Console (~) issues

Post » Tue May 24, 2016 3:23 pm

This only seems to have started occurring after I upgraded my PC to Windows 10, but I've had issues with opening the console ever since and I'm not sure how to properly fix it. I have a Steam copy of the game, and I'm not sure if that's the issue, or if it's something that OBSE is doing but I'm assuming that isn't the problem. I did manage to temporarily fix the issue by doing a fresh reinstall of the game, and I was able to use the console again for a brief time before it decided to stop working again. I haven't installed any mods inbetween when it started working and when it hasn't, so I'm not really sure what the issue is. Is it a Windows 10 thing, or has it been happening to anyone else?

I've tested other Steam games to see if it's an issue with the key itself and I'm able to use the ~ key just fine in other games. I've also put bAllowConsole=1 into oblivion.ini per UESP's instructions to see if that changed anything, and it hasn't. What do I do?

edit: I see that there's an infrared transceiver on my PC that I'm guessing is the issue of all this. I'm not sure how to disable it though, as the option isn't lighting up for me. I can uninstall it, but I'm not sure if I should or not. Is it safe to do so?

Queen Bitch

Return to IV - Oblivion