Creating a pen and paper system

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:20 pm

Hi all you rpers and writers out there. I've been toying with the idea of creating an actual system for a pen and paper elder scrolls for a while and was thinking about taking a pop at it. Of course it would be simple enough to just use d20 3rd or 4th edition and simply set a game in Tamrial changing the names and descriptions of weapons monsters etc. But I like the idea of actualy playing it with the proper system. So I figured I'd take a pop at it. My initial idea is that skill checks work on a percentage roll. Since skills and stats are rated from 0 to 100 I figured that to make a skill check you take your skill then your stat add them together and divide by 2 to give you your basic roll. Then apply modifiers for difficulty and make a role. It clearly needs stream lining already and I haven't even thought about combat yet. Anyway if anyone has any suggestions just post them up. Eventually I'll need people help write the setting and make stats for major character throw together little quests that gms can make use of etc. But I want to focus on th system first once I've got that down I'll take it from there.
Josh Dagreat

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:27 pm

There was a dude doing this some time ago. You might find his thread if you search for it.
Chavala

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:58 pm

Well I couldn't find any other threads on the idea but do any of you know any fantasy rpg systems that are skill based? I only know of White Wolf's exalted and that's waaayyy to overpowering for an elder scrolls style game. But if there's anything out there I could adapt that would certainly be a good starting point.
Mario Alcantar

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:30 pm

There are a few others working on the same I idea, http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=978712
Ella Loapaga

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion