Could a Vampire become a Lich?

Post » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:21 am

I and OBSKMO had an interesting discussion about Vampires a while ago, espescially about how a Vampire's body works. The question about a Vampire becoming a Lich came up while we wrote messages. What do you people think? Could a Vampire become a Lich? I already thought about this and created a small theory:

The theory is that Molag Bal is basicly faster than a Vampire who wants to become a Lich (of course only if Molag Bal really does claim a Vampires soul after death). A person who wants to become a Lich has to transfer his/her soul into a phylactery, and after the process is done, the person's body dies. If a Vampire would do that, Molag Bal would "steal" his/her soul before or immediately after the soul left the body, which would make it impossible to complete the process of achieving Lichdom. Any thoughts about this?

Amysaurusrex

Post » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:51 am

Has there ever been any precedent for Daedric Princes of just "stealing" claimed souls while the body is alive/functioning? I mean, otherwise the third Nightingale would be boned the minute he finished Molag Bal's quest or finished Dragonborn. I think there is some leeway for figuratively spitting in a Prince's figurative face, but doing so will more often than not lead to revenge from the Prince.

Which is to say that, yes, I think a vampire could become a lich without fear of failing the process. Why he would do so is beyond me, though.

rae.x

Post » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:19 am

A Vampire wouldn't have to suffer damage from Sunlight, I guess...

And I also wrote that Molag Bal might "steal" the soul right after the process is finished.

Lucky Boy

Post » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:47 am

The Dragonborn's path is all but laid out to apotheose like Talos, so they're gonna be goin' "svckers!" to all the daedric princes they may have sold their soul to. :tongue: The mirrors between Dragonborn/Ulfric/Tullius and Tiber/Wulfharth/Arctus are too numerous to be coincidence.

Milagros Osorio

Post » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:25 pm

This also applies to LDB/Miraak/Hermaeus Mora.

Shelby McDonald

Post » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:01 am

Or LDB/Alduin/Paarthurnax. Or a whole slew of others.

The LDB is basically a walking Enantiomorphic Event trigger. :P

Alba Casas

Post » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:54 am

It's very obvious that Beth wanted to make the LDB a second Talos. I mean, even the College has a Enatiomorph... at least if LDB/Ancano/Tolfdir counts.

Big Homie

Post » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:34 pm

Most guild questlines have enatiomorphic event or pseudo-enantiomorphic event.

suzan

Post » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:08 am

I could even make a case for LDB/Hevnoraak/Valdar

:bonk:

Harry Hearing

Post » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:14 pm

I'll qualify that as failing the process. Why bother at all to become a lich if you're only going to be a lich for 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001489 seconds? Again, I don't think the Daedric Prince could just nab a claimed soul straight from the Mundus, even if that soul is being transferred to a phylactery. A Daedric Prince's capacity to interact with the Mundus are pretty much limited to only having a voice and a few minor actions, barring certain, extreme circumstances, i.e. the plot of Oblivion. The only thing that can really throw a wrench at my groove would be discovering how phylactery mechanics work, and if the soul has to travel to the Dreamsleeve or out of the Mundus first before coming back into the Mundus into the phylactery. Then, I think, a Daedric Prince could possibly take the soul before it gets back into the phylactery.

Yeah, but the whole point is that at no time does a Daedric Prince go, "Nuh-uh, girl-fren'! **Finger snapping** You don't get to swear yourself to another Prince!" Heck, going back to Molag Bal's quest, you still have to kill the guy after he has sworn his soul over to Molag Bal.

Mashystar

Post » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:33 am

Let's go crazy and list every possible enantiomorphic event in the game :teehee:

OnTopic: Dragonborn would rather need a quite unique phylactery, multiple dragonsouls you know...

Robert Devlin

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion