Crashing on fast travel and entering cells

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:21 am

Before I start, if it means anything, I have the Steam version of the Ultimate Edition, so I have all the add-ons and DLCs.

Recently my old computer completely crapped out on me and I had to get a new one. This one is much more updated in hardware and runs Windows 10, for what it's worth. So one of the first games I reinstalled from Steam was New Vegas, since I love the hell out of it. I've been crashing far more often than I ever did before. Funny enough, I have even fewer mods than I did before, when it was much more stable.

The crashes seem to happen after I hit a certain amount of loading screens. I can only fast travel or enter new cells only so many times before the game crashes. This is exceedingly annoying, having to restart the game every 15-20 minutes. Here's my mod list:

Spoiler
All DLCs

NVSE

Fallout Character Overhaul

Advanced Recon Tech

Courier Stations

Fellout + Old World Blues addition

Headgear Revamp

Gloves Galore

Enhanced Blood Textures

Music Recovery

NVAC

Dean's Blackmail Holotape fix for Dead Money

Euclid's C-Finder fix

Weapon Mod Menu

Mod Configuration Menu

Killing Karma Fix

Kerberos Armor + Advanced Recon addition

A few custom armor and weapon mods

Thing is, like I said before, I'm using fewer mods this time -- no longer using Project Nevada, for example. And even then, the majority of the mods I have I also had before, and I never had NVAC before now, so I can't imagine why it was more stable before than it is now. Any help will be greatly appreciated! :)

Damian Parsons

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:19 am

Disable all mods. Uncheck them and disable archive invalidated. IF you made significant changes to the ini files back them up first then delete them.

Start a new game. See if the issue comes back.

ALways best to try the game Vanilla without mods first. Especially on a new machine.

Kayla Keizer

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:24 am

Oh I played vanilla a bit before re-downloading any mods, for pretty much this reason ha. I went through all the stuff in Goodsprings fine, still do. Haven't touched the ini files. Still, I'll check the mods. Thanks!

Edit: The culprit seemed to be Fellout, for whatever reason. Once I disabled that, the game seems to run much more smoothly. Not an essential mod, I can live without it. Thanks again! :)

Mrs Pooh

Return to Fallout: New Vegas