Comparing Fallout to Oblivion gets a thread closed?

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:18 am

That's it.

It's seeming like any thread that compares the two games gets closed quickly.

If it's because they're old...well...if "new" topics aren't interesting or a new player wants to comment on an old topic...what's really the problem?
Bonnie Clyde

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:37 pm

Resurrecting an old topic that has been dead for a fair time is considered thread necromancy, since the necromancer clearly spent ages digging through the forum usually just to add a single pointless comment.

As for comparing the two games, I think it's been done to death.

Also discussion of moderator action should be kept to private messages with said moderator.:)
Tina Tupou

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:42 am

Fallout 3 IS Oblivion with guns.
Josee Leach

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:13 am

Fallout 3 IS Oblivion with guns.

and differen terminology, plus a better combat system needed for the guns.

so basically yeah its oblivion with guns.
Stacy Hope

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:46 am

I'm just asking to understand...I recently bought Fallout 3 and want to discuss the game, etc...even though I'm not a "new" member I don't come to the Bethesda forums often so I don't know all the little rules here...

Resurrecting an old topic that has been dead for a fair time is considered thread necromancy, since the necromancer clearly spent ages digging through the forum usually just to add a single pointless comment.

"Thread necromancy?" You learn something new every day.

Was it to add a "single pointless comment" or because that thread is discussing what they're interested in? Is it more preferrable to start a new thread on an old topic? ...so posters can continually post 'this has been discussed' comments

And if they "spent ages" digging through the forum...isn't that a good thing? That means they're at least trying not to ask an answered question... <---that's just my opinion

As for comparing the two games, I think it's been done to death.

No disrespect but...what does it matter what you think?

It's not like 'popular' topics are stickied...

Also discussion of moderator action should be kept to private messages with said moderator.:)

I'll remember that if there's a next time...
Umpyre Records

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:23 am

...since the necromancer clearly spent ages digging through the forum usually just to add a single pointless comment.

Or he did a strange and very unusual thing: He used the "Search-Option"!
Dalton Greynolds

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:00 am

I'll remember that if there's a next time...

That's a "good thing".
9. Posting about moderator or administrator action or inaction is also against the rules of this forum.

Please feel free however to contact the moderator involved, another moderator you feel comfortable with, our community manager Gstaff or another admin if you disagree with a moderator action. Our moderators do not mind taking a second look or discussing an action with the other moderators and admin to assure they have acted fairly. So if you think you've been treated wrongly or that unfairly, be sure to send a PM. Sometimes moderators make mistakes.

Arrogant SId

Return to Fallout 3