CANNOT find Journal in Shroud Hearth Barrow

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:02 am

Somebody.....HELP!!!!

Been online and checked numerous forums/youtube clips etc. (don't usually resort to such measures).

Have killed the bloke "haunting" Shroud hearth Barrow, but cannot find the journal that is supposed to be on the table ANYWHERE!! Looked in every nook and cranny, but it's nowhere. Without it, I can't take it back to the INN and get the Sapphire Claw... Is this a bug maybe.

It is defo not on that table!!!!

Any advice would be massively appreiated!!

Thanks all!!!!

DS :bunny:
WYatt REed

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:16 am

maybe it be blown to somewhere nearby.

alternatively try reload from early save, like b4 you enter the dungeon
Julia Schwalbe

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:12 am

Thanks for the advice.
Have thought of going back to an earlier save, but have done far too much other stuff, and would prob end up losing alot of what I've done...
Don't think it would be in my save game list now anyway. :confused:
Leanne Molloy

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:35 am

Might also be worth mentioning, I have tried using Clairvoyance to show me where the Journal might be, it points under the table in the room with the Alchemy lab, but still I can't find anything!!!
Amie Mccubbing

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:02 am

And what if you go into sneak mode and point your mouse on every place under the table? I've had numerous times where certain items were either invisible or half glitched through the ground, but I could still take it the moment I saw its name appear on my mouse pointer. That, or it clipped through the ground, and is hovering underneath the barrow. Console will be your friend then (if you're on pc), either go through the ground and pick it up, or just add it to your inventory.
mike

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:05 pm

And what if you go into sneak mode and point your mouse on every place under the table? I've had numerous times where certain items were either invisible or half glitched through the ground, but I could still take it the moment I saw its name appear on my mouse pointer. That, or it clipped through the ground, and is hovering underneath the barrow. Console will be your friend then (if you're on pc), either go through the ground and pick it up, or just add it to your inventory.

Thanks for the Advice.
I am using xbox.
I'll have a good look around again later.

It's driving me crazy though.....

:swear:
Isabell Hoffmann

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:39 am

I was placing the claw on a shelf in my house in Whiterun and had this happen when I accidentally dropped the claw and it fell into the fire. It took a while but I was finally able to find it but it wasn't visible. Crouch and slowly cover the entire floor area and all the corners and maybe you will be able to pull it back up.
Eileen Collinson

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:31 pm

I was placing the claw on a shelf in my house in Whiterun and had this happen when I accidentally dropped the claw and it fell into the fire. It took a while but I was finally able to find it but it wasn't visible. Crouch and slowly cover the entire floor area and all the corners and maybe you will be able to pull it back up.
Haha, yeah, that famous fire place. I use it to get rid of "dangerous" documents concerning the main quest etc. or simply notes I don't need anymore, like I've thrown it into the fire. I can always recover the papers 'though. If I manage to find it among all the others, because I threw in a ton of them. Nowadays they don't fall in the fire anymore, they bounce back a bit before settling in/under the fire.
Once I accidentally walked in the fire, and fell half through the ground. O_o Fortunately, I managed to jump out of it again.
Emma louise Wendelk

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:09 pm

Thanks for all the advice guys...

I FOUND IT!!

It was up on the chandelier in the room where windelius hung out!!!

Christ knows how it got there!!!!

Just glad I found it!!
Peetay

Return to V - Skyrim