Continue After Endgame

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:41 am

Hey does anyone know if there will be anything at some point that will allow you to continue to play from the end similar to Fallout 3? Like many I assumed that the new DLC would allow you to continue just like it did in Fallout 3 but now if I want to play I have to start a completely new character.

By the way nobody needs to quote me the message from the end. I'm well aware of the "warning" it gives. My question is if there are any future DLC that will allow you to continue.
Jake Easom

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:09 am

Hey does anyone know if there will be anything at some point that will allow you to continue to play from the end similar to Fallout 3? Like many I assumed that the new DLC would allow you to continue just like it did in Fallout 3 but now if I want to play I have to start a completely new character.

By the way nobody needs to quote me the message from the end. I'm well aware of the "warning" it gives. My question is if there are any future DLC that will allow you to continue.

It has been said before and quoted, There will not, shall not, cannot, and will NEVER be a DLC that does this.

Okay? alright.
Matt Fletcher

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:42 pm

1. Why would they do that? It seems like a stupid idea considering how much people liked to continue in 3.

2. As for the "it has been quoted and said" thing I literally joined this forum like 5 minutes ago. There was not a single post mentioning it on the first or second page and when I searched it said it couldn't find anything. Don't attempt to make me feel like a moron for asking a question.
Eibe Novy

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:28 pm

It wasn't a stupid idea, FNVs endings are all good and complete, so continuation isn't necessary. FO3s 2 completely polar-to-the-extreme endings were horridly incomplete and over-summarized. Broked Steel was completely ridiculous as it made the player the god of death, and bullet sponges like the albino radscorp only made it worse.
Marquis T

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:35 pm

1. Why would they do that? It seems like a stupid idea considering how much people liked to continue in 3.

2. As for the "it has been quoted and said" thing I literally joined this forum like 5 minutes ago. There was not a single post mentioning it on the first or second page and when I searched it said it couldn't find anything. Don't attempt to make me feel like a moron for asking a question.

Yes lets copy 3 and have a shallow cop out ending <_<
I poisoned the FEV, saved raven rock, spared Autukn, and got [censored] over, the game still made me best fiends with the BoS, at the end of BS I nuked the citadel, the enclave still hated me, and now the BoS did too.
I would rather have a closed deep ending than a shallow, biased cop out like BS. Oh wait the FEV that kills everyone, yeah just you sorry. They didnt even explain it lore wise. And would it really be so hard to have just killed everyone in the towns due to the water, then reduce the number of raiders or soething to show the world dying. Then let me join the damn enclave.
I blew up the citadel and all I got was this crappy magnum.
Krista Belle Davis

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:13 am

I've not attempted to make you feel insulted, I am stating that people have asked and been answered more than I can count, It's also not a stupid idea and most people have come to accept that there won't be one (At least the ones that post on these forums have.), also the continue in FO3 was the stupidiest thing i've seen, It just rendered the ending slides complete crap.
LADONA

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:51 am

No.

It just rendered the ending slides complete crap.

The ending slides in FO3 were complete crap to begin with. If Bethesda spent half the time working on Fallout 3's ending than they did New Vegas then I would never have downloaded Broken Steel. I think the New Vegas ending sequence is pretty good.
Vincent Joe

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:36 am

The endings in New Vegas are awesome. FO3's svcked but broken steel made it worce. Also how hard is it to load a save before the main quest? Or take the warning that is given about no turning back game will end?

Welcome to the Forum :fallout:
Rachel Cafferty

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:38 am

dont worry man, YOUR not the one being flammed here, its the topic, we get one of these about weekly lol, however, they dont want to risk botching NV by making it playable afterwerds, and to quite a few people, yes, it was a good dlc, but it was also terrible...so very...very...very *goes on for a few hours*..very terrible. without the DT, enemies became bullet sponges, you played god, the usual tactic became run-backwards-and-fire, and basically said "hey, you just stormed into the area the super mutants lived, murdered them, got the GECK, saved DC, and single handidly wiped the enclave faster than BP wiped Americas gulf coast. can you fetch us some camera's?"

welcome to the forums by they way :D
Soku Nyorah

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:06 am

Welcome to the Forum.

As you can imagine this has been a very active forum because FONV is a new game. Many of us have been here since the game came out in October. Many of us also, have never gone through a new release before and can lose patience with reading the same questions over and over again.

With Christmas, we have a new influx of nascent gamers like yourself, who are stoked on the game and anxious to take part in the community. You will find a lot of help here. You will also find that the new forums have a much better search function. If you had searched on the words "Ending" and "Endgame" you would have found what you were looking for.

Also if you read the Pinned interviews in the top of the forums you will find where the developers discussed this topic.

Now that tempers have eased... Have fun!
Tyler F

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:28 am

Personally I wouldn't mind if I could continue the game with a future dlc. I would like to continue to explore...and there just seems so much yet to answer in new vegas, but I guess that will probably happen in New Vegas 2 (if they do one). I for one would like to know what happens to caesars legion.
Anyways, I hope future dlc's are better than Dead Money, I was so keen to get out of the sierra Madre that I nearly threw my controller at the TV in frustration.
djimi

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:53 pm

Welcome to the Forum.

As you can imagine this has been a very active forum because FONV is a new game. Many of us have been here since the game came out in October. Many of us also, have never gone through a new release before and can lose patience with reading the same questions over and over again.

With Christmas, we have a new influx of nascent gamers like yourself, who are stoked on the game and anxious to take part in the community. You will find a lot of help here. You will also find that the new forums have a much better search function. If you had searched on the words "Ending" and "Endgame" you would have found what you were looking for.

Also if you read the Pinned interviews in the top of the forums you will find where the developers discussed this topic.

Now that tempers have eased... Have fun!

I recognise alot of members who have been here since it was announced.

@OP: I think there is a topic on this every two days or so. But it has really slowed down recently.

Anyway welcome to the forums. (Don't worry about the search function it doesnt seem to work properly)
SiLa

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:10 am

Anyway welcome to the forums. (Don't worry about the search function it doesnt seem to work properly)

Really?

I hated the old one. Almost never used it. The new one seems to work better for me.
Cool Man Sam

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:07 am

if we did have a DKC to carry on then it would mean we would have to have one or two endings to allow it but the endings fit for me so I dont care but if we did have the chance then I want to yes man ending path so i can run NV lol

I would want story DLC's then another broken steel DLC

PS3... WE & PC want DLC's too :fallout: lol

:gun: :nuke: :foodndrink:
Isabella X

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:34 am

Really? No one here knows about http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35450? It is quite clearly VERY possible to continue playing after the ending.
Jennifer Munroe

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:58 am

i understand tht they've said you will not be able to continue once you beat the game but at the end i went with the yes man robot and its say quest complete 4000 xp earned then the yes man says well ill be back at lucky 38 making a few upgrades to myself well ill see you soon or something like tht he pretty much says ill see you later wtf once he said tht i thought i would be able to continue and i just got the game Christmas mornin and didnt have the dlc till today so to find out i have to go back before i started the final mission is kinda a bummer considering all the xp and guns i got while doing the last mission and before any one gets mad at me for this i honestly didnt know i was getting this game for christmas so i never thought to look any info up on the game before playing it
Nathan Barker

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:30 pm

Hey does anyone know if there will be anything at some point that will allow you to continue to play from the end similar to Fallout 3?

Nope. Obsidian has made it quite clear that they knew what they were doing when they made the end of the game actually be The End, and that there will be no Borked Steal.

http://www.1up.com/news/fallout-new-vegas-definitive-ending

http://www.destructoid.com/fallout-new-vegas-has-a-definitive-end-181927.phtml

No. That's why the warning is there, see?
Sarah Unwin

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:57 am

i understand tht but i was just saying why would they make the robot say well ill see you soon and then reward you with 4000 xp when you cant use it or even continue the game its [censored]
matt

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:08 am

Because he will? The Courier would then be the ruler of Vegas... so he'd go there? I do not see the problem
Adrian Powers

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:13 pm

I understand where the OP is coming from, but a DLC like Broken Steel for FNV simply wouldn't work. BS was good in the fact that it raised the level cap and let us continue the game onwards. However, they made it so that no matter what, you love the BoS, which for an RPG doesn't quite make sense and the ridiculous fact that when I hit level 30 I was a god in the world, nothing could stop me save for Albino Radscorpians (Damn bullet sponge!) I didn't take Almost Perfect because I knew that I wouldn't want to be THAT powerful and instead took Nuclear Anomaly for fun. Anyway, back to the main topic of this thread, because of all of the factions in NV, the only real way a DLC to continue the game would work if it was a full fledged expansion, As in, it would have to be bigger than Oblivion's Shivering Isles, which could be possible in the future, but I don't think it will happen, but I will hope for it.
Dragonz Dancer

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:59 pm

Or you could just use the mod I mentioned and continue to play the game after the ending. :hubbahubba:
Chad Holloway

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:56 am

Or you could just use the mod I mentioned and continue to play the game after the ending. :hubbahubba:

If he's on PC that is.
matt

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:12 am

If he's on PC that is.

Which is the best way to be. :thumbsup:
Kahli St Dennis

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:16 am

That isn't the problem really. There's nothing "badass" to fight in FNV as Fallout 3 had behemoths and stuff. It also had Enclave in pretty badass armor and stuff while here you don't have to fight BoS/NCR Veterans.
Avril Churchill

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:57 am

That isn't the problem really. There's nothing "badass" to fight in FNV as Fallout 3 had behemoths and stuff. It also had Enclave in pretty badass armor and stuff while here you don't have to fight BoS/NCR Veterans.

So, i supose that people bought NV only to figth
Greg Cavaliere

Next

Return to Fallout: New Vegas