Companion radiant quest bug

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:12 am

So I just completed the first companion quest, which was bugged by I got through it anyway, and onto the first radiant quest for Farkas. Completing this radiant quest is necessary for completing the rest of the companion quests. So the quest is to clear out a druagr dungeon, Halldirs cairn, which I've already cleared. So I go there again, kill the druagr boss, but the game doesn't register that I've killed the boss. I go back to Farkas for more work and he says "I've given you a job, go do it"

I'm playing on PS4, so console commands are out of the question.
Eve Booker

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:55 am

This happens all the time in Skyrim. Do you have a save from before you did get the quest?

The normal advice here is, to wait 30 in-game-days. After that, the dungeon should be re-filled. But I'm not sure if this helps you with Halldirs Cairn, especially since you wrote that you did already kill another drauge. :(

Tiffany Castillo

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:59 pm

I had the same thought, wait 30 days and return. Nope. Didn't work. I may have to load a previous save and not go to the Cairn. That's at least 2 hours worth of work gone. :(
Chavala

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:35 pm

Work?

Do you only play to fill a youtoube-channel?

As a re-starter, I simply enjoy every moment of playing Skyrim. Even if I'm telling myself that the character I was playing yesterdays evening for 2 to 3 hours is just boring and I should start an other one, I don't feel any regret. :)

Stephanie I

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:16 pm

It's not that, I just hate replaying content. I do enjoy Skyrim but erasing 3 hours work of effort just to get by a bug is irritating no matter how much I'm enjoying a game.

Oh, and here's the kicker, when I did the intro quest to the Companions a second time, Farkas didn't even send me to Haldir's Cairn!

glot

Return to V - Skyrim