Colonel Autumn - wth?

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:45 pm

Okay so some of you guys told me to *speak* to Autumn at the end?? I never got a speech check option, he just basically said 'rofl, die'?? Did I do something wrong or what??

Edit: the wiki said I can also use the fact I blew Eden up as a different speech check, but that didn't appear either!
Mark Hepworth

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:28 am

You have to say "Give it up Autumn, you've lost" or something. That's one of the first options.
CArlos BArrera

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:12 am

Lol, i've always hated that guy.
Tom Flanagan

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:21 pm

I will try that right now. Ofc I reloaded. :D
Anna Beattie

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:20 pm

I will try that right now. Ofc I reloaded. :D

bittercup, i let him go at the end sometimes, although its nice to have his stuff.
Chloe Yarnall

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:31 am

Lol, i've always hated that guy.

BEST USERNAME EVER, SIR.

bittercup, i let him go at the end sometimes, although its nice to have his stuff.

I found it!! Let him go, but god I can't believe Charon. Just at the exact moment I DIED he says 'Be cautious'. Up yours, buddy.
Felix Walde

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:19 am

BEST USERNAME EVER, SIR.

I found it!! Let him go, but god I can't believe Charon. Just at the exact moment I DIED he says 'Be cautious'. Up yours, buddy.

Lol, thanks
Kayleigh Mcneil

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:27 am

God I can't believe Charon. Just at the exact moment I DIED he says 'Be cautious'. Up yours, buddy.

Fawkes said we must walk softly when I died...him and Charon were the followers mabye it was to be nice? Now for your case, l0l. He just kind of grumbles a lot for me -.-

Kill colonel Autumn he's an @$$hole
kyle pinchen

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:19 pm

Maybe now you'll see the good in Autumn, and understand where a lot of people are coming from.
SWagg KId

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:39 am

Maybe now you'll see the good in Autumn, and understand where a lot of people are coming from.

The only good things in Autumn are made of lead and copper, and they weren't there until I put them there. :D
SiLa

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:50 pm

The only good things in Autumn are made of lead and copper, and they weren't there until I put them there. :D

Nonsense.

And I'm surprised you didn't mention the suit. Everyone loves the damn suit. To be fair, it's the only logical reason to kill him along with his laser pistol, but even that was nerfed with Broken Steel, so...
RAww DInsaww

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:36 am

He'd have been a total sweetheart if he wasn't so crazy. I got what he was saying before, I just didn't agree with his methods - I still don't, but walking out of Raven Rock after talking to Eden really gives you a sense of the pressure and claustophobia in the place. Plus, Eden talks to him like he's [censored].
His accent makes me giggle. XD

EPIC QUOTE. If that fits, it's going in my signature.
Kaylee Campbell

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:22 am

Amp up your Speech Skill and Charisma.

Perhaps you'll actually come to your senses for once, and not be all "HE IZ BAD GAI BECUZ GAME TOLD ME HE IZ DUHUHUHUH"

:P
OTTO

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:30 am

Nonsense.

Semi-true, I suppose...anytime I've eradicated him with the Metal Blaster it didn't leave anything in him. Or much of him for that matter. ;)

And I'm surprised you didn't mention the suit. Everyone loves the damn suit.

Meh. Not quite everyone. To each their own to be sure, but it don't do much for me. :shrug:

To be fair, it's the only logical reason to kill him along with his laser pistol, but even that was nerfed with Broken Steel, so...

Oh, there's another logical reason- it has to do with him being bat-[censored] crazy. I see what he claims to stand for- but there's still more Looney Tunes there than in the Warner Brothers vaults with a take like "I'm going to save America, if I have to kill every person in it one at a time to do it!"

XDEPIC QUOTE. If that fits, it's going in my signature.

I've been sigged! :celebration:
Jeff Tingler

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:24 am

Oh, there's another logical reason- it has to do with him being bat-[censored] crazy. I see what he claims to stand for- but there's still more Looney Tunes there than in the Warner Brothers vaults with a take like "I'm going to save America, if I have to kill every person in it one at a time to do it!"

If he kills the right people, he's doing the right thing.
kasia

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:49 pm

If he kills the right people, he's doing the right thing.

Operative term: if. There was no reason whatsoever to kill Janice Kaplinski. The man has gone completely over the edge and nominated himself judge, jury, executioner, and Grand Inquisitor. He's little more than an insolent greedy child with an advlt body and a gun, throwing tantrums and smashing things and killing people when things don't go to his liking.
Ash

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:08 am

I always kill him because he is carrying a unique weapon & clothing but he always falls into the water below him and I can't get to his corpse. :(
GabiiE Liiziiouz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:05 am

Operative term: if. There was no reason whatsoever to kill Janice Kaplinski. The man has gone completely over the edge and nominated himself judge, jury, executioner, and Grand Inquisitor. He's little more than an insolent greedy child with an advlt body and a gun, throwing tantrums and smashing things and killing people when things don't go to his liking.

Personality, man. Its cool. :disguise:
Kyra

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:23 am

Autumn himself isn't perfect. But I believe his goals are. Killing Janice was a childish move, but it was the only way to get James to comply. Imagine: the Enclave, Dr. Li and James working together on the Purifier -- it would have been beautiful.

And congrats on being sigged. :icecream:
Nomee

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:26 am

One person or the Capital Wasteland.

Which would you pick?
Marie

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:18 pm

One person or the Capital Wasteland.

Which would you pick?

The device Augustus was trying to seize control of was designed, built, and would eventually have been put into operation by others without his megalomaniacal interference. They did all the work anyway. His involvement produced nothing- let me repeat, nothing- but needless deaths and conflict. They didn't need his help, nor did he offer any at any point.

Your choice's options are null and void, the Purifier would have been completed and made functional without Autumn's interference. It would probably have been done more quickly, and would most definitely have occurred with fewer lives lost.
ladyflames

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:43 am

^ ^ ^ Well put. I'm just bummed about the always falling in the water thing. I think my LW would look pretty sharp in his trenchcoat, but I can never retrieve it. :sadvaultboy:
Stephy Beck

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:45 am

^ ^ ^ Well put. I'm just bummed about the always falling in the water thing. I think my LW would look pretty sharp in his trenchcoat, but I can never retrieve it. :sadvaultboy:

Best way to get it is to put on the CSS and get into the Memorial before you trigger "Take it Back!".....there are spots you can wiggle your way inside. Then sneak inside and reverse-pickpocket a new outfit and gun onto Autumn. Once he equips them pickpocket his pistol and the coat then leave. Whatever you do, don't come out of sneak mode inside the purifier or you'll trigger the final scene. Then do Take it Back as normal without having to worry about what happens to him.
Silvia Gil

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:07 am

Let him live. Then when he walks away, kill him before he exits.
Tom Flanagan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:32 am

The device Augustus was trying to seize control of was designed, built, and would eventually have been put into operation by others without his megalomaniacal interference. They did all the work anyway. His involvement produced nothing- let me repeat, nothing- but needless deaths and conflict. They didn't need his help, nor did he offer any at any point.

Your choice's options are null and void, the Purifier would have been completed and made functional without Autumn's interference. It would probably have been done more quickly, and would most definitely have occurred with fewer lives lost.

His goal isn't to make the Purifier work, it's to use it to the benefit of the Enclave, of America. Once the Enclave are acknowledged as the sovereign rulers of the Wastes, real progress can be made. They would never have been able to do it alone, Doctor Li went to BoS for help, and thus got it. If they instead appealed to Enclave, the entire country would get clean water rather than just the Wasteland. All BoS have are Brahmin. Enclave have Vertibirds, they could have delivered water virtually anywhere in the country.
LittleMiss

Next

Return to Fallout 3