Creating more Reznod mannequins in CS

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:19 pm

I'm trying to add further mannequins to my copy of Reznod's, via the CS. I've added one, but I'm stuck on a few points, and would appreciate some help.

1) The count column in the Object Window shows 0, where it shows 64 for each of the other mannequins. I presume this has to do with the number of mannequins of this type that can be bought/found in the game, when the mod is loaded. How can I change this?

2) In the NPC window for the other mannequins, the Calc Min is 1. Mine is 0. All are grayed-out. I'd like to know how to change this to match the others.

3) In the NPC AI window for the other mannequins, the AI packages reference ReznodMannequinActorAIWearable and ReznodMannequinActorAIArmor. I can copy the values for these (such as Continue if PC is Near), but when I try copy ReznodMannequinActorAIWearable (for example), I get a popup to the effect that "Form's ID is not unique! Previous form is type AI package." Yet all of Reznod's mannequins reference ReznodMannequinActorAIArmor and ReznodMannequinActorAIWearable, so there should be some way I can do this, as well.

4) There are a whole range of animations, some checked off, some not, for each of Reznod's. Mine shows none, and I can't see where to add them.

5) I'd also like to change how these mannequins are titled at the various merchants. How would I go about doing that?

Sorry for the trouble, but I hope you can help. I'm just a tyro at this, but I'm doing my level best. Thanks again for your assistance.
Queen Bitch

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:48 am

I'm trying to add further mannequins to my copy of Reznod's, via the CS. I've added one, but I'm stuck on a few points, and would appreciate some help.

1) The count column in the Object Window shows 0, where it shows 64 for each of the other mannequins. I presume this has to do with the number of mannequins of this type that can be bought/found in the game, when the mod is loaded. How can I change this?

2) In the NPC window for the other mannequins, the Calc Min is 1. Mine is 0. All are grayed-out. I'd like to know how to change this to match the others.

3) In the NPC AI window for the other mannequins, the AI packages reference ReznodMannequinActorAIWearable and ReznodMannequinActorAIArmor. I can copy the values for these (such as Continue if PC is Near), but when I try copy ReznodMannequinActorAIWearable (for example), I get a popup to the effect that "Form's ID is not unique! Previous form is type AI package." Yet all of Reznod's mannequins reference ReznodMannequinActorAIArmor and ReznodMannequinActorAIWearable, so there should be some way I can do this, as well.

4) There are a whole range of animations, some checked off, some not, for each of Reznod's. Mine shows none, and I can't see where to add them.

Sorry for the trouble, but I hope you can help. I'm just a tyro at this, but I'm doing my level best.

The count will only show up once you actually place them in the world somewhere - IIRC Reznod has a holding cell into which he has placed 64 of each type of mannequin and that is why it shows 64 - also the scripting that he uses for the mannequins will choose on of those 64 from the holding cell and move it to where you place it in game so the script is going to need to be adjusted as well in order to add any more and use them.

For the AI packages you will either need to change the name\id of the package or just reuse the original package and not create a new one the reason for the error you are getting is you are trying to create a Package that already exists and this is causing the game to complain as it cannot have 2 packages named the same or it will not know which is the proper oine to use.

In order for the animations to show up they must be in the proper file location (It's been awhile but IIRC it has to be in the same folder as the skeleton.nif that is being used) - IIRC REznod created a new race for his mannequins and has the .kf file (animations) in the same folders that they are set to use (it's been a long time since I looked at his setup so can not remember all of it but it is much more involved than just creating a new object and having it show up in game !! so you will want to closely look at the way he has it setup and understand what is being done if you want to adjust it (should be able to add more of the existing ones fairly easily by adding more to the holding cell and possibly adjusting the scripting) - but actually crating new poses etc. will take some understanding of the inner workings of the mod and you may want to contact him for clearer instructions on how to proceed.
-__^

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:03 am

Thanks for the quick response. I've found how to setup the AI, and I've checked over Reznod's scripts. I've created one new template for a mannequin, as well, and can create others. If I can get this going properly, I'll ultimately contact Reznod, and try to get permission to make it a public release. But I'm a tyro, and have only very limited experience in the CS. It's likely to take some time.

I suspect I'm not the only one who has noticed how NPC faces in the CS tend not to look a great deal as they do in the game.
Amy Siebenhaar

Return to IV - Oblivion