Close shut the Jaws, the Dragons of Unrest.

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:19 am

I've seen some people come a bit irked by V's Setting in Skyrim, myself included :D

"Ice and snow Woo hoo."

"Cliche'd"

"lower representation of races"

My friends Skyrim is as Varied and volitile place as one would ever want it to be :D

Skyrim is one of the most powerful provinces in Tamriel, coupled with the fact that its Territories consist of Areas wrestled away from Hammer fell and Highrock, we can be sure there will be more than just *ice and Snow* :D most of you probably already know a distinct settlement of Dunmer will be up and about, even more so I feel in V. Winterhold located on the northeast is highly influenced by Dunmeri culture oddly enough or not so much since it sits on the borders.

regions of Skyrim do under go weather patterns beyond snow :D and has had their share of Droughts, Fires, and floods :D remember, this region is ripe with mountains, and mountains bring wtf weather :D in addition to the Ocean to the north.

-Question-

has anyone noticed that all provinces in Tameriel have only about 8-10 cities? lol

the thread can use addition concerns layed to rest as well if anyone feels the need.
lexy

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

I'm actually excited about the location. I dig on the Nord culture, I think it'll be an awesome game. Furhtermore, Beth can do so much when dealing with a rim territory. Ice and snow can make for a cool setting anyway.
Loane

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:39 am

One thing to note was the Skyrim did get kicked in the head by the Daedra invasion, so lookforwad to see some aftermath.
Poetic Vice

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:51 am

we don't even really know what the storyline is, all that we have is speculation
Taylah Illies

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:43 am

Of course we dont :D but this took place, after the daedric invasions. its the tradition of The TES series, and it says so in the trailer.
!beef

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:48 am

yeh I kinda worded that wrong I mean we don't know how long it is after the crisis

didn't they say a while ago 200 years?
Jade Muggeridge

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:20 pm

One thing to note was the Skyrim did get kicked in the head by the Daedra invasion, so lookforwad to see some aftermath.

You know, for some obscure reason, I had the feeling that the Daedric Invasion only happened in Cyrodiil. Until now. It's probably because no one mentioned anybody else being invaded in the game.
Robert DeLarosa

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

yeh I kinda worded that wrong I mean we don't know how long it is after the crisis

didn't they say a while ago 200 years?

Pretty sure that's the popular rumor at the moment.

I don't think anything's confirmed yet though.

You know, for some obscure reason, I had the feeling that the Daedric Invasion only happened in Cyrodiil. Until now. It's probably because no one mentioned anybody else being invaded in the game.

It was mentioned, but only in passing. It could have been acknowledged better, IMO.
Yung Prince

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:41 am

actually it is mentioned ingame :D

Morrowind and Summerset are called out by name, Ald-ruhn is gone and there is no contact with summerset....which is really obscure and doesnt make sense that the average joe/jane would know of such.

I've never caught wind of the amount of time that has passed between this and IV, I know the books are 200 years but I don't believe V is.
Eoh

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:57 am

You can hear about it in NPC conversations. Skyrim gets pretty ravaged, in Morrowind, Ald'ruhn gets obliterated. You learn in the book that Black Marsh actually repelled Dagon completely.
Julie Ann

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:55 am

Morrowind was invaded, and Vivec was taken by the Daedra. According to The Infernal City, Black Marsh was also invaded by the Daedra, but the Argonians drove them back.

Interestingly, I heard that Morrowind was under attack by the Nords of Skyrim in one of the rumours in Oblivion. I wonder how they did that while their homeland was under attack. :unsure2:
sarah

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:29 pm

"My friends Skyrim is as Varied and volitile place as one would ever want it to be

Skyrim is one of the most powerful provinces in Tamriel, coupled with the fact that its Territories consist of Areas wrestled away from Hammer fell and Highrock, we can be sure there will be more than just *ice and Snow* most of you probably already know a distinct settlement of Dunmer will be up and about, even more so I feel in V. Winterhold located on the northeast is highly influenced by Dunmeri culture oddly enough or not so much since it sits on the borders.

regions of Skyrim do under go weather patterns beyond snow and has had their share of Droughts, Fires, and floods remember, this region is ripe with mountains, and mountains bring wtf weather in addition to the Ocean to the north."
How is this bad?
Jynx Anthropic

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:12 am

everything after my friends........that was me saying its awesome....not bad...
Jade Payton

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:59 am

Look at pictures of Russia during the summer. It is a country most famous for its harsh winters, yet during the summer months it is one of the most varied and beautiful places in the world, especially Siberia.
Kayla Oatney

Return to V - Skyrim