Conjuration spells leveling with you?

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:27 pm

Ok I'm confused how Conjuration spells work...do they scale up with your level? I'm currently level 38 and my Conjuring skill is at 100.

I have a Flame Atronach spell that's at Apprentice even though I've used it for the last 20 levels. I just brought a new Frost Atronach spell which happens to be at Adept level at the Winterhold College. Are spells rated with different ranks? If so, why can't I see the ranks when I'm shopping thru the vendor windows? They never say which rank the spells are at.

Also, do summons scale up with your level? Or is it set according to the spell level that you purchased it at?

Lately, my atronachs don't seem to last long against bandits and other creatures..
Sxc-Mary

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Magic that doesn't scale vs enemies that do. Brilliant strategy if I do say so myself.
sophie

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:11 pm

Tips

1. You can't always rely on atronach
2. Use bound weapons and perk them.
3. find out how to summon Daedric to help you.
4. Get the permanet summoning spells so your summons stay with u until death.
5. Use strategy and don't die. :wink_smile:

They don't level magic but I enjoy the challenge and rarely have problems. Btw, look at your spells in magic and it should say the rank its in.

Edit: I forgot to mention reanimation. That will be a big help once you get the master rank of that.
Bones47

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:30 pm

I have the Staff to summon Daedric Lords and sometimes he does well..sometimes he gets ripped to shreds. I dont rely solely on Summoned help but I like the extra firepower sometimes for tough fights.

Yeah I can see which rank MY spells are..but I cant see the spells that vendors sell. What I want to know if i should buy another Firebolt spell at the College to replace my Novice level Firebolt? And how can I tell if that spell is higher rank than mine?
sally R

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:53 pm

there is only one "firebolt" spell, if you buy the spell tome for it you won't be able to use it because you already have it. when your skill in destro raises from novice to apprentice, you will see new spell tomes for sale from the vendors. and master conjuration is nothing special, your permanent atronachs or undead just get stuck on walls or cant follow you down the side of a mountain. they are never there when you need them. i would happily trade my thrall for a 60 second summon that could actually keep up with me.
Skivs

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Firebolt is destruction magic as I recall? I don't think destruction is that helpful in any fight but thats just my opinion. Try wikia to see the ranks of magic. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Destruction_(Skyrim)

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Conjuration_(Skyrim)
Ellie English

Post » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:57 am

They scale with your conjuration and with difficulty level. You'll notice the actual name of the summon changes when it gets "better"
Jessie

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:36 pm

Tips

1. You can't always rely on atronach
2. Use bound weapons and perk them.
3. find out how to summon Daedric to help you.
4. Get the permanet summoning spells so your summons stay with u until death.
5. Use strategy and don't die. :wink_smile:

They don't level magic but I enjoy the challenge and rarely have problems. Btw, look at your spells in magic and it should say the rank its in.

Edit: I forgot to mention reanimation. That will be a big help once you get the master rank of that.

1. They are only useful until 65 - 75 Conjuring skill, and then become irrelevant.
2. Useful for sure (much more useful than using Destruction), but not everyone wants to use a bow/swords
3. You mean how to walk up to a vendor and buy the spell?

I have the Staff to summon Daedric Lords and sometimes he does well..sometimes he gets ripped to shreds.

Not sure how the staff summons would work differently, but the one that the player can summon through a spell definitely never gets "ripped to shreds" unless it's up against a swarm of hard hitting enemies. Otherwise, it's stronger than the player in every way possible. They can also tank mammoths until the mammoth dies, and against most dragons you'll only ever need to resummon it once. The only enemies that really blow it up are NPC casters that do shock damage. For whatever reason, they hit for 200 - 300 damage with a single shock, which makes no sense.
Josh Trembly

Post » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:41 am

1. They are only useful until 65 - 75 Conjuring skill, and then become irrelevant.
2. Useful for sure (much more useful than using Destruction), but not everyone wants to use a bow/swords
3. You mean how to walk up to a vendor and buy the spell?

Not sure how the staff summons would work differently, but the one that the player can summon through a spell definitely never gets "ripped to shreds" unless it's up against a swarm of hard hitting enemies. Otherwise, it's stronger than the player in every way possible. They can also tank mammoths until the mammoth dies, and against most dragons you'll only ever need to resummon it once. The only enemies that really blow it up are NPC casters that do shock damage. For whatever reason, they hit for 200 - 300 damage with a single shock, which makes no sense.

1. Level 90-100 I can summon two daedric lords to fight for me. Also there are perks at 80 to make them stronger.
2. It's in the conjuration class so why not use it if your a conjurer? Spamming summoning is cheap and boring.
3. You have to have conjuration at 90 then the master conjurer will give it to you in winter hold. I'm pretty sure thats the only way to get it.

The staff works differently because they run out and you can't summon two.
Floor Punch

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:38 pm

Conjuration is easy mode. You just have to realize that them being killed is no big deal. So long as the enemy are attacking summons you can keep replacing, you can just wear the enemy down. In the meantime, feel free to take potshots with destruction or a bow to conserve magicka.
Jonathan Montero

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Thanks for all the replies..certainly cleared some things up.

BTW..I tried looking for the base damage of my Bound Sword but I don't see anything. Anyone know how much damage they do? Trying to figure out if they are better than my Legendary Glass Sword which does 42 damage.
FITTAS

Post » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:40 am

If your using normal weapons as well then theres no need for bound weapons. I'm pretty sure normal weapons do more damage.
Lyndsey Bird

Return to V - Skyrim