caught in the hunt quest

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:07 am

I killed Kurdan and took everything from his body and Alerons body and returned to Bravil. I'm unable to get Ursanne 's acknowledgement to complete this quest.. Am I forgetting something? Thanks
Emzy Baby!

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:47 pm

It sounds like you may have this situation (quoted from the UESP):
It is possible to kill Kurdan, search his body, retrieve the key, and open the outer gate but you never receive the next quest update; you are unable to finish the quest. This bug can be triggered if you decide to pickpocket the key off Kurdan before killing him, if you kill him with an attack or a spell that makes him fly into the air and then search him before he hits the ground, or are too close to him and retrieve the key from his corpse before the quest update that appears when he's dead.

* PC users can use the Console and type setStage MS08 90 in order to get the next journal entry.
* PS3 and Xbox360 users need to wait for the journal update where you're asked to search his body for the real key. After this update you can search the body, take the key and you will receive the next update.
* PC Only This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.

Claudia Cook

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:31 pm

I once broke this quest by stealing the key from the orc before killing him. The quest couldn't update because the key wasn't on his corpse, I put it on his corpse and took it back it still wouldn't update.
Katey Meyer

Return to IV - Oblivion