CANT BELIVE IT

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:02 am

i cant belive that i done the last ncr mission in vegas and it ended the game i still had loads of other missions to do. why did the programers dicide that you couldn't carrry on after to finish the other missoins what a stupid idea. hopefully the dlc will let me carry on with the story like the dlc for fallout 3?????????????????????????
Beulah Bell

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:40 pm

JESUS CHRIST USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION, HAPPY NEW YEAR, HOLY [censored]!
Waiting for lock.
Niisha

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:58 pm

Cheese and rice, Please use the search button, HAPPY NEW YEAR, Jolly Hits!
Waiting for lock.

Thats exactly how I felt.
Philip Rua

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:53 pm

if you cant be helpful just be quiet
Kahli St Dennis

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:58 pm

Okay, Want help?

It has been said there won't, there can't, and NEVER will be a DLC that lets you play after the ending.

Okay? okay.
Rhiannon Jones

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:26 pm

But there are tons of threads on this already. Also they said they aren't going to another Broken Steel stlye DLC.
Matt Gammond

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:51 pm

I don't even know where to begin....

1) It's been known since June that the game ends after the final mission.

2) There's this large dialogue box that pops up and says something like if you go past this point you can't go back and your game will end once you finish this mission.

3) There's been more trends in this forum than I can count about how the game ends at the last mission.

4) There's been more comments then I care to count from FONV developers stating that there will be no DLCs that will extend the game.

5) "dicide" is actually spelled decide

6) The game is setup so you can't do everything or complete everything in one play through. The choices you make in the beginning actually effect things you can do later on. It's called replayability.
Symone Velez

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:05 am

And again, it's your own fault for not reading the final pop-up.

And yet again, Obsidian, make the final pop-up window non-clickable for 15 to 30 seconds.
Shirley BEltran

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:46 am

And yet again, Obsidian, make the final pop-up window non-clickable for 15 to 30 seconds.

One day people will understand that this is a good idea. One day...

Anyway before this threads gets locked have a :mage:
Kristina Campbell

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:24 am

This.

I forgot to say that your supposed to read my earlier post with Clark Griswalls voice.
..xX Vin Xx..

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:15 pm

This.

As for how long the pop-up stays up, most newer players don't even notice it because their mind is so focused on "OMG I NEEDZ ACTIONZ AND GORE NAO" that they're too busy smashing the A button until it goes away, their eyes focusing on something else because of their ADHD.
Lisha Boo

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:12 pm

Good, idea. Just long enough for a pee break. I like this. Oh, and it might help responses like the OP, also. (the delay in the window, not the pee break. Actually I don't know. Maybe they could use both :hubbahubba: )

OT: What are you looking for? Commiseration? Please understand that while you joined this board today, most of everyone else has been here for a while. Look at the join dates for the responders to your rant. If anyone seems a little curt with the sentiment of your post, it's because we've seen posts like this daily for 2 months. Normally helpful and compassionate posters can sometimes get inured to something like this. It's not directed at you personally. We understand your displeasure, generally speaking, but as pointed out above, it's not exactly "Eyes Only: Top Secret" stuff that the game would end. I point you to the poster that mentioned re-playability: You now have the opportunity to start up a new character and see how the folks on the other side of the fence live. I recommend this. Change your build. I'm currently play a 1 intelligence character just to hear all the funny dialog that a low IQ player gets. Do something different, and this time, save before the ending.

-Gunny out.
lydia nekongo

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:28 am

This.

As for how long the pop-up stays up, most newer players don't even notice it because their mind is so focused on "OMG I NEEDZ ACTIONZ AND GORE NAO" that they're too busy smashing the A button until it goes away, their eyes focusing on something else because of their ADHD.

And they do this to the tune of "YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND BABY, RIGHT ROUND LIKE A RECORD BABY, YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND BABY RIGHT ROUND LIKE A RECORD BABY, LIKE A RECORD BABY.."
Harry Leon

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:19 pm

If anyone seems a little curt with the sentiment of your post, it's because we've seen posts like this daily for 2 months.

-Gunny out.

I think these types of threads have been for more than 2 months. Maybe since june or whenever it was confirmed.
Jaylene Brower

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:16 pm

I think these types of threads have been for more than 2 months. Maybe since june or whenever it was confirmed.

The difference was, in those threads, the posters knew the deal, and were just complaining about the fact. Since release, the threads have been of posters ignorant of the fact, ranting in surprise of an ending that was well forwarned. HUGE difference.

-Gunny out.
An Lor

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:33 pm

And they will keep on coming believe me. How the hell do people miss that giant of a pop-up anyway? I mean say you misclicked the first time. You'd reload and read the damn thing right? Not like there would be a tutorial message that far into the game :facepalm:
Shannon Lockwood

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:25 pm

And they will keep on coming believe me. How the hell do people miss that giant of a pop-up anyway? I mean say you misclicked the first time. You'd reload and read the damn thing right? Not like there would be a tutorial message that far into the game :facepalm:

Exactly. I don't even want to give credence to the complaint by suggesting that maybe the pop up should last longer. All that comes to mind every time is "fail".
YO MAma

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:24 pm

I can't imagine anything being more obvious than the impending end of the game. If you disagree that it ends that's one thing, but to not be aware of it is just hilarious at this point.
Scarlet Devil

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:47 pm

I can't imagine anything being more obvious than the impending end of the game. If you disagree that it ends that's one thing, but to not be aware of it is just hilarious at this point.

You know what they need to do?

When you are one quest away from the end of the game, they should make the game spawn NPCs with cardboard signs saying "THE END IS NEAR."
jadie kell

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:45 pm

When you are one quest away from the end of the game, they should make the game spawn NPCs with cardboard signs saying "THE END IS NEAR."

Is there a "peeing my pants laughing" emoticon? :rofl:
daniel royle

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:53 pm

Damn man I nearly washed my laptop with coke :lmao:
naome duncan

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:25 am

this is what happens when bethesda streamlines games too much. You have people who can't read the freaking "SAVE BEFORE YOU DO THIS MISSION!" warning.
April

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:52 pm

Is there a "peeing my pants laughing" emoticon? :rofl:

Nope, but they have this.. :bunny: I think that will suffice.

now all I need is someone to quote my post and the world will be mine... mwahhaha
Emma Parkinson

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:12 pm

Nope, but they have this.. :bunny: I think that will suffice.

now all I need is someone to quote my post and the world will be mine... mwahhaha

I want spain!
Jessica Stokes

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:56 am

Just be sure to bring the tea and crumpets this time, Alaska forgot to bring it last time.
Erich Lendermon

Next

Return to Fallout: New Vegas