Charging Laser Rifle

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:04 am

Guys it's pretty strange but, there's no mention of this weapon at all on the Wiki - it's as if it doesn't even exist!
But I notice it has way higher damage than other lasers.
I thought it was maybe one of those weapons that get stronger if you hold the trigger, but I'm not sure...

I have dozens and dozens of Legendary weapons in my storage chest in Home Plate.
But I've never seen any kind of Legendary charging laser. :(
Anyone?
neen

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:13 am

It's just a Laser Rifle. There's a mod you attach to give it the "Charging" prefix, although I haven't a clue which one it is. I rarely mod energy weapons....

Romy Welsch

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:58 pm

You sure you aren't confusing the Laser Rifle with the Laser MUSKET?

Tiffany Castillo

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:54 pm

I think I got an incendiary charging laser rifle off a gunner inside gunners plaza.

Ria dell

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:47 am

Unlike Ballistic Weapons, both the Capacitor and the Barrel affect the damage of Energy Weapons. In addition, the Barrel also determines how the weapon functions. The Charging prefix indicates that the weapon has the basic Sniper Barrel. Since the Sniper Barrel is obviously meant for Sniping, equipping a Laser with it drastically increases the weapon's damage. In exchange, the Sniper Barrel also decreases the weapon's mag size considerably. So while you're doing more damage per shot, you're having to reload more often.

Honestly, the Laser Musket makes a better Laser Sniper Rifle, as it does significantly more damage than you'd expect (8.5x listed damage at 5 cranks, for example). However, the Laser Musket tends to eat through your ammo. If that's an issue, the Laser weapon modded with the Improved Sniper Barrel will give you solid damage and performance while only using one round per shot.
Tom

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:45 am

Charging Laser Rifle = a Laser Rifle + "sniper" barrel .... for example : a Laser Rifle + short barrel = Short Laser Rifle

sniper barrel = high damage , low fire rate , low clip size ( use if u want to snipe ) ( benefits from Rifleman perk )

automatic barrel = lower damage , high fire rate , high clip ( use for close quarters ) ( benefits from Commando perk )

Antonio Gigliotta

Return to Fallout 4