I cant help the beggers

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:07 am

No matter how much money i give the beggers they wont go buy themselves some food or a nice shirt!

I could give them thousands and they'd still go around begging in there rags, im starting to think they like living in squalor and Filth!

Seriosly if there going to keep begging no matter how much money i give them they can rot!

I'm not being a scrooge but seriosly if i give them a million gold they continue to live in horrible conditions!
ONLY ME!!!!

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:20 am

You could always just put them out of your misery...
Ben sutton

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:44 am

I daresay they spend it on mead ;)
BlackaneseB

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:06 pm

I agree. There are lots of empty interactions like this. One of my (least) favorite is the guards that ask if I can enchant their sword for them. I would certainly love to, but uh... I can't.

Also, there are several shop owners that really really wish I would buy something so that they could afford to do [something]. I would be perfectly happy to finance that [thing] if there was a way to. One lady wants to buy a particular Inn. Why can't I loan her the money and watch the Inn change ownership?

Another lady wants to open a shop, then become a caravaneer some day (Ysolda). I got her the mammoth tusk, but nothing ever happens with it. Annoyingly, I wish I could help her set up a shop.

Birna, in Winterhold, wants to make enough money to move. I wish I could help her too.

A lady in Kyne's Grove wants a new mill, because she can't cut down any trees at her current one. I would loan her the money to do it if I could.

In Riften, the Light Armor lady wants to get out of Skyrim. She's rude, I wish she would get out. But alas, I can't help her either.

I could go on and on and on. I wish Bethesda would fill in some of these gaps.
bonita mathews

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:05 am

It's not good, is it? I am one of those who are quite happy to play with any mechanics if the world is there. I don't really give a damn about spellmaking, how many attributes there are or how high we can jump, I really thought with all the talk of economies, sabotage, different reputations in different holds and friendship and marriage, that the 'world' of the npcs would make such concerns redundant. Don't get me wrong, I love this game, I just feel the complexity and numbers were sacrificed at the wrong altar, that of 'epic' audio-visual action, rather than that of role playing.
Monika

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:15 am

That beggar in Windhelm, Silda the Unseen, must be one of the richest people in Skyrim now.
I trained my lockpicking skill with her up to about 60.

Edit: I mean pickpocketing
Andrea P

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:19 am

That beggar in Windhelm, Silda the Unseen, must be one of the richest people in Skyrim now.
I trained my lockpicking skill with her up to about 60.

She also always carries around 500 gold. She's probably a Thalmor or an Imperial spy.
Vickey Martinez

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:05 pm

ah you get a perk when you help them
it increases your speech
last about an hour
Michelle Smith

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:39 pm

ah you get a perk when you help them
it increases your speech
last about an hour

Gift of Charity you mean?
Leah

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:47 am

Also, there are several shop owners that really really wish I would buy something so that they could afford to do [something]. I would be perfectly happy to finance that [thing] if there was a way to. One lady wants to buy a particular Inn. Why can't I loan her the money and watch the Inn change ownership?

I'm pretty sure that if you kill the current inn owner she does actually take over.
Arrogant SId

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:33 pm

No matter how much money i give the beggers they wont go buy themselves some food or a nice shirt!

I could give them thousands and they'd still go around begging in there rags, im starting to think they like living in squalor and Filth!

Seriosly if there going to keep begging no matter how much money i give them they can rot!

I'm not being a scrooge but seriosly if i give them a million gold they continue to live in horrible conditions!
They'll probably use your coin for skooma.
Eileen Collinson

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:29 pm

I agree. There are lots of empty interactions like this. One of my (least) favorite is the guards that ask if I can enchant their sword for them. I would certainly love to, but uh... I can't.

Another lady wants to open a shop, then become a caravaneer some day (Ysolda). I got her the mammoth tusk, but nothing ever happens with it. Annoyingly, I wish I could help her set up a shop.

Birna, in Winterhold, wants to make enough money to move. I wish I could help her too.

A lady in Kyne's Grove wants a new mill, because she can't cut down any trees at her current one. I would loan her the money to do it if I could.

In Riften, the Light Armor lady wants to get out of Skyrim. She's rude, I wish she would get out. But alas, I can't help her either.

I could go on and on and on. I wish Bethesda would fill in some of these gaps.

It's one of my gripes with the game. I get it, its a hard life and all, but there are no 'happy endings', no matter what you do. if you need to find somebody's sisiter, she is dead in a lake, a husband, crushed under a rock in a mine. Oh by the way, I looted his body and you can't have any of it to help you out now. The only feel good momenst are from killing bad things, not from doing a good action.
katie TWAVA

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:08 am

You could always reverse pickpocket them and place food and drink in their inventory... or poison.
Rachel Eloise Getoutofmyface

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:59 am

Console command some noble robes on 'em?
Or maybe just smack 'em in the face with a well placed mace.
Either way, they're not going to change.

Odds are they're taking all the gold an buying skooma anyway.
Karen anwyn Green

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:15 pm

While I tihnk some of the consequences mentioned here would be good, I'm not sure we need some of them. For example, say I give a beggar a load of money. What do they do with it? There's only one spare house in most cities, so the beggar, while rich, has to stay on the streets.

I don't think we can ask for too much change in the world unless its specifically quest related. However, I'd appreciaite it if the beggar's had some memory over whether I'd given them something before. Likewise, I'd like it if traders kept a tally of accumulated gold, and new items were opened up the more you bough off them - so it was effectively like they were buying better stock with the money you were giving them. I'm not sure that would be difficult to implement.
dav

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:47 am

I don't think we can ask for too much change in the world unless its specifically quest related. However, I'd appreciaite it if the beggar's had some memory over whether I'd given them something before. Likewise, I'd like it if traders kept a tally of accumulated gold, and new items were opened up the more you bough off them - so it was effectively like they were buying better stock with the money you were giving them. I'm not sure that would be difficult to implement.

I like these ideas.
It would be nice if you saw a beggar go to an inn to buy mead after youve given them money, or if youve given them over a certain threshold next time you see them they are wearing a commoner outfit instead of a ragged one.
matt oneil

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:46 pm

1 change we can make is help a couple get together and move towns :banana:
annoying they don't have anywhere to live when they move so they just hang around the market day and night :angry:
remi lasisi

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:54 am

I'm pretty sure that if you kill the current inn owner she does actually take over.

do it
Miss Hayley

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:22 am

As to the beggars, I view it as how it is in real life. You may give them a septim, but how many others do? Do they make enough to get out of begging? Most likely, they have no intention of giving up begging. One of the richest men in Singapore was/is a beggar. I view Silda the Unseen as someone like him. You know she has serious pickpocketing skill and that she uses it. There are too many people in the world who would rather beg than work a "real job".
Craig Martin

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:23 am

The problem is you can't give them enough nor is there a house for sale.
Music Show

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:23 am

The problem is you can't give them enough nor is there a house for sale.

it's because you're selfish and bought ALL THE HOUSES IN SKYRIM.

now NOBODY gets to live inside but you.
darnell waddington

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:00 pm

they are flithy thieves anyways. i always make the spit sound while walking pass them, of course wearing only the most noble clothes.
Eddie Howe

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:46 pm

Would be cool if you could give them other items instead of just coins. Like cloths or Food etc...
Louise Lowe

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:04 pm

These little things would be good for a low level character to earn a few extra coins, a guard comments "Dull old blade can barely cut butter." and the player could respond "I could fix that for a small fee."

Some smithing jobs are in order too, just to make the world seem fuller. Approach a blacksmith, ask for work and they could respond. "I just got an order I could use some assistance with." then "Can you smith [X amount] of [item] for me, and improve them if you can."
Tanya Parra

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:15 pm

Actually the girl is kinda cute (for someone from Skryim) and the guy looks like a real dirt bag. I'd prefer he meets a quick end and add the girl to the marriage faction. Then I can take her out of town.

Oh, and you can add this to the list of things NPC's don't do. Go marry a girl who is a miner and she will forever wear her mining clothes and carry a pick axe, even though you moved her into the most expensive house in the land and have more gold than the Empire itself.
Laura Ellaby

Next

Return to V - Skyrim