console command to enable lumber purchase?

Post » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:41 pm

I need to figure out what to do other than hiring a steward to be able to buy lumber.

Something in my hearthfire script is breaking, it has the quest stat at 100 but none of the mills sell the sawn logs.

Is there a console command to reset it, and maybe force the dialog option?

Schel[Anne]FTL

Post » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:34 am

type help lumber in the console command

Well I don't know if its a givable item now that I think of it...

Have you tried chopping wood and selling that to a mill and then see if they have dialog? And when are you asking them? between 8am and 8pm?

Emily Jeffs

Post » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:14 pm

That just gives me the sawn log id, what I wanted was a way to reset the quest/script that allows you to talk to the saw mill owners to buy or in my case saw the wood. If I can't ask them about the lumber, can't saw it myself.. only work around I found was to hire a steward, and not looking at doing that early on (just want to furnish out the small house)

Mandy Muir

Post » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:50 pm

Do you have an earlier save you can fall back to without losing to much?

And which mills have you tried?

Rhysa Hughes

Post » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:56 pm

tried several mills, seems all of them lost the option. not sure what happened. Was fine but now even new games lose the option as the quest to allow it is advanced, but the dialog is gone. going to try a few things tomorrow when I'm off (going to reinstall all my mods in case one got borked)

Abi Emily

Post » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:09 am

what mods are you running? anything preventing quests? or did you install anything that effects dialog?

Nancy RIP

Post » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:28 am

You get an objective set to go buy lumber at the nearest mill, and that corresponds to the dialog being enabled. Did you get that?

I think having the option of a steward comes later, but I'd need to open up the CS to look. The log pile is "shared" between the houses, so I don't believe it shuts down after you build everything (even if the game could track that) so you can stockpile for the next house you build. So once the dialog appears it should stay.
Dark Mogul

Post » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:36 pm

nope the misc quest to buy the lumber is autocompleted.

the getstage shows it at 100, never get the popup

And talking to various mill owners, never get the option to buy logs. Lod at riverwood has no dialoge till I have firewood and even then doesn't let me saw/buy logs.

Going to try reinstalling the unoffical patch, it may have been corrupted (shows an odd time stamp vs the one in the download zip)

john page

Post » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:45 pm

I checked in the CK and the quest-related conditions on the dialog are that you have purchased any of the properties - and that's it. You can continue buying logs even after you can't use any more. That's recorded in the BYOHHouseFalkreath/Hjaalmarch/Pale quest as ::bOwnProperty_var. If it got set back to False, you could reset it via console.

Re-installing patches etc. won't help as the script variables are in your save game. You'll need to check the script variables for the particular house you're building and fix any that were corrupted. Fortunately the names are reasonably meaningful.

Lance Vannortwick

Post » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:36 pm

Well about to restart yet again, so making sure all my mods are upto date and what not this time. had issues recently with corrupted game saves and stuff, hard drive error. so wouldn't surprise me if that broke something

KRistina Karlsson

Return to V - Skyrim