Creating a spell from scratch?

Post » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:26 am

I see all these tutorials about how to make weapons and all that cool stuff, but can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial that will teach me how to make a spell? The spell that I'm trying to make is an Open Lock spell for Alteration. Any help would be appreciated!
KRistina Karlsson

Post » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:30 pm

Come on please guys? Just a little help to get started at least?
SHAWNNA-KAY

Post » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:19 am

You need a few things

1. Projectile x
2. Magic Effect
3. The spell
(Optional) Explosion x

Edit: Saw you mean an Open Lock spell.

You're probably going to need to use scripting. If you're just looking for an open lock spell, one already exists in Midas Magic for Skyrim.
How would you do it, probably add a perk to the player that makes it so whenever they activate something locked, there is an option to unlock it, ending the spell. I'm not sure an unlock spell a la Oblivion is possible just yet.
Nicole Mark

Post » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:37 am

You need a few things

1. Projectile x
2. Magic Effect
3. The spell
(Optional) Explosion x

Edit: Saw you mean an Open Lock spell.

You're probably going to need to use scripting. If you're just looking for an open lock spell, one already exists in Midas Magic for Skyrim.
How would you do it, probably add a perk to the player that makes it so whenever they activate something locked, there is an option to unlock it, ending the spell. I'm not sure an unlock spell a la Oblivion is possible just yet.

It's already there in Skyrim, the Tower Sign I believe. I just gotta figure out how to turn that into a spell. Someone has already managed to make the Kajiit Nighteye into a spell, so it's gotta be possible right?
Alessandra Botham

Post » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:25 am

Wow seriously? No one knows how to make this kinda spell? I know Midas was able to do it. I've managed to make the cast work in game, but it doesn't do anything. It's just a ball of light that disappears when it hits an object.
Flutterby

Post » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:33 pm

You also have the unlock console command, think that should work.
However the tower power is probably closer, like Khajiit nighteye is an existing magic effect
nath

Post » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:54 pm

I see all these tutorials about how to make weapons and all that cool stuff, but can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial that will teach me how to make a spell? The spell that I'm trying to make is an Open Lock spell for Alteration. Any help would be appreciated!
I made an Open Lock spell mod if you're interested. You can find it here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=10292
Horror- Puppe

Post » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:51 am

I made an Open Lock spell mod if you're interested. You can find it here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=10292

Thanks, but I was hoping to figure out how to make one myself as practice for making others later.
Could you please tell me how you did it at least?
Hazel Sian ogden

Post » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:50 pm

your best bet would be to look at the spell added by the tower stone
Katey Meyer

Post » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:02 pm

duplicate the the power. Go to the Copy, rename the ID and the Name (the name is what appears in the game) and tweak it so instead of saying "Power" it says spell. You can now also tweak the cost of magicka and the subtitle. However, you will also need to make a spell tome for it. There was an extremely helpful tut on utube for conjuration, you could probably follow it but use your alteration version.
Spencey!

Post » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:40 pm

duplicate the the power. Go to the Copy, rename the ID and the Name (the name is what appears in the game) and tweak it so instead of saying "Power" it says spell. You can now also tweak the cost of magicka and the subtitle. However, you will also need to make a spell tome for it. There was an extremely helpful tut on utube for conjuration, you could probably follow it but use your alteration version.

Awesome, thank you!
Kristina Campbell

Return to V - Skyrim