cannot do anything in riften

Post » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:41 pm

i can go anywhere in skyrim but crash if i enter or even get close to riften. i get signed out . is there a solution to this problem or an on going fix, or what? thanks Shabra 22

Dustin Brown

Post » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:43 pm

Is this SE? I heard there are lag issues... at least on Xbox. I haven't made it there myself yet.

Jodie Bardgett

Post » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:53 pm

What system are you on? (PC, Xbox or PS4)

Are you using mods? If yes, which mods?

We cannot read your mind :P

Jah Allen

Post » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:22 am

What exactly do you mean with 'even get close'?

As mentioned by Korr, there are places where the program just quit if the character enters them. From my experience, they are at least random for every new character. But do happen again from the same save. :(

For me as a re-starter who at least once a week starts a new character, such a point before Riften would be enough reason to start a new character.

But you can for example try to enter Riften from the sea-side. There are a lot of doors going from the sea inside Riften. One belongs to the mead-brewery and should be open during working-time.

Just make a big round around the place where the game stopped in the past.

If it is not the problem I assumed, it may be connected to some mods you did install.

There comes the question:

Which platform do you play?

Do you have mods installed? If yes, please post the list in the loading order.

Glu Glu

Post » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:07 pm

I'm pretty sure he means whenever she gets within sniffing distance of the place her game CTD's. Its happened to me on occasion its usually a mod issue it can happen anywhere I had an issue once where I couldn't get anywhere near Falkreath neither ride, fast travel nor even COC with the console. That was a DynDoLOD issue but it can happen with anything that the game engine has a fundamental falling out with.

OP if you're on PC you could try

coc rifthenmistveilkeep

from the console then try heading outside, that sometimes works

Anthony Diaz

Post » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:52 pm

That's the great question here: Did he mean near the front entry, or near anywhere around Rifton?

We can just suggest, only Shabra22 can tell...

Ian White

Post » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:43 pm

I use xboxone 2 tb . I do use mods and have worked out the order of placement to place the unofficial patch on top and then climate of tamriel then forgotten city , alternate start, amazing follower tweaks, remove color patches from breezhome, breezehome cellar, serifem body 66.31mb, Sofia, then mors feminine females, invulnerable Lydia, quit complaining Lydia, then ks hair, adorable females, kissing,adoptable female follower, diverse dragons, skybirds, birds of skyrim, antennaria, natural eyes, bridges, gifts of observer, dragonborn barbarian female outfit, birds and flocks, paarthunax dilemma, realistic conversation, lush overhaul, immersive citizens, immersive wenches, songs of nord, weapons of third, open cities, dark waters home, breggans retreat, magical college, a quality world map, maximum skeleton, realistic waters, skyland a landscape texture, enhanced night sky, enhanced blood texture, and last is skyrim grapgic overhaul. I am at level 70, only followers are Lydia and Sofia. have not done any dawn guard or salstime. when I approach Riften either by the lake to go in through the meadery, I will get signed out or crash out. when I do get to talk to a guard and pay the gold, I get a crash sign out upon entering riften. a lot of these mods I have not yet used and I do realize that even the unused mod placement is critical. the first crash happened when I arrived by carriage to the stable of riften. then after many trys I got in then immediately saved and then fast traveled out. I crashed when I fast traveled back in. I am familiar with the game on 360. I do like the appearance that the mods contribute, I don't know if I have too many installed or have them in the correct order. I checked online for some videos about sorting order and got Lydia's face to be the right color which was pink and blue striped before moving the KS mod lower. everything in the game is good except riften. I hope I am not over explaining. thanks shabra22

Skrapp Stephens

Post » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:10 pm

As has been said a bit more info is needed for anyone to help you but it sounds like a mod issue or a corrupt save probably something that the game has decided for whatever reason it doesn't like. Try starting a new game with a new character and fast travel to near Riften and see if you can get into the city without C.T.D

J.P loves

Post » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:49 pm

I don't use open city's or immersive citizens but my first instinct would be to find out if those two mods are compatible.

Amanda Furtado

Return to V - Skyrim