

I even tried to delete the DLC files, how can they still be loading? :o This is really confusing me.

My friends cd version I only have 3 items in my inventory, the vault suit a gun and a knife. And I get no "X pack has been added" when I start a new game.

I would like to play my steam version with most of the addons, just want to disable anything that makes getting guns and ammo easier. I like having a hard time finding weapons.

Wouldn't that be the "GunRunnersArsenal" btw?

Didn't have any problems with addons on Fallout 3, almost feels like the DLC are baked into the steam version of new vegas.

Miranda Taylor

Post » Sun May 05, 2013 3:12 am

Again, you want the GRA, all the cool stuff it adds is expensive, so no OP there. Just leave it. For no other reason than the Companion Dismissal Terminal

The other packs are part of your account. I never bothered activating my pre-order dlc, so I don't know how to remove it. You could send a message to Steam and have them remove it from your account.

Also, make sure you are running the Game and the Launcher as an Administrator, perhaps the changes your making are not sticking because you installed it in Program Files. That might let you uncheck the pre-order packs and then launch the game.

jadie kell

Post » Sun May 05, 2013 8:26 am

In your Fallout New Vegas\Data folder, sort by file type and find the .nam files for the DLC you want to disable. Delete them, they are just text files that contain the name of the esm.

The NAM files force the game to load the DLC, they don't do anything else. You can still enable the DLC without them by checking them off in your mod manager.

Alexander Horton

Post » Sun May 05, 2013 3:42 am

Thanks again.

I'll just leave the game as it is, my main concern was that one of the addons added a lot of weapons and ammo to be found out in the world. I don't what I like to have hard time, if it's at a vendor it's not a problem. Easy to ignore that. :)

Also tried to start the launcher as an admin but the DLC are still loading(and I even deleted the files), seems like they are baked into the game on the steam version.

I can add and remove addons on the cd version.

Again thank you. :)

Elea Rossi

Post » Sun May 05, 2013 7:54 am

You're trying to remove the wrong things. It's the ones that have "pack" in their names that are adding all the stuff, not the DLCs themselves. The "packs" are the pre-order bonuses that people received when the game first came out, and yes, it's ridiculous that you get so many things right at the start of the game. You were supposed to be dead, did no one think to loot your body before you were buried? It's a bit of a stretch to think that you even start with a lowly 9mm pistol, but I guess you need something. And no, you're not supposed to start with a knife, just the 9mm pistol with some ammo, a Vault 22 jumpsuit, and a few Stimpaks. As for the packs, just open up the game's Data folder and delete anything that has "pack" in the name. That will get rid of all that stuff. I know that works since I got rid of them in my game. You want to keep the rest though, including Gunrunner's Arsenal. While it does add weapons to the game, it does it through the levelled lists. It doesn't just hand you something, you have to earn it. The other DLCs are even more so, and basically just add new quests and areas. You want to keep those.
courtnay

Post » Sun May 05, 2013 11:06 am

I don't have any nam files there anymore, deleted everything but. Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, FalloutNV.esm and Update.bsa.

The DCL files stil load and I can see them in the steam interface and the ingame menu when clicking on downloadable content.

But I think I'll just forget about this since they don't seem to affect the game in a way I was scared of. Like making it easier to be a scavanger. I like to "work" at improving my character, don't want any free rides. :)

Thanks for help guys!

Marquis T

Post » Sat May 04, 2013 8:21 pm

Do you have the steam version?

I have deleted all files in the data folder other than, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, FalloutNV.esm and Update.bsa.

But they all still load. :o

krystal sowten

Post » Sat May 04, 2013 10:58 pm

You're not doing something right then as it's impossible for anything to load up if the files aren't there. Don't use any of the ingame tools, go directly into the Data folder of the game through Windows and delete them there. And make sure you only remove the ones that have "pack" in the name. The rest you want to keep, they aren't the ones adding the gear. Each "pack", there's 3 or 4 of them, will have three files, one with an .esm extension, one with .bsa at the end, and one with a .nam file. Get rid of them all.

No, all they do is give you some bonus items when you start a new game. It's a bit ridiculous I know, but that's as far as they go.

I fully agree with you, which is why I got rid of them in my game.
Adriana Lenzo

Post » Sun May 05, 2013 12:10 am

There is no other version. Mine came from a disc, but it's still a Steam game.

PS: Oh wait, where do you have your Steam folder installed? If it's in your Program Files folder, then the UAC may be preventing you from properly deleting the files. You want to move your Steam folder away from that location.
Andrea P

Post » Sun May 05, 2013 12:42 pm

Weird. Check AppData\Local\FalloutNV\plugins.txt and make sure the DLC you want to disable are not listed there. If they're not there and the nam files are gone, the DLC shouldn't load.

Or if your only concern is starting gear from the preorder packs, leave them enabled and use this mod:
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/39776

Robert Jackson

Post » Sun May 05, 2013 4:34 am

...or you could just put the stuff you get from the preorder packs in some random chest at the Doc's house and forget about them forever...

Ron

Post » Sun May 05, 2013 7:07 am

Arg... I remember some special file that downloaded with each DLC file that caused the game to load the module anyway despite it not being set to load. I forget what the file type extension is, but it has an otherwise identical filename to the DLC ESM modules themselves.

Delete them, and the game should not load the modules unless they're enabled by whatever mod manager you use (preferably not the featureless default launcher, use FOMM or Wrye Flash NV).

Calum Campbell

Post » Sun May 05, 2013 4:58 am

I think you're talking about .nam files, MC. I just loaded up a module in the GECK to test that theory after I moved them, and none of the DLCs were checked like they usually are.

Ray

Return to Fallout: New Vegas