Couple Question (just started)

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 am

Do you guys keep true iron sights on or off?

And why do you guys do so?

Whats the best looking armor? Light Medium Heavy or what do you wear? Post a picture and tell me the location where you found it.

Do you unlock weapon mods as you level up because I cant seem to find any ones i want from Chet but the wiki says that he has alot...
Davorah Katz

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:18 am

Do you guys keep true iron sights on or off?

And why do you guys do so?

Whats the best looking armor? Light Medium Heavy or what do you wear? Post a picture and tell me the location where you found it.

Do you unlock weapon mods as you level up because I cant seem to find any ones i want from Chet but the wiki says that he has alot...

Iron sights on, because I can aim better with them.

For armor, I wear T-51b from the deathclaw place(forgot the name).

They sell better stuff as you level up.
Poetic Vice

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:10 pm

Do I keep on iron sights? Yes. Why? Immersion, accuracy, and I just prefer that style.

Best looking armor? Subjective, but my personal favorite is the Centurion armor, and I wear heavy because it suits my style of gameplay the best.

You can find weapon mods from all sorts of merchants.
Eileen Collinson

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:14 am

Weapon mods show up randomly in merchant inventories (altho some types show up more in some merchants than others, seems like) and yes, some mods/weapons don't show up until certain character levels.

I keep iron sights on because I don't use VATS, and because .... well, I have no real reason. It's sometimes useful, and sometimes it's annoying. Depends on the gun.

Questions of "best" are so subjective....many prefer clothing for looks. Others prefer Power Armor for DT. Still others prefer clothing or Light for stealth/sneak or more challenge reasons. Some even like to run around in their underwear. I once ran around killing Legionarres and Fiends in my Naughty Nightwear.
I personally think Power Armor looks goofy and either choose clothing/Light or the Combat Reinforced (black, 17DT). I don't like headgear that covers the face, so that means I mainly use hats/bandannas or Boone's beret. Or no headgear at all.
Jack

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:49 am

Also, Im playing on hardcoe and i just got ED-E and im afraid to take him out to the wastes with me. I pick my fight carefully but sometimes i just get whacked. Is it good to take companions with you in hardcoe? I want to do all their missions and hear their dialogue without having them dying and i dont want to turn hardcoe off because it makes the game way more immersive.

So are their any tips on how to keep your buddies alive and not die really really fast? I have him set on Passive but still, its risky
Joe Bonney

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:14 am

The main places i get weapon mods are the robot in the Gun Runners stall, chet in goodsprings , and the traveling salesman guy in "the fort"
Julie Ann

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:27 am

I play on hard, and it's easy for me to keep everyone alive, but I've heard complaints from people about them dying easily.
JaNnatul Naimah

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:09 pm

I swap between iron sights on and off on a regular basis. Iron sights on is more immersive, but the sights are not accurate on all weapons, and we don't have the ability to switch between long range and short range sighting systems except by changing weapons. Iron sights off is more accurate and easier to find targets, but less immersive.

:(
Eve(G)

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:36 pm

Personally, I think the Van Graff combat armor is the best-looking medium weight, and the Vault 34 riot gear with a 16 DT at light weight is pretty nice too.

@Momaw: 'If it took more than one shot, then you weren't using a Jakobs.'
no_excuse

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:48 pm

Weapon mods show up randomly in merchant inventories (altho some types show up more in some merchants than others, seems like) and yes, some mods/weapons don't show up until certain character levels.

Yes and yes, I know were to head to find a favourable mod now ( ruins roleplay, but if all merchants stocked them and had better selections it would save time ).
Sniper mods show up around level 12.
I keep iron sights on because I don't use VATS, and because .... well, I have no real reason. It's sometimes useful, and sometimes it's annoying. Depends on the gun.

This, iron sights have seemed to have improved since the patch though, but realism and random chaos makes the game for me.

Best outfit, depends on role.
My favourites however are Merc charmer, merc adventurer, Boomer, Khan, any leather, any metal, raider, bandanas, legion explorer hood, sheriff's / bounty hunter duster.
Biker goggles, aviation glasses, head wraps, pre war gear.....
scorpion972

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:44 am

You will not get specific locations in the General Section, that is a spoiler to name specific places or quests that you get stuff with. The Fallout Vault has the specific locations and you can look them up there

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Fallout:_New_Vegas

Now, to your other parts:

Best looking is subjective, I like to put the females Companions in the Reinforced Armor and the males in the Recon or Combat armors. Since I play on Casual, it does not matter if they don't have maximum protection. For myself, it is Recon for the Sneak Bonus.

As for Weapon Mods, they do unlock at certain levels, same with weapons from Vendors.

Also, the Vendor's inventory will reset every 73 Game hours, and that is per session. If you leave the game, you have to start the 73 hour cycle over again. So, Wait or Sleep 3 Days and 1 Hour if you have to see if it changes.

You can find most weapons, or a unique example of a weapon class in the game somewhere, if you can handle what it takes to get to the place and what you have to do when you get there. However decent weapons can be obtained early on if you are careful about it. Thing is, I have found that the game is pretty good at getting you the weapons that you need as you follow along the early part of the Main Quest and do some side quests along the way. By the time you reach the Strip this way, you will be level 8 to 12 and the Vendors will start having the fun guns in their stocks.
Dj Matty P

Return to Fallout: New Vegas