Combat and more

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:39 am

What do you think the combat system will be like from ranged, magic, and melee.

I'm also hoping for levitate to come back.

Maybe some kind of free running system like assassin's creed but for obvious reasons not as in depth. It might help things like stealing, murder, and dragon slaying.
Jessica Thomson

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:59 am

For this free running many people are suggesting a climb feature, and I can't think how that would ruin the game at all, as long as it is done well, I am defiantly for. Levitate is also a must as long as they keep the city's out of their own cell. Morrowind had great caves simply because they felt big, and had to be explored using levitate in places. For magic I want each spell to feel unique, instead of an orange ball, a blue ball, a red ball and some electricity, and I don't like the hand over head as your hand glows animation particularly either. The melee combat felt fine in oblivion, although the reach system could be improved as I was once obviously way out of a bandits reach (standing on a piller) but he still hurt me, of course my feeble shortsword could not reach him, but that is what made me switch to claymores, and since I don't like shields, not that I found them badly made, just didn't like them, a claymore was probably best. for ranged combat I want throwing weapons aswell as crossbows, longbows, shortbows, recurve bows andI want enchanted arrows to actually display an animation e.g. a fire enchanted arrow would actually have the tip alive with green flames (to show it's magical ).
James Baldwin

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:04 am

Yea to me levitate/climb/free run kinda go hand and hand to me. Climbing is the theifs levitate. I don't see how they would ruin/break the game also.
Natalie Harvey

Return to V - Skyrim