Complete Character Design Freedom (Damage Resist Caps and Ri

Post » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:26 pm

This is excellent advice... but if you do accidentally over-boost a little bit, you can always raise the difficulty level (assuming you aren't already on master). We were discussing earlier in other threads what the "best" threshold was for not trivializing the game on master, and I think they came up with 10 power attacks to kill Alduin. Since Alduin has 3500 health (IIRC), and power attacks are double damage, try to keep your weapons no higher than 175 base damage. With max crafting gear and max alchemy synergy, this means a fully improved daedric dagger -- if you do this with a daedric sword, then you went overboard. :smile: Definitely don't put fortify one-handed enchants on your gear, because you will be quite OP.

Of course, you could skip alchemy altogether, and have a much larger "safe zone" with your crafting to not break the game completely. Plus... it saves you 8 friggin' perks.
-Loth

My shiny ebony sword does 178 but i still feel this is way too strong as the only things that do not die in 3 strikes are dragons. Im using fortify one handed 47% on my gloves but i will replace it with some other mod the next change i get. this also means you can completely ignore onehanded perks freeing up 5-8 more perks and makes deadric weapons....pointless again. I went through a perk planner and found that by level 54 i had all the perks i could really ever want leaving so much space for silly/pointless stuff like hagling fence or treasure hunter.

As a side note ive been playing around with dead thrall and the results are nothing less than amazing. Orchendor is quiet literally a second follower whose power easily trumps level 81 j'zargo and coupled with his 100MR (absolutely immunity to spells) and teleportation he almost trumps me as a mage!!! Im still trying to find a second viable mage thrall so i can rain down fiery goodness with my party of not 1, 2 , but FOUR destruction mages- oh and my faithful companion, vigilance who still sadly still only has 60 hp.
Nicole Mark

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:14 am

... now dont go overboard with your weapon damage or youll find yourself quickly bored.
This is very important, as it's really easy to make ludicrously powerful weapons if you run up all three crafting skills, which will trivialize even fights with Ancient Dragons.

I have two sneaky-archer types who did this, and combat for them consists of a series of one-shots of the opposition, even if I increase the difficulty. This was deliberate, though, since I play Dead-is-Dead and cannot afford to get into extended fights lest I screw up and get killed. I am, however, seriously thinking of leaving off the "+% damage' enchantments on subsequent characters, as they are where things really get insane; there's a huge difference between an over-smithed Daedric Bow that does 195 damage, and one that does 562 with 4x+47% Fortify Marksman on top of that.
Laurenn Doylee

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:35 am

while blocking with a shield, you are quiet literally immune to even giants. now dont go overboard with your weapon damage or youll find yourself quickly bored.

I'm already kind of bored with the weapon. I have a Glass Bow of Malediction and a standard Daedric Bow. I can three-shot kill most dragons.

I don't think I'll go overboard with those, but I imagine it's pretty easy to do. Thanks again!
Hilm Music

Post » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:25 pm

Drank 21 Fort Rest potions with my 29% gear and cranked out some Fort Smith/Enchant potions...
Best I could do is be only 27 points from armor cap with heavy daedric boots & gauntlets only. I was trying for a single piece.
sharon

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:00 am

I take it back, conjuration is a legitimate school of magic but only because it lets me summon undead mages that cast spells from the destruction school.

My prized zombie: orchendor the vomit spewing super mage with the ability to teleport and heal. I was able to enchant his boots and gloves giving him 338 armor rating after he casts stoneskin, combined with a shield this goes up to 455. With 650 hp and 100% magic resist he basically acts as a second dragonborn mage (with no shouts). If his boots were heavy armor instead of glass i think i could have raised his armor very near 567 making near invincible against all but the strongest physical attackers.

I have been tryng to find other good candidates but so far my master vamprie with 2 pieces of enchant able gear and a dremora markynaz with no pieces of enchantable gear are making me regret spending perks in twin souls/
Cartoon

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:02 am

Can you dead thrall a wispmother? IDK

-Loth
laila hassan

Post » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:33 pm

Nope
josie treuberg

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:19 am

Using a falmer helm with a circlet/mask is considered an exploit or a feature?
Yung Prince

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:36 am

We call it an exploit, but meh. If you think about it, players shouldn't be able to equip a falmer helm at all, because it's supposed to cover the eyes, and Dovakiin don't have the force like Luke Skywalker. :)
-Loth
Chantel Hopkin

Post » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Drank 21 Fort Rest potions with my 29% gear and cranked out some Fort Smith/Enchant potions...
Best I could do is be only 27 points from armor cap with heavy daedric boots & gauntlets only. I was trying for a single piece.
What you need to do is create one Resto potion, drink it, then un- and re-equip your Fort Alchemy gear to boost its stats, then loop this as many times as you desire before making Fort Smiting potions. 4x+29% Fort Smithing gear + 130% Fort Smithing potion = +246% Smithing, which is the max you get without Fort Resto abuse, so to cap with 2 armor items you'll need to roughly triple that as the chest piece is at least double anything else. In other words, you'll need to get your Fort Alchemy gear up to a fairly high level and then make a Smithing potion if you want to cap with 2 armor pieces.
Theodore Walling

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:31 am

It is a bug. If you do it right with the mask with archmage robe thrown in you can make your head disappear. So it is definitely a bug.

The only one that can even be debated is ancient knowledge perk. Maybe the description is wrong instead of perk giving the wrong bonus, maybe.

I take it back, conjuration is a legitimate school of magic but only because it lets me summon undead mages that cast spells from the destruction school.

My prized zombie: orchendor the vomit spewing super mage with the ability to teleport and heal. I was able to enchant his boots and gloves giving him 338 armor rating after he casts stoneskin, combined with a shield this goes up to 455. With 650 hp and 100% magic resist he basically acts as a second dragonborn mage (with no shouts). If his boots were heavy armor instead of glass i think i could have raised his armor very near 567 making near invincible against all but the strongest physical attackers.

I have been tryng to find other good candidates but so far my master vamprie with 2 pieces of enchant able gear and a dremora markynaz with no pieces of enchantable gear are making me regret spending perks in twin souls/

My personal favorite thralls are forsworn ravagers. Two legendary skyforged steel swords and watch him own.
Silencio

Post » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:11 pm

We call it an exploit, but meh. If you think about it, players shouldn't be able to equip a falmer helm at all, because it's supposed to cover the eyes, and Dovakiin don't have the force like Luke Skywalker. :smile:
-Loth
Maud'dib did it better, just sayin'.
Micah Judaeah

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:23 am

Trying to beef up my gear. Started with my heavy dragon armor, made em all legendary. My smithing is 100. Yet, I can't upgrade my Dawnbreaker from flawless, wtf? I have 100 smithing, the required ingredients plus i have a dwarven bracer of major smithing.
xxLindsAffec

Post » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:43 pm

It is a bug. If you do it right with the mask with archmage robe thrown in you can make your head disappear. So it is definitely a bug.

The only one that can even be debated is ancient knowledge perk. Maybe the description is wrong instead of perk giving the wrong bonus, maybe.

My personal favorite thralls are forsworn ravagers. Two legendary skyforged steel swords and watch him own.

Right now I'm using Orchendor and an archery type forsworn ravagers (45 magic resist 600 armor 600 health). I have to say, destruction magic is pitifully weak compared to weapon damage but I still keep orchendor around because mages add a lot of flavor and fun to the game. I imagine a melee type ravager thrall with dual wielding swords would probably be able to solo the game on adept if not master. I am trying to start a collection of corpses (creepy , I know) but it seems many corpses will simply disappear once their zone resets.
Toby Green

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:30 am

lendial:how do you keep that Orchendor guy? All my thralls vanish after I fast travel. According to my active effects, I have 3 dead thralls and 1 flame thrall somewhere.
RObert loVes MOmmy

Post » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:35 pm

lendial:how do you keep that Orchendor guy? All my thralls vanish after I fast travel. According to my active effects, I have 3 dead thralls and 1 flame thrall somewhere.

orchendor should never vanish because hes a named npc in a dungeon that never resets. Are you sure hes not lying dead somewhere?
i also have a master vampire from bloodlet throne that has yet to vanish (likely because that zone never resets also)

try using console command:

player.moveto 00045f8e

this will teleport you to his current location.
Star Dunkels Macmillan

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:38 am

orchendor should never vanish because hes a named npc in a dungeon that never resets. Are you sure hes not lying dead somewhere?
i also have a master vampire from bloodlet throne that has yet to vanish (likely because that zone never resets also)

try using console command:

player.moveto 00045f8e

this will teleport you to his current location.

Well, I wasn't talking about him in particular, I should have mentioned that. Thralls in general just disappear on me, particularily dead thralls. I've had Forsworn, bandits and even named vampires disappear.(hern and hert) Thanks for the command, I just bought skyrim for pc an hour ago so ill remember that
LittleMiss

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:38 am

We call it an exploit, but meh. If you think about it, players shouldn't be able to equip a falmer helm at all, because it's supposed to cover the eyes, and Dovakiin don't have the force like Luke Skywalker. :smile:
-Loth
Aura Whisper. :)

@lendial - Can't you store your collection in a safe zone? Or must they originate from a spawn within the zone?
Victoria Bartel

Post » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:17 pm

The corpses disappearing has nothing to do with where you store them but instead where you originally found them. If the zone you found them decides to run a corpse disposal or completely re spawns then the corpse will disappear because its reference id was attached to that specific zone. However, if they are currently thralled then they will never disappear from the game though they may get killed or blocked behind obstacles. console commands will allow you to easily fetch them assuming you have their reference id. More testing is required but I am relatively sure this is how it works.

As a side note, the vast majority of treasure chests and wardrobes (BUT NOT barrels) will never cause you to lose items even if the cell re spawns. Also, dropping items on the ground seems safe as well. I have only tested this in the riverwood trader but I imagine it should be consistent elsewhere. To test for yourself:
  • go to an area, drop items on the ground and in chests
  • exit the zone, console in : 'resetinterior ' , you can find the cell id by using the command 'help 0' then use pgup or pgdown to find the cell:reference id
  • re-enter the zone to find everything has re spawned but your loot has remained intact. you may need to quicksave then quickload for the effects to occur.
Prue

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:22 am

Post limit.
Rhiannon Jones

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim