Crafting Jewelry?

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:57 am

Is there a chart or guide somewhere listing all the craftable jewelry and their requirements and value? My basic searches didn't find such a chart and before I started making my own I thought it best to ask here to see if someone else has already done it.

I know that not all of the gems I'm carrying can be used for jewelry. Some can really only be sold.

What I'm looking for is a chart showing what I should hold on to. Also the profit margin of each item crafted.

I'm currently playing a mage and she has that spell that basically makes gold, so I've got more gold than I know what to do with, I just need to know how to effectively craft it using the gems I've collected.

Thanks.
Zoe Ratcliffe

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:14 am

I could only make basic Gold or Silver rings & amulets. For some reason circlets can't be crafted, nor any of the amulets & rings with gems in it.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Jewelry_(Skyrim)
Damned_Queen

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:42 am

I've never had Circlets on the list, but amulets and rings with gems I could make. I wonder if more can be made if your Smithing Skill increases? Can anyone verify that?
Farrah Lee

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:01 am

I've never had Circlets on the list, but amulets and rings with gems I could make. I wonder if more can be made if your Smithing Skill increases? Can anyone verify that?

I doubt it, because My smithing perk tree is maxed. It's probably just one of the millions of bugs in the game.

Edit: I proably have about a million septims worth of gems stashed away in my safe at Prospire Manor, because the merchants never have enough gold to buy them all after a round of loot & dungeon crawling.

It would've been good, if the different gems amplified the enchantment effects, but they serve nothing more than monetary purposes.
Krystal Wilson

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:43 am

I don't think it's a bug. I just don't think that it's that damn important.

Aside from crafting jewelry to enchant, jewelry serves no purpose in the game except as liquid asset gold fodder with the merchants.

I'd personally like to see where you get your numbers for "millions" of bugs in the game. Seems to me, you're just being a whiney [censored] who has nothing better to do than to complain.
Amy Melissa

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:53 pm

Aside from crafting jewelry to enchant, jewelry serves no purpose in the game except as liquid asset gold fodder with the merchants.

I'd personally like to see where you get your numbers for "millions" of bugs in the game. Seems to me, you're just being a whiney [censored] who has nothing better to do than to complain.

Well, I'm just exagerating because i've lost count.
Lisa

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:33 am

enchanting jewelry that you have crafted is a good way to boost your enchanting skill and make some very useful items (boost various skills, protection from fire, ect.). I have quite a variety of necklaces and rings with various gems that I've enchanted - some my character and her companion wear, some we sell and some she just keeps. I've made several items worth over 1,000 gold with enchantments.

In answer to the OP's question - if you go to a smithing station and scroll down over jewelry it will show you what gems are needed to craft each item. I don't think all of them showed up until I had my smithing skill quite high but it's a good way to check. I always have way more than I can sell, so I keep all the gems and any other crafting materials (this fits the back story I'm roleplaying for this particular character).
Matt Fletcher

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:58 am

Well I know one of my characters had her Smithing skill up to 100 with all perks, so I'll just use her to check the stats and requirements for each item and put it all in a chart.

Maybe I'll even post it to GameFAQ or something. As much as I use that site I should contribute something.

Thanks all.
Rusty Billiot

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:05 am

As far as I can tell you can see every kind of jewelry you can craft from the very beginning of the game, gold diamond jewelry being the most expensive. I know that before my smithing reached even 40 I was making amythest, garnet, ruby rings and amulets and whatnot.
Tiffany Carter

Post » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:09 pm

As far as I can tell you can see every kind of jewelry you can craft from the very beginning of the game, gold diamond jewelry being the most expensive. I know that before my smithing reached even 40 I was making amythest, garnet, ruby rings and amulets and whatnot.

Same for me.
Kill Bill

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:09 am

Yep, seems unenchanted circlets only exist as loot and market-goods.
Kate Schofield

Post » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:32 pm

Hold on to your circlets then! I did not know that.
Thanks everyone.
christelle047

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:31 am

I'm pretty sure if you go to a forge it will show you the entire list of all craftable jewelery, value and requirements.
-__^

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:52 am

The crafting menu tells you all you need.
Lewis Morel

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:58 am

It's important because anything that adds to in-game freedoms, options and atmosphere is... important.
Jewelry serves plenty of purpose, with that new invention called "enchanting." If you could craft more of it, like circlets, you'd be improving your smithing skill and adding gems to up the value, to serve that other invention called "making a profit."
And there are damn near millions of bugs, it's called a figure of speech. There are tons of bugs giving tons of people tons of problems. Broken quests and missing NPC's kinda puts a damper on things. Especially if you're not on PC.
Bird

Return to V - Skyrim