Community Quests.

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:36 pm

Welcome Adventurer!

We all know that there's gonna be a lot of quests to do in Skyrim, but this particular thread is for YOU to accept a Quest from the Community, and also propose a Quest to another!

This means that when you start your character in Skyrim, you could possibly already have stuff to do, or it could mean that when you've done everything in Skyrim, you will still have stuff to do.

The aren't any particular rules, although making impossible missions might not be the best thing to do.

You can make your mission open to anyone, or to specific characters. You can make only one person able to accept it or just a quest that is open to acceptance all the time.

Obviously we don't know much about Skyrim, so something might seem possible but end up being impossible, but this is for you to find out!

My Quest:

I hate Racist Bastards, they are bound to be in Skyrim, you mission is to Kill 5 Racists. You must provide evidence that they are racists, and subsequently that you killed them, or that they're life have ended.

Restrictions:
None. All can accept.

Summary:

• Kill 5 Racists.
  • Provide Evidence of their Racism, and that their life has ended.

Who will accept this righteous task?
ladyflames

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:42 am

I will except! Then reload.
Emma Pennington

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:24 am

Eh?
Suzie Dalziel

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:12 pm

I will except! Then reload.

Great! When the time comes, Evidence of deeds done, will either go into this thread, or possibly another thread (depending on on how many think this will be fun).

You just quote the quest giver, and than present your evidence. Remember that you can propose a quest as well :)
Rachael

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:13 pm

My Quest:

I hate Racist Bastards, they are bound to be in Skyrim, you mission is to Kill 5 Racists. You must provide evidence that they are racists, and subsequently that you killed them, or that they're life have ended.

Restrictions:
None. All can accept.

Summary:

• Kill 5 Racists.
  • Provide Evidence of their Racism, and that their life has ended.

That is horribly wrong. Vigilantism, assassination, psychotic self-righteousness, and generally just wrong.
Marcia Renton

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:59 am

That is horribly wrong. Vigilantism, assassination, psychotic self-righteousness, and generally just wrong.

My quest, my (fictional) morality! :hehe: If you dislike this behavior, you can propose a quest dealing with vigilantism.
Allison Sizemore

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:56 pm

what are you doing playing games?

seriously if you think about it, all games dealing with warriors/adventurers is gonna have "vigilantism"... and all that.

hell, there is an OFFICIAL assassin's guild in morrowind!

you assassinate people, and all the guards ask for is a piece of paper and you are free to go!

seriously, if your morals are that extreme, you shouldnt be playing games, since almost all of them have killing and stuff.

by the way, im not counting sports, rockband-related, and obviously baby-games, cause they're not real video games.
MISS KEEP UR

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:13 am

Since we've got the talk about the LAW, let's have a mission involving punishing offenders!

Quest:

Damn lawbreakers! they ruin everything, but it ENDS now!

Punish/Kill 5 Lawbreakers, no law left unpunished! It doesn't matter if it is the king of murders, or the one-legged terminal ill mother of three, trying to steal medicine/food or sleeping in the streets, they must all feel the steel boot of the LAW!

You must provide evidence of their offense, and that you've righteously punished them!

Restrictions:
Must not "break" the law, trying to enforce it.

Summary
  • Punish/kill 5 Lawbreakers.
  • Provide Evidence of their offense & your enforcement.
  • Do not "break" the law in the completion of this quest.

Who will bring order to the land?
Phillip Hamilton

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:20 am

I find this humorous, and depending on basically every aspect of this game, I could participate.
.X chantelle .x Smith

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:05 am

Welcome Adventurer!

Righteous is such a subjective adjective. Is a victim of circumstance really deserving of death? Who is to judge? The quest giver? the quest taker? Is it possible that the quest giver is just labeling the quest righteous in order to cover his true selfish intentions? I'll let the quest taker make that decision. :teehee:
Dj Matty P

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:16 am

Quest:

Homewreckers, they must go!

Reveal 3 people who are keeping secret lovers while they are married or in a relationship. Follow them and find something that can lead to the revealing of their affair and place it somewhere that his/her wife/husband will find it and realise the truth. Be it a shirt, an expensive gift, a love letter etc.

Restrictions:
Do not kill anyone.

Summary
  • Reveal 3 people who keep secret lovers.
  • Place evidence where their husband/wife can find it.
  • Do not reveal yourself to anyone involved in the affair.
    Do not kill anyone involved in the affair.

Matt Terry

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:04 am

Righteous is such a subjective adjective. Is a victim of circumstance really deserving of death? Who is to judge? The quest giver? the quest taker? Is it possible that the quest giver is just labeling the quest righteous in order to cover his true selfish intentions? I'll let the quest taker make that decision. :teehee:

Maybe? who will know? but who would want to know? And will it matter? The executioner will be the judge of the offense, as long as he can convince the quest giver (through the evidence) that what has passed is in agreement with the terms of the particular quest, the quest shall be completed. :laugh:
remi lasisi

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:55 am

what are you doing playing games?

I have asked that to myself so many times...

No sarcasm here, it's just that I find it odd going as far as to kill someone just for being a racist, but you are right, its not worse than killing someone because it pays well... I actually found the Dark Brotherhood and Morag Tong quests the most entertaining.

So, screw morals in a game:

It tastes like chicken!

A Necromancer needs fresh corpses from all the sentient races to create tasty flesh golems. Experimentation is needed to get just the right proportion of flesh from each race, so lots of corpses are needed. Sneak into the Nord burial sites and cemeteries and steal a body, then carry it to the Necromancer. You keep the loot and 500 drakes per corpse.

Restrictions: Corpses are heavy as hell, so you can only carry one at a time. best to break into tombs at night, and don't let anyone see you or you will have to lay low for quite a while.

Summary: After turning in 50 corpses, 5 from each race, the Necromancer can provide you with the golem prototypes to serve as your loyal (and a bit mindless) followers.

I should really think of a better title.
Wayland Neace

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:59 pm

This is a weird thread but anyway..

Quest:

Go Swimming!

Swim from one end of the longest river to the other side.

Restrictions:
All items must be unequipped
No spells allowed

Summary
Swim down the longest river.
Compare your time with other questers.
cosmo valerga

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:45 am

This would be a better thread if the game was actualy out....
Yvonne

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:02 am

This sounds like fun. Now lets just wait for the game. :celebration:
Margarita Diaz

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:58 am

I think I don't get the idea of this topic fully.

Basicly we propose unofficial quests each other for Skyrim? (A bit funny, cause the game isn't out yet) EDIT ninja'd

So not for the developers?
Adam Kriner

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:23 am

I think I don't get the idea of this topic fully.

Basicly we propose unofficial quests each other for Skyrim? (A bit funny, cause the game isn't out yet) EDIT ninja'd

So not for the developers?

No, not for the developers, I'm sure it will be better when the game comes out, and if it sinks I'll revive it when the time comes :) Do you like the concept though?

EDIT:

Even though the game isn't out, it can serve as a starting quest, like your reason for being in skyrim, (other than whatever official reason you'll get).
Lil'.KiiDD

Return to V - Skyrim