[REQ] Compatibility patch for Improved Skilled Magicka and M

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 7:18 am

It seems that these types of mods don't work while swift casting due to the fact that one doesn't go into casting mode. I use http://www.pirates.retreat.btinternet.co.uk/Other.htm by Piratelord. I'm hoping the script can be tinkered with to make it work nice with MCP. I'm certain that I read a thread started from someone reporting that they successfully patched another magicka progression mod (can't seem to find that thread) so I'm hoping it can be done with ISM too. Anyone up to the challenge? I'll add that I know absolutely nothing about scripting, so this is not something I'm going to be able to do myself anytime soon.

Other mods that have the problem are Azrael's Magicka Based Spell Advancement and HotFusion's Magicka Based Skill Progression.

Many thanks!
Manuel rivera

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Well, the scripts have to detect which spell class is being cast based on the casting sound effects, if that insta cast thing skips this in MCP, I haven't a foggiest how to resolve it.
Not up to date with all the latest releases, only recently remerged from my dark hole.
Kristian Perez

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 6:39 pm

Thanks for the reply, PirateLord. I know you're busy elsewhere at the moment. Regarding the casting sound effects, as far as I can tell, swift casting uses the exact same casting sounds. Btw, you can still go into the traditional "ready spell mode" with the swift casting patch applied; MCP just moves the quick key for that from the R key to M (R now being used for swift casting). As long as one casts from "ready spell mode", even with the swift cast patch applied, ISM works normally.

Maybe if Hrnchamd comes around he could shed some light on it.
Mark Churchman

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 2:08 pm

From memory, I guess the script must have a check in there to ensure the player is in casting mode to work. I'm assuming this could just be removed, and it'll work regardless, but it might give you some skill points if it ever detects that casting sound being played when the player isn't actually casting.
sara OMAR

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 8:44 am

I looked into this recently, and as far as I could tell, Magicka Based Skill Progression has no "if ( Player->GetSpellReadied )" condition; it just listens for sounds.

It seems the MCP's swift casting feature somehow, despite playing the sound, doesn't fulfil the "GetSoundPlaying" conditions unless the player is casting spells in the normal way.

If that is the case then I guess it should be mentioned in the MCP thread; I don't see why it can't be remedied.
Logan Greenwood

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 6:55 am

I think http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1172784-problem-with-magicka-based-spell-advancement/page__p__17326331__fromsearch__1#entry17326331 is one you were looking for.
Sammykins

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 5:33 pm

I think http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1172784-problem-with-magicka-based-spell-advancement/page__p__17326331__fromsearch__1#entry17326331 is one you were looking for.
The one I was trying to find was actually a thread that started right off with a solution from the first post. The person put up a solution and then said it should work for other magicka progression mods different from the one he was using. At this point I'm thinking I must have dreamed it or something. :confused:

In any case, going off what was posted in your thread, I looked at the Improved Skilled Magicka script with EE and found this:

; Check if player is in magic mode, if not, exit the script
if ( player -> GetSpellReadied == 0 )
return
endif

If this is the part of the script that needs to be fixed, I have no idea how to proceed. Again, knowing nothing of scripts.
Kat Ives

Return to III - Morrowind