I Cannot Defeat Ancano!? PLEASE HELP!

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:23 pm

That's ridiculous! Starting over because of a bug? Come on. After so much hard work that gets put into the game and the only way to fix this bug is to start over? That's inexcusable in my opinion.Come on Bethesda wheres your damn technical support!?!!??!?!

Sorry if Im being rude but the moderators of this board have no problem moving peoples post with the same "Do not submit spoilers, blah blah and blah" message yet does not help their consumers dealing with a bug that prevents them from completing the quests.
Thema

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:01 pm

That's ridiculous! Starting over because of a bug? Come on. After so much hard work that gets put into the game and the only way to fix this bug is to start over? That's inexcusable in my opinion.Come on Bethesda wheres your damn technical support!?!!??!?!

AFAIK, bug fixes would not fix a quest that is already in a broken state...they would just prevent the bug from happening in the future. Without access the the console to manually fix the errors, starting over may very well be the only option.

My first character had some trouble with the patch 1.2 Thieve's Guild main quest and I had to rely heavily on console commands to complete it. Then, whenever I attempted to spend myt attribute point for turning level 37, the game would freeze. I put off leveling for a while, but then the Dark Brotherhood main quest bugged out and no matter what I did, the game would crash while trying to exit Solitude. During the entire time, I suffered from random and sudden CTDs. I gave up.

Created a new character, played through the opening/tutorial. Game would freeze roughly 10 seconds after leaving the cave beneath Helgen.

Waited a week or so until the LAA patch. CTDs completely disappeared. Created a new character, a fighter, so I never did the TG or DB. Successfully completed the companions quests, worked on blacksmithing, cleared many, many dungeons. Decided to do the main quest around level 42. The "Thalmore Embassy" stage bugged out and I had to use the console to progress. A few steps later, I found out that all the NPCs who were in attendance at the Thalmore's party still only offered party dialog options. I was unable to progress anymore with the main quest, and gave up. After hundreds of hours of game play, I'd cheated my way through the Thieve's Guild quest, and was unable to complete the DB or the Main quest.

Played Deus Ex: Human Revolution for a few weeks. (Great game, btw)

Patch 1.4 landed. I created a new character and with high hopes, dove back into the game. The game has been more stable then it has ever been, I have not had a quest bug out on me yet, however I have not advanced the any of the guild or main quests as far as I did in my first two playthroughs. I'm currently level 37 and having a blast.

The trouble with such open ended games like TES series is that there are so many possible states for the game to be in, it may very well be impossible to release a bug free game. That doesn't stop me from loving the game and the lore though.
Arnold Wet

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:08 pm

Sorry if Im being rude but the moderators of this board have no problem moving peoples post with the same "Do not submit spoilers, blah blah and blah" message yet does not help their consumers dealing with a bug that prevents them from completing the quests.
I second this notion. I would love some "official" feedback/advice?
Taylah Illies

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:28 pm

DarkBlueMullet: there is a http://www.gamesas.com/forum/179-skyrim-hardware-and-software-issues-subforums/. Whether you can find any further help there I don't know, but probably that's a better place to try. [And just FYI - other than CCNA and other player mods moving posts etc., there's really no "official" input on most of the fora here.]
Beulah Bell

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:33 am

I think he's little buggy after 1.4. I did this quest after 1.4 and he took no damage, although I did everything properly. After about 5 minutes of invulnerability, he suddenly decides to drop dead, when I didn't even touch him and he was at full health. His corpse wasn't lootable either like it use to be. I'm glad his corpse cleaned up properly though.
Louise Dennis

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:26 pm

I think he's little buggy after 1.4. I did this quest after 1.4 and he took no damage, although I did everything properly. After about 5 minutes of invulnerability, he suddenly decides to drop dead, when I didn't even touch him and he was at full health. His corpse wasn't lootable either like it use to be. I'm glad his corpse cleaned up properly though.

Interesting. Personally, I'd have rather his corpse stayed there forever. Object lesson.
Joie Perez

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim