Cannot get "Lost to the ages" quest to start!

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:29 am

So there I am enjoying my mostly bug free dawnguard experience when I get hit in the face with this! I learned about this quest online and when I opened the book (The Atherium wars) to start the quest, NOTHING HAPPENS! Oh, not a big deal right? Just go to the ruin and do the quest anyway right? Not exactly! I went to the ruin and talked to the ghost girl and that was all great, right up until she said,"Grab my journal, we're going to need it". So I search her body and guess what?! NO JOURNAL! Then, I was like, "Oh okay, guess that's no big deal" and tried to talk ghost girl again. Except this time, It locked my screen like I was talking to her, but there was no dialog options.

TL;DR- Quest won't start, Journal not on Ghost Girl

I'm certain this is a bug, but if anyone else is having the same problem as me, or has any suggestions, please comment!!
Sheeva

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:45 pm

I had the same problem for my character who sided with the Dawnguard and I tried the same things you did. On my Vampire, I was able to start it just fine.
Vera Maslar

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:57 pm

I was able to start the quest fine on my play through when I sided with the dawnguard, by my issue is I can't finish it.
Trent Theriot

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:10 am

Sorry dude, hope this gets fixed for you..
krystal sowten

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:18 pm

Try clearing the Xbox 360 cache and also remove Dawnguard from your 360. Once you've done that, redownload Dawnguard and make sure you're connected online to get the title update again.
SiLa

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:15 am

Same issue here both before and after clearing the cache and reinstalling Dawnguard (was actually doing it in order to try and fix a different problem).

If the info helps any, this was as my thiefy-werewolf with the Dawnguard (yet it worked fine for my mage-type guy who went vampire). I would've read the book within seconds of being let in to Dawnguard Keep (however on my mage-type I didn't read it until later, when I enter Castle V-something*) and it never updated in to a quest...

*Having said that, I'll head to Castle "V" now and have a look, see if it DOES trigger there... No :(
JUDY FIGHTS

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:59 pm

I have the same bug on my werewolf character on PC, the quest isn't triggered after reading the book and there's no journal in Kataria's corpse afterward...
Farrah Barry

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:06 pm

I have the same problem. The quest did not spawn. I went ahead and completed the dungeon and found all the shard fragments. When you go to the ruin to use the shard fragments, Katrina doesn't show up and when you click the Activate Mechanism to reforge the shards, nothing happens. You can't complete the quest because you cannot access the forge.
Petr Jordy Zugar

Return to V - Skyrim