Character concept help?

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 11:47 pm

Hey guys, thanks in advance for your time and help. I've been struggling with a character concept lately and want your opinions. I've always loved Maormer lore in TES games and since we cannot play as one, I've figured a way around it. The first concept I made was a breton with a touch of sea elf blood, giving him an affinity for sailing and weather magic. Later though, I decided an altmer with sea elf blood would work too, because such a thing could marginalize him from regular altmer society, giving a great reason for him to become an adventurer. I can't decide between which of the two to roll! On one hand I like the breton for a traditional human appearance but I'm constantly drawn towards the elf for more nature themes and being closer to a maormer concept. I don't know, any thoughts guys?
Bethany Short

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 7:03 pm

I'd opt for the High Elf myself, mainly because the concept would require me to think further "outside the box" than a human character. The Breton would probably be easier from a mental standpoint, because his/her motivations would be closer to your own, and easier to relate to. The High Elf would present more of a challenge, but could potentially be more interesting.

Both the toughest and mot rewarding character I've RP'ed was an Argonian, and it changed the way I viewed humanity and its pre-conceived notions. Having to "unthink" all of the things that we take for granted as warm-blooded creatures, and all of the mammalian characteristics, and view the universe from a reptilian perspective, forced me to see a lot of things differently, and understand WHY people do the things they do.

Ultimately, it all comes down to how much you're willing to put into it, and how much you expect to get out of it. Either that, or some people just have more of an affinity for one or the other.

Jack

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 9:14 pm

i'd vote for altmer. maybe give it a nice dark tan, sea-blown hairdo, and a pirate looking outfit complete with bandanna and cutlass. haha.

Lewis Morel

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 7:09 pm

Thank you both so much! I will stick with the Altmer, it will be fun and a good challenge to learn the character and his motivations from an Altmer point of view. Also a big YES to the pirate theme idea!! I will have to consider argonians too, I'm not going to lie your experience with them inspires me to try the same. Once again, thanks so much guys! I appreciate it. :)
Sweet Blighty

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion