Confederate States of America Radio

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:00 am

While working on the vault project I took a break and worked on another project, a fan radio for Fallout: Confederacy. It features southern jazz and marching songs from the civil war. The DJ does betray some plot elements but not anything serious. The question is what would y'all's reaction be. With my Fallout: confederacy thread being shut down do to @Cider!'s efforts I don't want a repeat. Thus keep all flames to a minimum. I did this because I thought it would be cool, not to be racist. So tell me what you think, if you want a track list just say so.

I am also working on a couple of maps during the game.

Thanks, Walle Ras

Samantha Mitchell

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:15 am

You might have an easier time by calling it something else. "The Southern Union" or "Allied States" or http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Southeast_Commonwealth

I am guessing this would take place after the events of Fallout 3. Thus over 412 years since the end of the American Civil War. Not to mention 212 years ago there was a Global Nuclear War.

I can see people being proud from being from the South still being in the culture to some degree, but not the "South Will Rise Again" mentality. It also doesn't make sense since there is no United States of America. The Southern States which were formed into a commonwealths were destroyed along with it. People don't even care that there was a United States in the Fallout Universe, much less that 412 years ago there were Confederate States.

Juan Suarez

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:46 pm

I remember that argument were we beat Cider.

Jessica White

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:06 pm

If you read my old thread then you would see why I called it what I did. Plus the Legion and the Minutemen are still around.

ashleigh bryden

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:40 pm

Lets hope she doesn't come back so I can safely post a link to the audio. Of course I would have to ask a mod.

Charlie Sarson

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:41 am

Okay I read it. It makes even less sense now. Rebuilding the Confederacy yet they don't know anything about it other than what they found in a museum.

Why would they want to rebuild something they know nothing about?

James Smart

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:34 pm

I could say the same thing for the minutemen and the Legion. If you have a better idea for their conception I am open to ideas and still have a text document with the plot.

Catherine Harte

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:25 pm

I might actually have an idea on how the Confederacy would return.

During the American Civil War there were members of the Confederacy that formed a group called The Knights of The Golden Circle. A secret society. Conspiracy theory has it that they managed to steel a lot of Gold and such in order to rebuild the Confederacy.

So have it so this Society never actually died. It died. Sure over time its members might have stopped taking the idea of rebuilding the Confederacy seriously but kept it going as a social club. As things in America started to fall apart leading up to the Great War. The some members started to like the idea of forming a new country and looked to their founders and an example. They build themselves shelters maybe with the Confederate Gold and survive the Great War. From those Shelters they set out to form their own nation based on what they thought made the Confederacy Great.

A note. The Legion aren't trying to rebuild the Roman Empire. Caesar is just using what he thought made Roman Great to his advantage to build his new Empire. The Minute Men like the concept of helping people like the Minute Men of old. I don't recall them trying to rebuild Colonial America.

Anyways if you want an actual return of the Confederacy or something every close to it, than the Confederacies https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_of_the_Golden_Circle might be the way to go.

Joanne

Return to Fallout Series Discussion