Canonical Endings

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:29 pm

I keep reading people's complaints about canonical endings and how that messes up ones role play for the current game.

I have looked for these canon endings and have not found them - where are they established and how far back do they go? Do FO3 and NV have canon endings?

Thanks!
Yonah

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:27 am

The "Canon Ending" would be established by the next game(s). The original Fallouts and New Vegas have ending slides that would tell us the outcome of our actions. So when you play Fallout 2 which takes place after Fallout you can see what ending slides of Fallout ended up being the canon ones. An example is that The Master from Fallout was indeed destroyed.

Do Fallout 3 and New Vegas have canon endings? Well Fallout 3 has a canon ending and that is the Enclave were destroyed. We know this because the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 tells us things. Things such as using Adam's Air Force Base as their own base. Which they took over after the destroyed the Enclave. We also know that Liberty Prime was destroyed in Fallout 3.

New Vegas we don't have any information yet on which ending from that is canon. Same for Fallout Tactics.

Penny Courture

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:33 pm

Yea Fallout is one of those series where they choose to have canonical ending, it's been a common theme since the second game (Really wish they'd make Tactics have a canonical ending already, come on Bethesda)

They usually aren't announced until the game that makes them canon comes out.
james reed

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:13 am

I'd love to see one of those "pick your ending" approaches really work, but it never seems to.

Elder Scrolls is ambiguous and Mass Effect culminated in a choice of primary colors. Witcher 3 probably did it best, IMO, but it still left much to be desired and Bethesda are no CDPR.
Laura Simmonds

Return to Fallout Series Discussion