Chickens STILL detect crimes

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am

I received a bounty after helping myself to some items lying around Riverwood. Apparently I was detected, since I gained a bounty and a small girl voice claimed "You can't take that". I spent several minutes searching for whoever managed to detect me, but quite literally the only living thing wandering around (it was night) was a chicken - there WAS no small girl. Attacking the chicken resulted in an immediate bounty gain, killing it removed ALL bounties, the message stating 'Last Witness Killed.' While this is amusing, the idea of some sort of super chicken being aware of criminal actions needs to be addressed. Playing the updated Steam version.

Thanks.
Ruben Bernal

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 4:49 am

That's hilarious. Also dissapointing.
Guinevere Wood

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 10:34 am

Actually, after 20 further minutes of searching the town, I found a small girl hiding under some stairs. This still leaves me confused over why killing the chicken removed my bounties. So good news and bad.
jessica Villacis

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 1:16 am

So the legendary Minecraft spy chicken made it into Skyrim?
Bee Baby

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 2:37 am

So the legendary Minecraft spy chicken made it into Skyrim?

Looks like we better watch our backs around lava!
Matt Bigelow

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 9:30 am

not only chickens, even dogs, lol
Ashley Clifft

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 2:09 am

Actually, after 20 further minutes of searching the town, I found a small girl hiding under some stairs. This still leaves me confused over why killing the chicken removed my bounties. So good news and bad.

Ah well that explains everything...the answer is quite simple really. Its quite obvious that this cunning little chicken was in the midst of stealing large quantities of grain from a nearby shed when you wandered by illegally helping yourself to everything else the town had to offer. The criminal coq --- startled by your sudden appearance, saw the perfect oppurtunity to pin his petty theft on you, and being a master of illusion as this feathered fiend was, he took control of a young Nord girl's mind as she played carelessly down by the river. In a state of 'fowl' possession the little girl was commanded into the shadows near your location and forced to cry out her accusing remark -- never actually witnessing the crime herself. Having served her purpose, the renegade rooster relinquished his 'fowl' grip on the girl, leaving her shocked, sobbing and cowering under the flight of stairs where you later found her. Meanwhile, the devious bird; feeling quite proud of the panic he had caused you, strutted about clucking and laughing, while you tried to figure out what the hell was going on.
Cesar Gomez

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 7:50 am

This is just like real life! Goddam chickeeeens!
Dj Matty P

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 1:35 pm

Do the chickens have police uniforms on?
Julia Schwalbe

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 6:58 am

Do the chickens have police uniforms on?
Now I know what my first texture mod will be. :)
sam westover

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 12:32 am

Sapient chickens? But this isn't Fable 3! o___O

Skyrim have some neat bugs, like being killed by a giant and thrown into the sky à lá Team Rocket, or putting buckets on people's head to avoid being seen commiting crimes… but snitching chickens shouldn't be one. Chickens are too delicious for that.
kevin ball

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 6:52 am

Wolves also detect and report crimes, strangely. I attacked and killed a traveler, and didn't get the bounty removed until some wolves who saw it were killed.
cutiecute

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Here's what I don't understand. According to http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/05/todd-howard-on-chickens-reporting-crimes-in-skyrim/, they've known about this bug since the first of October at least:

PC Gamer: “Can you think of anything you’ve seen Radiant Story do that’s surprised you?”

Todd Howard: Let’s see… something that was good lately… but this was a bug – lately we realised that chickens were reporting crimes. I found that very funny. That was just last week: “Why are we getting caught?” “Oh, the CHICKENS are reporting the crimes!”

PC Gamer: (Laughs) If there’s some way that could be made clear to the player, that’d be a great feature.

Todd Howard: That actually took us a while to track down, that bug. Like, “Why is this happening?” (Laughs)

Laughs. Pretty funny. Glad you tracked it down. So... why did you not fix it then?
Yvonne

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 10:19 pm

Ah well that explains everything...the answer is quite simple really. Its quite obvious that this cunning little chicken was in the midst of stealing large quantities of grain from a nearby shed when you wandered by illegally helping yourself to everything else the town had to offer. The criminal coq --- startled by your sudden appearance, saw the perfect oppurtunity to pin his petty theft on you, and being a master of illusion as this feathered fiend was, he took control of a young Nord girl's mind as she played carelessly down by the river. In a state of 'fowl' possession the little girl was commanded into the shadows near your location and forced to cry out her accusing remark -- never actually witnessing the crime herself. Having served her purpose, the renegade rooster relinquished his 'fowl' grip on the girl, leaving her shocked, sobbing and cowering under the flight of stairs where you later found her. Meanwhile, the devious bird; feeling quite proud of the panic he had caused you, strutted about clucking and laughing, while you tried to figure out what the hell was going on.
Absolutely brilliant.
jodie

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 12:37 pm

This bug is hilarious. I can't bring myself to take issue with it, I love the fact that chickenkind is protecting Skyrim from evildoers. Next thing we know there'll be a chicken uprising, riots in the roosts and one fateful day, the chicken leader will be born... and after the battles, henceforth his name shall be known accross the realm as the one true leader, emperor and chicken supreme ruler of all.

All hail Chick Norris. :spotted owl:
Elizabeth Davis

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 8:37 am

That bug is annoying and not funny in the slightest after you assassinated someone and the bounty doesnt go away because some random critter observed you.

They shouldve fixed it. Bugs are not funny.
Max Van Morrison

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 4:52 am

Oooooooh....... thats why...
RObert loVes MOmmy

Return to V - Skyrim