Could Pelinal time-travel into the future and meet Tiber?

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:55 am

Since Pelinal is known to be the Timedragon infused killing machine, and has time travelled, then could he go the Third Empire....?

And, y'know, I'm loath to ask this question in the lore forum, but if they fought.... Who would win? :P

Oh. the joys of naivety.

Oh gracious, my mind is mush from my first 12-hour Oblivionophon...
Tyrel

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:11 am

ARGH!!!!
Katie Louise Ingram

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:10 am

ARGH!!!!

Ah yes, yes. Your point on the Time-Dragon's use of the flux capacitor in Pelinal's neuro-amnesiatic dome makes for quite a compelling argument, sir. I have no choice but to yield to the artistic grace and beauty of such a well-formulated response.

In all seriousness, I don't know much about Pelinal beyond the basics. I just used this as an opportunity to make fun of Albides.
Rusty Billiot

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:48 am

And, y'know, I'm loath to ask this question in the lore forum, but if they fought.... Who would win?

Pelinal Whitestrake is a rebel, Tiber Septim is a king.

Therefore, Pelinal wins the fight but at the end only Tiber Septim remains. Basic mythotecture.
^~LIL B0NE5~^

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:35 am

Septim is not the best fighter. As a book in OB says,he is a politition or something like that.
Whitestrike was a warrior,so he would beat him physiquely but not in spirit.
JAY

Post » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:47 pm

Talos.

The HoonDing.

Trinimac.

Vivec.

Leki.

Reman.

Auri-El.

Wulfharth.

Morihaus.

Pelinal.

That's my list, and pretty much in that order. Though Vivec did kill Tiber Septim once...but I mentioned Talos, not the Emperor.

Kira! :)))

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:38 am

Ah yes, yes. Your point on the Time-Dragon's use of the flux capacitor in Pelinal's neuro-amnesiatic dome makes for quite a compelling argument, sir. I have no choice but to yield to the artistic grace and beauty of such a well-formulated response.

In all seriousness, I don't know much about Pelinal beyond the basics. I just used this as an opportunity to make fun of Albides.

Either that or he is a robot designated T-ES sent into the past to terminate someone.
Rachel Eloise Getoutofmyface

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:40 am

I have absolutely no problem saying Pelenial would win. Pelenial didnt need a big stompy robot to help him win anything.
latrina

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:09 am

I just used this as an opportunity to make fun of Albides.

..AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON, BUDDY!

There's a reason that these kinds of topics, like the who's the best _______ threads, really [censored] me. It has nothing to do with being a snobby bastard above fan speculation. It has everything to do with missing the point entirely. The really good fantasy has nothing to do with memorising who did what to whom and with which abilities, and whether such and such powers make such and such possible. The really good fantasy is a product of a someone trying to say something. Setting has nothing to do with world, character nothing to do with people. And this because both these things are actually just metaphors of varying purity, images, rhetoric, lessons, or otherwise just fragments of a daydreams puzzled out like a doctor's note. Pelinal was the avenging angel who could justifiably be mistaken for an insane devil, as well as being a robot, a man, and a divine image and representation of the greater existential madness of the impossible trying to conceive its own possibility. Tiber Septim is a leader of men, now a god, but formerly a hero who convinces by manipulating appearances, with a solution for every job if only by knowing what tool to employ. What the unconscionable question does is literalise a metaphor, stripping it of meaning and significance and robbing it of any power it might have had.
Andrew Tarango

Post » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:37 pm

I disagree with your last sentence.

"What the unconscionable question does is literalise a metaphor, stripping it of meaning and significance and robbing it of any power it might have had."

The metaphor remains unchanged, the unconscionable questioner's perception of it does not change..your perception of the metaphor remains unchanged. Perhaps your perception of the questioner has changed but I think that was changed before this. The question itself may be simplistic but to some it may have merit. Plus its an opportunity to discuss. That may or may not have been the questioners intent but ....you cant have everything.
Sophie Miller

Post » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:19 pm

Besides, it's amusing.
Irmacuba

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:07 am

Okay, I was just reading the books about Pelinal Whitestrake, and I missed something:

Where is it implied that he traveled time? I'm not denying it, I' just trying to figure out what I missed.
rheanna bruining

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:56 am

Okay, I was just reading the books about Pelinal Whitestrake, and I missed something:

Where is it implied that he traveled time? I'm not denying it, I' just trying to figure out what I missed.
    [And then] Kyne granted Perrif another symbol, a diamond soaked red with the blood of elves, [whose] facets could [un-sector and form] into a man whose every angle could cut her jailers and a name: PELIN-EL [which is] "The Star-Made Knight" [and he] was arrayed in armor [from the future time].http://www.imperial-library.info/obbooks/songofpelinal.shtml#2

Russell Davies

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:00 am

I disagree with your last sentence.

That's nice, but I really prefer it to be taken as a whole

The question itself may be simplistic but to some it may have merit. Plus its an opportunity to discuss. That may or may not have been the questioners intent but ....you cant have everything.

I did say what I hate about these sorts of questions, didn't I? But as for why I feel this way, it's because I believe there is no merit to the question. It's syntactically correct but utterly meaningless, since it attempts to treat something in a manner inappropriate for the type of thing we're dicussing. Fight Tiber what? Pelinal time-travel huh? Who would win in a fight, Heathcliff or Rochester (pre-blindness)? The question is unanswerable, because characters are not people, they're motifs with a face. When you start asking these types of questions, you're not discussing lore, you're writing fanfiction.

Unless, of course, you're playing D&D and you have the character's stat sheet.
Jesus Sanchez

Post » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:52 pm

[And then] Kyne granted Perrif another symbol, a diamond soaked red with the blood of elves, [whose] facets could [un-sector and form] into a man whose every angle could cut her jailers and a name: PELIN-EL [which is] "The Star-Made Knight" [and he] was arrayed in armor [from the future time].http://www.imperial-library.info/obbooks/songofpelinal.shtml#2

Thank you much. :)
Rex Help

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:07 am

"I did say what I hate about these sorts of questions, didn't I? But as for why I feel this way, it's because I believe there is no merit to the question. It's syntactically correct but utterly meaningless, since it attempts to treat something in a manner inappropriate for the type of thing we're dicussing. Fight Tiber what? Pelinal time-travel huh? Who would win in a fight, Heathcliff or Rochester (pre-blindness)? The question is unanswerable, because characters are not people, they're motifs with a face. When you start asking these types of questions, you're not discussing lore, you're writing fanfiction."

Really? Hmmm.

The question (for all intents and purposes) who would win in a fight between Tiber and Pelinal. Now to answer this question, each answerer should have at a bare minimum, knowledge of who these characters are. What they have accomplished and what they are capable of. Now theres no limitations placed on either of them by the terms of the original questioner. I.E. nobody said "Who would win if Pelinal fought Tiber in a dress with both hands tied behind his back". So that frees people to go wild and think up imaginative scenarios and point out the strengths, weaknesses and limitations of each of them. This promotes discourse. Which is rarely a bad thing.

Ive never understood why people will try to prevent other people from talking about things they hate. You have a choice to simpley not participate in the conversation. What actual harm does it cause you knowing the conversation takes place? You are more then welcome to participate. Its similer to going to a sushi restaurant and proclaiming loudly. I hate raw fish! Well sir, whose fault is it for coming into the sushi bar? Besides most places also serve tempura, and I Love tempura, thats what I usually get cause I dont care for sushi, but my friends like it. And I like my friends.
Gemma Flanagan

Post » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:57 pm

The question (for all intents and purposes) who would win in a fight between Tiber and Pelinal. Now to answer this question, each answerer should have at a bare minimum, knowledge of who these characters are. What they have accomplished and what they are capable of. Now theres no limitations placed on either of them by the terms of the original questioner.

There's also no parameters. Pelinal travels through time to fight Tiber? Well, he can stop when Tiber is still a baby and hack the toddler to pieces. Wonderful victory. How interesting.

Ive never understood why people will try to prevent other people from talking about things they hate.

Because it encourages more pointless discussions of the same kind and pretty soon they drown everything else under the sheer amount of Richard-wagging.

Also, it's off-topic. "Whose power level is the most above nine thousand?" is not lore. It's fanwank, maybe, but not lore. It is as relevant as a "Spock vs. Yoda" thread.
Ezekiel Macallister

Post » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:18 pm

Since Pelinal is known to be the Timedragon infused killing machine, and has time travelled, then could he go the Third Empire....?

And, y'know, I'm loath to ask this question in the lore forum, but if they fought.... Who would win? :P

Oh. the joys of naivety.

Oh gracious, my mind is mush from my first 12-hour Oblivionophon...

HAH! Which Tiber?

Talos, who is a god and the embodiment of several Heroes, could wreck proverbial shop on Pelinal, I'd imagine... but that doesn't make sense because I'm sure Pelinal is one of those "heads" of Talos.

I think Pelinal would probably murder either of the Tibers, except maybe the Underkings. But I have minimal knowledge of Pelinal at teh moment and plan on increasing said knowledge, though.
Lexy Corpsey

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:21 am

HAH! Which Tiber?

Talos, who is a god and the embodiment of several Heroes, could wreck proverbial shop on Pelinal, I'd imagine... but that doesn't make sense because I'm sure Pelinal is one of those "heads" of Talos.

I think Pelinal would probably murder either of the Tibers, except maybe the Underkings. But I have minimal knowledge of Pelinal at teh moment and plan on increasing said knowledge, though.

Basicially anyone attacking anyone is a form of suicide in TES.
Adam

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:42 am

Basicially anyone attacking anyone is a form of suicide in TES.

Ain't that the truth. All these Enantiomophs and reincarnations of others and whatnot... it's a wonder how committing suicide in a game makes you lose...
keri seymour

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:53 am

Ain't that the truth. All these Enantiomophs and reincarnations of others and whatnot... it's a wonder how committing suicide in a game makes you lose...

Ehh, you're wrong there.

Any Bosmeri Enantiomorphs? I think not. Those guys and mudcrabs are the safest things to attack in TES, without fear of any mythovengeance killing you before you're born.
Katie Pollard

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:48 am

Ive never understood why people will try to prevent other people from talking about things they hate.

Who's trying to prevent anyone? Point him out, because I'd love to shake his hand.

Well sir, whose fault is it for coming into the sushi bar? Besides most places also serve tempura, and I Love tempura, thats what I usually get cause I dont care for sushi, but my friends like it. And I like my friends.

Well, no. Because this topic is like going to a pizza joint and demanding sushi, damnit, I want my sushi. It's both wrongheaded and doesn't belong.

Because it encourages more pointless discussions of the same kind and pretty soon they drown everything else under the sheer amount of Richard-wagging.

Also, it's off-topic. "Whose power level is the most above nine thousand?" is not lore. It's fanwank, maybe, but not lore. It is as relevant as a "Spock vs. Yoda" thread.

Thank you, Gez.
Tha King o Geekz

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:03 am

At least it's part satire. :D
Kat Stewart

Post » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:09 pm

The Lore Forum needs to kept on its toes every now and then; I mean if all we have is relevant, deep discussion and we have nothing to gauge it against eventually it will lose its value (that whole, can't have the good without the bad thingy)...

Yea, but Yoda would totally win... :toughninja:
Who's trying to prevent anyone? Point him out, because I'd love to shake his hand.

No, you shouldn't go around shaking random people's hands, you never know where they've been... :)
Jake Easom

Post » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:01 pm

Q: What did one enantiomorphic entity say to his other self?

A: Aw, [censored] me, you two-faced bastard!

(Oh, and hill[censored])

___The Word Merchant of [I]

PS: If anyone has been wondering what to get me from Christmas, how about a sense of humor, right?
Mike Plumley

Next

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion